Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morinack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#547 4 years ago

Always been a fan of shuffle alleys and Skeeball.
    Picked up a Liberty Bell in the Fall,

Liberty BellLiberty Bell

She was inoperable and now plays like a champ.

Recently began restoring a United Banner i got a little over a month ago.

New HomeNew Home

After many hours of work (cleaning) she is fully operational.
    Had to cut a new coin door.
    Now I get to move on to cosmetics.

New LexanNew Lexan

With the hood up.With the hood up.

Always on the look out for a 13' Skeeball lane. Had one back in NY in the late 90s.

5 months later
    #589 3 years ago

Latest addition/project thanks to DMRK !
    Just stood her up, for a photo op.
    Then I'll tear her down and get it workin!

20200810_170647 (resized).jpg20200810_170647 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #602 3 years ago
    Quoted from IceT:

I just picked up this Williams/United Orion Shuffle Alley. It has a manufacture date of Feb 7, 1968. There is a piece missing that goes between the front metal play card panel and the alley. Can someone post a picture or diagram of what should be there? Better yet does anyone have the part available?
    Tim

Hi Tim,

This pic is from a 73 Liberty Bell (sheet metal removed).
    There is a rubber bumper that you can probably get from Steve over at pbresource.com.
    Your bumper may have been larger than mine though, As you can see, there is no separation in the wood as seen on yours.

Brian

20200820_121254 (resized).jpg20200820_121254 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #622 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Quick update - Having delivered all the rewards claimed from the campaign, I've added the new Baffle-free Skee Displays to my website (linked below) and I've posted a listing on eBay for them as well.
    -Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

Nice work Rob.
    I got mine installed easy peasy.
    Now just waffling on selling the old stuff.

Thanks for the work you do.
    Brian

#624 3 years ago

Found this in my Father's things a long time ago.

20201007_084527 (resized).jpg20201007_084527 (resized).jpg
    #625 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Anyone know of a Skee Ball machine for sale in the Allentown, PA area? Prefer the classic (non lightning or ice ball). 10' preferred as well.
    Thanks in advance!
    Chris

It can be quite a hunt for a specific unit.
    Keep an eye on CL, Letgo, and FB MarketPlace.
    They seem to turn up there more than here.

4 months later
    #646 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelt1:

What is an honest, fair value of a really nice original Skee Ball S, 13'(10' table)great shape, fully working, 100's pockets, ticket dispenser, coin,? thank you.

Yeah, it really depends on what condition you consider "really nice" or "great shape" and how much work you are willing to put into it. Also how patient you are for one to pop up. The one i landed needed a little work, but she is fully operational now and original purchase price was $500. Right place - right time! I have the ticket dispenser but have not hooked it up or bought tickets.

6 months later
    #660 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

Hi all! Has anyone used a modern ball release for their early 90’s Skeeball machine
    (Model S)? I know it should have a big arm that teeter totters. Mine is missing most of the parts for the ball release. I’m not trying to do a perfect restore just would like to have the balls roll down when you hit start. Saw this one on the official Skeeball parts site for a 2010 model in my head it seems like it would work lol. Thanks!
    [quoted image]

Should work fine. the rocker arm is to only advance 9 balls while actually loading more balls into the machine.
    This allows faster games to be played without waiting for 9 balls to return.

1 week later
    #663 2 years ago
    Quoted from EMDude:

So I just bought a 13' model 'S' Skee Ball cabinet w/o boards or wiring harness, am I screwed or can I buy/recreate the harness? It looks like there is a guy who recreated the boards w/LEDs for score/ball count www.kahr.us and the score switches and ball solenoid seem to be readily available. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks!!

Depends on how much you are ready to sink into it.
    The harness would not be a terrible effort to rebuild.
    Do you have the controller unit in the head or is the head an empty shell?
    Does it at least have the balls?
    Are the switches there?
    Ball advance rocker arm and solenoid?

The display board is one piece but there are parts it mounts to.
    If you remove the marquee and take a photo it would tell a lot.

1 week later
    #665 2 years ago
    Quoted from JTAntikythera:

As you can see in the pictures it's not in the best shape, but it's not bad either. One of the circuit boards has what looks like damage from a leaking battery.

Take those batteries out now, even if you are waiting on the manual. They only help retain settings and high scores.
    Feel free to hit us up with any questions.

Welcome and good luck

#668 2 years ago

1. You can create a thread under restoration of you like. Restore to operation is still something. Your call.

2. Pins don't usually reset until a game is started on most SAs.

3. CMOS error is 99% likely b/c no batteries. It gets flagged as a failure.

I don't own this machine or have a schematic so cannot really comment on the rest.

