Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#500 4 years ago

Does anyone own a puck bowler? I used to play one when I was a kid, and have been looking for one for a few years, but I haven't run across any.

#504 4 years ago

It wasn't a bowler with pins, I should have stated it more clearly.

It was a ski ball game but the ball was a heavy metal puck. Waist high, you would slide the puck down a lane (not as long as a bowler lane), it would slide under a piece of curved glass than it was a normal ski ball target (circular rings). There was a piece of plastic on each circular hole, and when it made it in, the plastic would be pushed down (like a lever) that would score your points. Was analog, probably late 60's/early 70's?

I've never seen one to this day and would snap it up in a heartbeat.

#512 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

As far as I know Alex, your Skee Alley is the only light scoring Shuffle Target game.
    I'd have to say the first of Skee Ball shuffles..
    I had a couple Playboys, a Comet, and a few Venuses and still have a Kick-a-Poo, 5th Inning,
    and a Venus which I would sell or trade but I'm in Upstate N.Y.

I thinking the only 2 made in the 60s were Playboy (1961 I believe) and Kick-a-Poo
    from 1965 by Williams after they bought United.
    Either of these look familiar?[quoted image][quoted image]

It's really close to Kick a Poo - same concept, the one we played I think was a bit newer. Were there any that came out maybe in the 70's?

#516 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking Kick-a-Poo is the last machine made of its type, or at least
    the last EM of its type. Seems like there's not many around, but there may have been in the
    late 60s/early 70s.
    It's not really an attractive looking machine (or at least not to my eyes), but the reason I kept
    the Kick-a-Poo set up is because unlike the others, Kick-a-Poo has the option that if you shoot
    the puck in the center pocket, the player "Shoots Again". A huge plus for it's playability..
    Maybe this feature will spark a memory, but as far as I know, another of its kind hadn't been
    made after..

Maybe it is that one. I haven't seen it in 37 years, so my memory might be a bit off. But it is close.

Do they ever come up for sale?

#521 4 years ago

Why is it under the "United" name? Was that an offshoot of Williams?

8 months later
    #612 3 years ago

Looking for a Kick a Poo if anyone has one they want to move or has a lead. Thanks.

1 week later
    #619 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I had multiple of other Target Shuffles, but only know of two Kick-a-Poos.
    I'm thinkin' that one may take a little while to find..

I played one for years in Baraboo WI. Can't believe they are not sitting out there.

3 years later
    #992 3 months ago

Looking for a Kick a Poo if anyone has one they want to move or has a lead. Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us?tu=Methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.