Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#627 3 years ago
    Quoted from JSC:

Are there any modern bowlers currently being made like the Williams ones. I really like the mechanical bowlers but don’t think I’d be able to maintain one with older tech, just don’t have the know how. A lot of them I see currently being made are virtual - roll into a screen.

Short answer...I don't think so. I looked into getting a while back and here's where I ended up....

The Arachnid Disc Glo is the most modern comparison (https://www.gameroomshop.com/products/arachnid-spider-360-disc-glo-shuffleboard-bowling-home-arcade-game). I went through the entire "show us your gameroom" thread on pinside and messaged the people who had one. The common response was effectively "love it. it is my most played game at parties"

The last shuffle bowler made was the Paker Bohn III Pro Bowler (https://www.highwaygames.com/arcade-machines/parker-bohn-iii-8889/), which has a CRT tube in it. I have fond memories of, but most people seem to think it was inferior to the williams alleys.

Backing up before that, you have the last of the Williams shuffle bowlers: Strikemaster (guy translite) and League Champ (girl translite). These have a DMD and seem to be similar (sudden death frame in Strikemaster, I believe)
    https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/williams-strike-master-puck-bowler-for-sale.php
    ebay.com link: 1995 Williams League Champ Shuffle Alley Bowling Machine

I convinced myself that if I ever bought one I would go with the Strikemaster or League Champ.

But...my wife wanted something that didn't have a screen at all. So we ended up with a 12 ft sand shuffleboard table. It is my most commonly played game at parties

5 months later
    #655 2 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My wife have been looking for 10 foot model but the price is over 3k range. I don't look everyday but if someone know of a good deal here in Northeast area please let me know.

Not sure if you want shuffle or skee...but this caught my eye. 13ft tho.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1293236527745074/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A5c8ae40c-6406-485c-a48b-3931a50347b1

1 year later
    #806 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Spent the past couple days lining up parts that I will need to restore the Skee Ball. Was able to get an original sales flyer from Steve Young. THANK YOU STEVE. Also was able to secure the custom mixed rattle can paint for the tan and brown areas on the game. Have some hose for the little spike that keeps the ball from getting hung up on the playfield as well as some rivets for the side rails (removing them as the side rails will be repainted so that stainless has to come off and then be reattached) coming tomorrow from McMaster Carr. An associate of Steve Youngs was able to get me another Jones plug for the box inside the back box that connects to the switch at left player position. Believe this resets the winner light but not sure yet. Was able to find the black U Channel molding for the "winner" light on Amazon so that should be arriving soon.

Have a new sticker being made for the left siderail that says "skee ball 25 Cents a game" that is being made locally by a graphics shop to match the original. Also having new graphics made for the top of the back box where the rolodex is that says Skee Ball and the two yellow dots that go above that logo Currently working on getting some paint off the actual balls as at some point they were painted by the last operator so I was told.

Going to make a run probably on monday to take a number of parts to media blasting and also to stainless polishing. Game will look nice when all done but it will also look very original!

Just wanted to say I have enjoyed hearing about the journey! Nice work!

I look forward to seeing some pics!

1 month later
    #881 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

which just wouldn't be the same on a Kindle?

You can't view it on the physical kindle device (I tried), presumably because of all the pictures. You can buy the kindle version and view it on your computer or phone in the kindle app, though.

5 months later
    #932 10 months ago
    Quoted from TonyP66:

Changed out my batteries in my gold mine and seem to have lost the setting for free play. Anyone have a reference for the settings?

I don't, but next time, change the batteries with machine ON and it should retain the settings.

8 months later
    #1011 55 days ago

Looking for advice on the best silicone & wax/cheese regimen for a shuffleboard.

When I first got my board, I had some silicone wax from game room guys that said to spray it on, let it sit for 20 min and the wipe off. When I switched the sun glo silicone spray, it doesn't say anything about wiping it off.

What do you recommend?

After spraying on, I then add the powdered wax (cheese). Occasionally, I will wipe clean and re-wax without spraying on the silicone, but I find this doesn't work as well as silicone & wax every time.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.10.08?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.10.08?AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us?tu=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.