1 week later
    #673 2 years ago
    Quoted from EMDude:

Thanks! Okay, now that I've hauled it home here's what I got.
    - Empty shell, no electronics, score panel or translite BUT I've already found and bought all three!
    - Wiring harness is indeed in-tact.
    - No balls included, but the plastic replacements appear to be readily available
    - All but one switch is there
    - No solenoid, but again they're available
    - Ball release assy is there except for the rocker arm itself...anybody have one they would sell me?
    - Attached are some photos

Yeah that is pretty stripped out.
    The T trough suggests it has 100 pt holes
    How is the ring ramp? and the sand bags?
    Is the coin mech working?

So you'll be looking for;

- Main controller
    - Light shield (display mounts on it)
    - score display (and baffle if you do not go with the Kahr replacement)
    - ball count display (and baffle if not included)
    - marquee (if you don't have one)
    - light sockets
    - topper (if you want one)
    - rocker arm
    - ball release solenoid
    - balls
    - maybe some new switches

LMK if you need some sources.

Skeeball Model S.pdfSkeeball Model S.pdf
    4 weeks later
    #680 2 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Found a Iceball forsale and I'm wondering if anyone knows if these are reliable machines? Anything I should check before purchasing?

Probably not the best to advise on Ice Ball as I have a Model S Skee. You should play it if you can, the ball advance is typically the main problem area for games. I think Ice Ball uses ball sensors instead of advancing 9 balls, but I could be wrong. Other than lighting there is not much to it. Look for cracks or physical damage to the targets and the troughs underneath. Target field should just lift up and out. Nets can be hard to replace if they are missing.
    Good luck with the purchase.

#687 2 years ago

I purchased some auto body bondo for just that reason but have not pursued the fix. Maybe a good winter project.

#692 2 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Keeping my eye out for an original skee ball. Preferably with the mechanical scoring though not 100% mandatory. So if I am in the right track here I think I am seeking a model s. What is the going price for a complete probably not completely working game? Just a range is all I am hoping for here. I understand theee are lots of variables. Ty

The mechanical flip number games were on the original Philadelphia Toboggan Skee Ball machines.
    Good luck trying to track one of them down, they seem to get parted out quickly on ePay.

I find that everywhere from Ohio and to the east is where the bulk of skees are found.
    You can search all of craigslist depending on how far you want to travel to get it. https://www.searchcraigslist.org/
    I got lucky that someone near me had the 13 foot Model S I was looking for. I was searching for a couple years.
    They tend to go quickly and depending upon what parts are missing and general condition prices can vary from $400-$2000.
    You just need to decide what it is worth to you.
    The correct balls will set you back if not there.

2 weeks later
    #720 2 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Similar to this one. The wire on it snapped, so assuming the switch itself is fine. Wasn't sure if that wire can be removed and replaced with something else, or would it be better to just replace that whole switch with a replacement.
    [quoted image]

https://twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=684

In my experience, attempts to replace the wire typically end in failure.
    It should be possible but a $3 switch is not worth an hour or two of my time.

3 weeks later
    #723 2 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

I've got a United Riviera (EM) is 100% complete but I haven't played it in some time, so needs som TLC. Currently not scoring strikes or spares, I just opened it up to see what I can see. There's a crack in the formica that does not effect the game play.

Strikes and spares scoring is often separate step up units.
    Good cleaning and a little lube.
    Assuming all the bulbs are good.

2 years later
    #1030 34 days ago
    Quoted from lint:

LateCenturyMods thanks for your input. I am starting to lose my mind on this one. New solenoid is in and it is still blowing the fuse after one or two successful pulls by acting like it is bound up somehow. The linkage all feels totally free when I actuate it. Could I have it in the wrong position on the lane? There are several screws but I have the plate in (temporarily) into the only spot that all four corner screw holes have a spot to screw into. Should the solenoid be pressed as far forward or backwards as possible or does it matter? Seems like something is just slightly out of alignment and that is causing it to not pull in for some reason.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Hey lint just catching up here.
    I am traveling this weekend but can take a look at mine when i get home mid week.

First thought is that those springs look to be in really good shape, are they new?
    I would try cycling the solenoid without the springs attached, and rest the position manually each time.
    If that works fine your spring selection may be wrong.
    Springs can be a PITA to get the right size and strength.

you only need enough strength to return the pawl to a standing position.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morinack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us?tu=Morinack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.