Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7973 (resized).jpeg
7971 (resized).jpeg
7976 (resized).jpeg
7978 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hey all,

So a family friend is considering selling his shuffleboard. He states it is 28 feet (I'll assume 22 plus cabinet?) and used to have a bar name with 1929 and Brooklyn on it. It has since been laser sanded and shellacked. I believe the manufacturer is National.

I don't know much else unfortunately.

He has asked me to help sell it, including research and pricing. I'm at a loss as I know absolutely nothing about these other than what I've read since yesterday.

Anyway, I'll attach the pics I have.

Any insight or suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.

7971 (resized).jpeg7971 (resized).jpeg7973 (resized).jpeg7973 (resized).jpeg7976 (resized).jpeg7976 (resized).jpeg7978 (resized).jpeg7978 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

A little searching turns up people asking two to three grand for them.

Getting anything might be different. Too often big things like this, you might be lucky to have someone haul it away for free for you.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Yup, just went through 2 bowlers, I'm totally on board with you, slim market.

I'm trying to find a decent asking point. Everyone is selling gold these days.

I guess I'm wondering if this might be an unusual find, or pretty much run of the mill?

#4 4 years ago

I owned a 28 footer for a while. You think a 22 footer is hard to move? Took six of us to get it out of a New Jersey basement through a window.

#5 4 years ago

Yup. I'm happy it's not mine!

I could see it being absolutely awesome in the right place. I don't have that place!

So what should I tell this guy as an opening price do you think?

Maybe list it for $25,000 on EBay, and $1,800 Craigslist?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I know absolutely nothing about these

They are a lot of fun to play!! Used to go to a VFW that had one...Good luck!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleboard-questions- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.