Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dhutton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

These games are always fun to play and a big hit at parties.

Here's a shot of my 13' Model H Skeeball and United Supreme shuffle alley.

DSCN5794 (resized).JPGDSCN5794 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5795 (resized).JPGDSCN5795 (resized).JPG

#28 7 years ago

Every once in awhile I'll remove all the material from the lane and start fresh. I've also seen the instructions to spray with silicone but have not tried it.

Funny story - a few years ago my wife, daughter and I were planning a trip to Hershey park. We knew they had skee balls in the arcade, so we were down in the basement every night for 2 weeks practicing, figuring we would win a boatload of tickets. When we got there we found they had the 10' lanes, and we were practicing on a 13 footer. We couldn't win jack that day.

#33 7 years ago

In February the New York Times reported that Skee-Ball had been sold to Bay Tek Games in Wisconsin.
    Not sure if they will continue to manufacture the current lineup or will just re-brand their own stuff with the Skee-Ball name.

#45 7 years ago

Those are some really cool looking machines, Mopar. Nice collection.

3 months later
    #161 7 years ago

It's really nice seeing all of these machines acquired and the excitement they generate.
    My skee ball and puck bowler are some of the most played games in my collection.

7 months later
    #217 6 years ago
    Quoted from smohr:

Yes i cut a 38 x 40 opening. With 2 people on topside and 2 people in basement we were able to jockey the score box.

That's definitely going above and beyond.

1 year later
    #419 5 years ago

Nice work. Glad you got it going.
    When I have people over, Skeeball is one of the most played games.

3 years later
    #816 1 year ago

This was the link he posted. Looks like it's 24" wide by 8' long, and red. Looks like you can get other sizes and colors. Just have to measure what you have and get what's close, and maybe do some trimming.

https://www.bangorcork.com/24-x-1-4-Colored-Cork-Roll-Cut-to-Length_5?quantity=1&custcol2=13&custcol1=12&keywords=bc24c

#822 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

You know I go down to work on this and am continued to be amazed how someone thought this all up. No computers, no internet to do “research”. Just an idea and to boot, no electricity (the game will work and still be able to eat money without the need for power)!!
    I feel very fortunate to have been able to grab one of these old dinosaurs and bring it back to life. Now if I can somehow get the netting squared away! Back to electricity and my “research” aka surfing the net!!

Thats what is so cool about these older games. Must have been a lot of trial and error, along with evolution from year to year just refining the various mechanisms.

Really enjoying watching you bring this back to life. I think my first introduction to Skeeball were these mechanical units at Clementon Park in NJ back in the 60's.

1 week later
    #837 1 year ago

Those rings really look good. And that is a very good price for having those nets custom made. Can't wait to see them.
    Question - what do those NOS Sylvania bulbs look like? Must have been hard to find.

1 month later
    #885 1 year ago

What are you using to polish the stainless?
    Also, you wouldn't believe how many people thought the coin return tray/cup was an ashtray.

#887 1 year ago

It does make the machine look complete.
    As far as the coin mech - I'm guessing the coin stays in the mech until you pull the ball release lever all the way down, when it then drops into the coin box? If so, would the operator have to come over for any stuck coins? Just wondering.

1 week later
    #901 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Well made some headway today. Found out that I have two different size balls. Also worked this eve on adjusting the scoring shaft with its related “fingers”. The only one that was working was the “50” slot and all others did not register any score.

My game has one ball that is slightly smaller than the rest, but registers the score properly, so I've never really looked for a replacement. When playing though, there is always a little hesitation when that ball is grabbed because it just feels different.

Also, I had replaced all of the scoring switches and remember it took quite a bit of adjusting to get them right.

Can't wait to see your machine running again in all its glory.

1 month later
    #923 1 year ago

Thanks for posting the patent info. I was curious what the date was considering the flyer was bragging about the ability of the game to make $15.00 to $30.00/week in profits. Pretty cool.

4 months later
    #937 9 months ago

GLWS. That is a nice-looking game.

5 months later
    #978 4 months ago

Don't mean to hijack your post, but that board with everything securely mounted and the wires stapled down reminds me of Jr. High electric shop in the early 70's.

2 months later
    #1015 53 days ago

Those look great. Nice work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dhutton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us?tu=dhutton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.