Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#644 3 years ago

They're so big and heavy it's just prohibitive. Small buyer's market I'd think. Much like a ball bowler.

More people have played skee ball than ball bowlers I'm certain, so the nostalgia is there.

If I had the room I'd have both, but as it stands, my bowler is firmly planted.

That doesn't mean I don't do local searches for cheap skee balls mind you!

7 months later
    #671 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Just finished refurbishing an Ice Ball. I like how it turned out. The pink paint is florescent, so it glows with black light. The electric guts are still the same, but I replaced some parts, painted, new decals, etc and I think it looks pretty good. Before and after pics.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Well played! I like!

3 months later
    #742 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

How much is a project star dust shuffle bowler worth? Is it worth picking up?

Tricky call really.

Personally, I wouldn't pay over $100 if it looked even close to being functional and aesthetically in good shape. They seem to sell in the $100 - $300 for EMs. At least it has "Flash", but I'd want a solid 3 go to games. Regulation, Flash/Dual Flash, and some other game you're familiar with (Strike 90 is a good one in my opinion). I know this has a few games, but do YOU like them? Also glass/plastic won't be cheap to replace, so make sure it's all there.

They're also large and heavy. That sometimes helps negotiations. As in, I'll lug this thing out of your basement for free.

A project shuffle, as in, something isn't working...
    Challenges can be fun! Maybe it just needs a fuse? Or a coil is burnt? Could be an easy fix!

With that said, I wholly encourage diversity in a line up. And nobody seems intimidated by a puck bowler at parties.

Just an opinion, not gospel.

5 months later
    #780 1 year ago

Looking to sell or trade my 16 ft Amazon bowler. Planning some home improvements which is making things tight for the 16+ feet you need for this game. Game works great!

Great chance for someone to join this club.

Cash or a pin +/- cash.

PM me if interested.

3 weeks later
    #782 1 year ago

Just listed my 16 foot big ball bowler if anyone is interested in joining this club. Trades welcomed as I'm trying to make room for a home improvement project. I could really use the extra 10 feet now!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/140212

20220803_150702 (resized).jpg20220803_150702 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #785 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Love your Ball Bowler!! I just wish I had someplace to put it!! Or, if it came aprt in smnall enough pieces to go in my basement which is tight going up and down. Game looks great!!

Thanks GPS!

It does break down into 3 separate pieces. The only truly challenging piece is the middle lane section with the pin hood. I believe it can be removed, but I wasn't willing to do that. Fortunately my sliding door opens wide enough to pass through.

Still looking for a sale or trade, and open to offers!

#786 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

My goodness this thing was so filthy. So much nicotine to clean off. The switches were all tarnished and not making any electrical contact. All the pin mechs needed to come out and take a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner. Lots of rusted parts went in evaporust as well.
    Game is up and running! Needed new rubbers all around, pins, lights, ballasts, board work(usual stuff like sockets and interconnect, blown ICs and transistors). Last thing is I need a PIA. The one I have on solenoids is damaged and certain coils are weak, sound coils are dead. I swapped PIAs and confirmed it was the cause.
    For some crazy reason all original displays work! Did not expect that! Already bought LED displays but will wait before swapping. LED’d the whole game.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Always lot's of work getting things cleaned and functional, but so worth the effort!

Nice job!

3 weeks later
    #796 1 year ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Just listed my 16 foot big ball bowler if anyone is interested in joining this club. Trades welcomed as I'm trying to make room for a home improvement project. I could really use the extra 10 feet now!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/140212[quoted image]

Bowler has been sold. I'm officially out of the club.

9 months later
    #934 9 months ago

Anyone here need this?

Free - United's Bowling Alley Service Manual

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-s-bowling-alley-service-manual-#post-7652904

Added 9 months ago:

Item has been given away.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us?tu=RonSS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.