Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider big420atx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Finally part of the club...model S built in 1991. A few burnt out bulbs but otherwise 100%. Seems a solid candidate for a proper restoration someday, but for now, just going to enjoy it.

That machine looks so nice with that bright red coloring on it.

6 months later
    #290 6 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

My buddy is looking for a skeeball in California. Shipping isn’t an issue, budget is up to $2,500 please message me with any leads.
    Thanks, Mike

Is your friend still looking for a lane?

#292 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Fellow Pinsiders with Skee Ball,
    I've got a Kickstarter in the review process that should go live in the next couple of days for replacement score and ball count boards. My Skee had the mini-bulb displays... no longer! Now it has my new LED boards and they work great so I've decided to take them to market. Here's link where you can preview my Kickstarter campaign; I'll post an update when it gets approved and goes live!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/662372168?ref=433344&token=89fb157b
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

I like what you have done. But I also don't fully understand what you are fixing. It is impressive what you have done no doubt.

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I just updated the campaign with a stand-alone display that will run without a Skee Ball machine. Hopefully expands the appeal as a display piece in game rooms. Check it out at "update 2" in my campaign...
    -Rob

I like what you have done. But I still don't understand why you are going your route. Why not just do the 7 segment led display like the company made. Then you eliminate all the worry, hassle and extra parts.

I have never had an issue with one.

7 months later
    #357 5 years ago

hey that is awesome man. congrats on making your dream a reality.

1 week later
    #373 5 years ago
    Quoted from SharkDoc:

Just picked up an old model E machine that is in need of some love and looking for all available resources! No lights or scoreboard, also missing the marquee. Finding it difficult to track down parts for this guy so I'm debating whether to make it a little more modern by switching to S or H parts or just going straight modern. Anyone know of a good resource to keep it original or ideas on the other routes?
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey congrats on the lane. Im glad someone out there in Florida scooped it up. It was forsale so long I thought it was trashed by now.

As far as the lane goes I would just keep it as is for now. I have parts galore if you are in the market. But they will add up after a bit so it is on you for how far you want to go with the restoration. Either way I have everything you need to make that baby sparkle..

4 months later
    #423 5 years ago
    Quoted from drummerdude:

I just picked up a 6ft skee ball a few months back. Have yet to put anything into it except some bulbs.
    [quoted image]

i really need that. what do you want for it?

3 years later
    #781 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Looking for a decent 10 foot Model H, S or new version skee ball if anyone has one.
    Thanks!

i have a couple of nice lanes. where are you located

just shoot me a pm whenever you get a chance. thank

3 months later
    #799 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

You guys out there that are into the history of Skee Ball, there is a great book called Seeking Redemption. Authors Thaddeus Cooper and Kevin Kreitman. An absolute fascinating story about the history of this game. I am not a reader by any means and love this book.

i got a couple of copies of that book. but i haven't made it past like like the first chapter where the brothers start the company or whatever at the saw mill.

but it is a decent book and all that fun stuff.

1 month later
    #869 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Starting to reattach the repolished stainless strips for the tops of the side rails. Riveting them back in place with the helm of a pin guide that worked really well I think.
    Perfection, no but not bad
    [quoted image][quoted image]

looks great and i don't think i have really seen one with a stainless strip in the center. that is a really sharp touch.

2 weeks later
    #893 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

A few pics showing some progress!! Still have to clean the cork. The polishing of the stainless really adds some pop to the game I think. Just wrapping up final paint on the back box. Remove the scoring section in the backbox and cleaned all that up. Getting close
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

dude you absolutely killed it on that polish job. i have seen a many restos over the years but you might have just taken the crown with this one.

that looks so amazing right now. kudos my man

#895 1 year ago

you can find suitable replacement brackets at home depot. they are virtually identical and super cheap. they guy on ebay is such a rip off.

as for the pop rivets. i just us a 10 dollar rivet gun that pulls the rivets all the way into the hole. so both sides are smooth. i have never had any nipples on the inside or outside like that.

it looks to me like they sized the rivets wrong and needed a washer to hold it in place.

1 week later
    #904 1 year ago

wow 2 months seems like a crazy amount of time for that nets. i know it is too late to change that. but if you do this again an upholstery shop would bang them out pretty fast.

#906 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Not being argumentative, but what upholstery shop, where? I use an upholstery shop for some boat cushion work for my clients. They are never faster than two months and often longer.
    Trying to find people today that will actually work is quite the challenge. Not like the old days. Today it’s all about free stuff. We’re going down as a country!
    I am just glad that the shop will do it and didn’t tell me outright not interested!!

i guess this might just be a "your mileage may very" kind of thing.

but here in Tx we have way too many upholstery shops. both auto/marine and interior so farming out work is pretty much just calling around to see who has the time for a quick job.

i have had them done a few times in the past for about 50-80 a set. i just tied my nets to the frames and let them bind the edges with canvas. then i pulled the frames out and they just run them across the table super fast.

but again i get it the regional markets for that kind of work will dictate how quick and painless that ends up.

either way i am definitely looking forward to seeing it all complete and looking like a million bucks.

#914 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Here it is (same pic I posted on page one of this thread). It's obviously large and consumes a lot of space. I kind of got sick of it taking up so much room in my tiny game room. Had a few offers to buy it over the years but my wife is very attached to it. So rather than sell it, it's been folded up in storage for about a year.
    Now my wife wants that storage area for her huge vintage Christmas collection. She had the crazy suggestion that we bring the skee ball upstairs and put it in our living room. So that is the plan for next weekend (hopefully).
    [quoted image]

lol...i have been wanting that machine of yours for years. i even tried to buy that from you in an email many years ago.

#918 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I can't remember the last time my wife rolled a ball down it but it's a hill she'll die on for whatever reason. Like you say I think she's in love with the character. It's even prettier from side the profile. Some friends own my previous one. Yes I've had two. And another friend that sold me this one has a pure mechanical version. Weird that three are within 50 miles of each other.
    Yes, you see those Centennial models once in awhile. Very cool. It has design ques similar the my Wurlitzer. Specifically the scrolled front feet.

^^^now i hate you even more...lol

i have the centennial lane and it's cool and all. but it just doesn't have that character that yours does.

1 month later
    #926 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeeballs:

Do you have the product info for the net you bought like size of the holes and which type and how much length and width? Looking to make a net for a skeeball game that doesn’t have one at all.

if you need some nets i have a few complete sets 10s and 13s. just let me know if you are interested and we can go from there. thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider big420atx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us?tu=big420atx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.