Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 7 years ago

2012-08-08_16-18-36_221 (resized).jpg2012-08-08_16-18-36_221 (resized).jpg

2012-08-08_16-19-53_242 (resized).jpg2012-08-08_16-19-53_242 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I've been looking to buy a skeeball machine of some sort for my soon to be game room. What are the average price ranges? I know new is in the 2-5 thousand range but I'm looking for something on the cheap! Any help or info would be great. Located in Texas.

Model H... Typical price is about $1000. But if you want to hunt they can be had for cheaper. I bought 2 for a total of $200 five years ago. If you're picky, make sure the balls are in good shape. Original wooden balls can get pricey...

#65 7 years ago

I have this 4 player kit. It's a model S CPU, but plays fine in my model H. Game uses 3 balls. Each player rolls 3 turns of 3 balls each per game. Completely different sounds. It was fun when I had kids in the house, but I've since switched my machine back to the single player model H.

1213161721 (resized).jpg1213161721 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #109 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jaymach1:

Hey nephasth, I'm picking up one of these 4 player skee balls this weekend. I. Hoping it's as nice as the guy claims. I understand that the 4 player model is pretty rare but I'm pretty new to the skee ball arena.

The 4 player model is super rare. The one you're picking up will be the only complete example I've heard of in my 7 years of collecting. Mine is just a "kit". It's definitely fun, but the biggest reason I switched mine back to single player was for the classic sounds I remember from when I was a kid.

#111 7 years ago

I'm unaware of a way to tell, but I don't think conversion kits were sold (might be wrong), I think you had to order the machine as a 4 player, hence the rarity...

#112 7 years ago

Found my old video of when I had the 4 player kit in my machine. Apologies on the video orientation and loud release solenoid (which was fixed long ago).

1 week later
    #127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So whats the difference between model H and model S skee balls?

Hardware wise... CPUs and power supplies. Maybe displays. The rest, including wiring, is the same.

2 weeks later
    #143 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Can anyone that owns a skeeball with the mechanical switches take a picture of the ball return trough for me? I'm having the toughest time trying to get the switches all adjusted so they score perfect. It's driving me noots...

0209170803 (resized).jpg0209170803 (resized).jpg

0209170804 (resized).jpg0209170804 (resized).jpg

#146 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Thanks so much! I think my issue is my switches need to be angled down more. Also my trough is different. It is plastic and doesn't have that rubber down the middle. I wonder if that causes the balls to slow down a bit.

Bend your switch actuator wires so that the switch just makes contact as the ball pushes the actuator wire. If they're bent too far in towards the ball, it could cause the switch actuator to bounce as the ball rolls by, which will add more points than what was actually scored. The center switches each add 10 points as the ball rolls down. The 100 point pocket switches will add 50 points when made, the other 50 points comes from the 5 switches down the middle. If your game isn't scoring enough points, some switch actuator wires may bent too far out from the ball.

8 months later
    #226 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

How would you do this conversion to a 4 player?
    No details in the vid.
    » YouTube video

That's funny. That's actually my video. Still have the machine. It's a single player model H. I bought the 4 player model S CPU, display, and translight/marquee from a collector off KLOV several years ago. Essentially, it's plug and play. Uses 3 balls at a time instead of 9. Pretty fun for kids, but I missed the model H sounds and converted back to single player. Still have all the parts.

5 months later
    #336 5 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Does anyone know the theory of operation for a Model H. 9 Ball game used to only need 5 balls loaded. The gate used to lock after 5 were thrown leaving for in the trough. Now it’s different on each of my two alleys. One only locks after it hits 9 and people keep either stealing the balls or throwing them all in he other alley causing ball count issues when a game is started.
    Can find anything online and SkeeBall tech support doesn’t exist anymore, I believe.

The ball release solenoid should only open "the gate" for a few seconds to allow 9 balls to drop. This is the case for Model H as well as Model S lanes.

#341 5 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Perhaps I'm talking about the wrong model (S, then?). Early 2000s model with optos. It has a pretty simple set up with just a solenoid and an arm? All of the optos are working correctly.
    It's annoying because people keep puttingthe excess balls from the one lane into the other which causing the overloaded lane to start with X amount of balls played.

Pics of the machine?

#346 5 years ago

No space? That thing is tiny, it uses golf balls!

4 months later
    #374 5 years ago
    Quoted from SharkDoc:

Just picked up an old model E machine that is in need of some love and looking for all available resources! No lights or scoreboard, also missing the marquee. Finding it difficult to track down parts for this guy so I'm debating whether to make it a little more modern by switching to S or H parts or just going straight modern. Anyone know of a good resource to keep it original or ideas on the other routes?
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! I've never even come across a Model E before. However, I've owned 2 Model H machinces, and have a 4-player Model S CPU, display, and marquee. The Model S parts plugged into the Model H harnesses without any modification and worked perfectly. Hopefully you'll be able to do the same by installing Model H/S parts in your Model E. All the love that machine needs won't come cheap, hope you picked that sucker up for a song!

Also, if the lane isn't too beat up, it should clean up nicely with some Taski Profi.

#379 5 years ago
    Quoted from SharkDoc:

Awesome, thanks! I was wonder how the hot salsa looked, seemed too bright, but I guess not. How high are the front legs on the lane? Just found a good looking model S or H project in W. Palm for $50 on facebook if anyone wants it. Trying to get him to part out the balls and marquee for me but we will see

For $50, buy the whole thing!

10 months later
    #448 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcuzz:

hmm, this didn't work. any other ideas?

Touch PA05 (orange, not white according to the pinout pic you provided) to Ground.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us?tu=nephasth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.