Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nipsmg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#305 6 years ago

I'm joining the thread here. I recently picked up a Model H that's has badly cracked and marred cork, and non-working electronics, and missing the right metal end cap (with the coin slot) and the right plastic rails. I recently picked up the right metal cover.

(IF anyone knows where I can get the right rail, PLEASE contact me!)

I'll be purchasing replacement cork soon and refurbishing the runway and scoring board.

Since the electronics didnt' work, I carefully removed them all and added a new 720p 27.5 inch TV and PC I had lying around, and started writing my own skeeball game software. (Some in-game images below).

If anyone's interested in the software and the progress thread, it's over at BYOAC: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156300.msg1642100.html#msg1642100

#314 6 years ago

I'm throwing my hat in the ring here.

I picked up a beat up Model H a few weeks ago for $200 after searching for quite some time. It has some issues:
    - Missing the right plastic yellow rail
    - Missing the right metal end cap with the coin slot
    - Missing the marquee plexiglass
    - Electronics not working
    - Dented and cracked cork on runway and scoring ring board.

I've been able to find the metal end cap and sourced replacement cork. I CANNOT find the plastic rail.. if ANYONE has a lead on that, please let me know.
    skee3small (resized).jpgskee3small (resized).jpg

Since the electronics aren't working, I decided to carefully and non-destructively remove the stock electronics and wiring, put a 27.5in TV in the top box fronted with a piece of smoked plexi, and throw a computer in the bottom of the cabinet. For software, I saw some interesting examples around the net of people writing skeeball controller software, so I decided to write my own (screenshots below):
    Classic (resized).pngClassic (resized).png
    Bowling1 (resized).pngBowling1 (resized).png
    310 (resized).png310 (resized).png
    StrangerInTheAlps (resized).pngStrangerInTheAlps (resized).png
    Skricket (resized).pngSkricket (resized).png

Here's a shot of it running on the cabinet.
    screenthroughplexi (resized).jpgscreenthroughplexi (resized).jpg

If anyone's interested int he software project, you can follow it here (and see some videos, etc): http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156300.0.html

2 months later
    #323 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Skee ball has been the biggest hit of the game room. Especially after a few beers and money starts getting laid down.

I believe it, I don't think I've ever met someone who said "Skeeball? Nah, not for me." Just doesn't happen. Mine's been buried in the unfinished basement and we don't get much traffic until Summertime when the pool opens. I'm about to bring mine up into the garage with the MAME machine and the Scorpion 9000 darts -- so I'm psyched to see the response, especially with my new SkeeBall software.

6 months later
    #387 5 years ago
    Quoted from SharkDoc:

Just picked up an old model E machine that is in need of some love and looking for all available resources! No lights or scoreboard, also missing the marquee. Finding it difficult to track down parts for this guy so I'm debating whether to make it a little more modern by switching to S or H parts or just going straight modern. Anyone know of a good resource to keep it original or ideas on the other routes?

I did the same, picked up a model H that had seen better days with broken electronics, and created a software suite for it. Runs off a PC with a tv mounted in the top box.

Feel free to reach out to me on BYOAC if interested in the software or to talk about conversion: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156300.0.html (A link to my cabinet thread is there as well).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nipsmg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us?tu=nipsmg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.