Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

Here is my 1937 Wurlitzer Skee Ball and my 1950 United Skee Ball. Sadly the ball bowler has left. I miss that one a lot but it's hard to collect these things. They are huge.

SkeeBall (resized).jpgSkeeBall (resized).jpg

SkeeAlleyD (resized).jpgSkeeAlleyD (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I've thought about replacing my shuffleboard table with a skee-ball or big ball bowler.

I always though shuffleboard might be a waste of space when I started collecting coin-op. Lately I've been thinking it might be a lot of fun.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Welcome All! Great to see the level of interest! Alex, never knew there was a "Skee Alley" Neatto!! Great pictures!!
    George...

Yes, Skee Alley is the first version I believe of the Shuffle/Skee Ball crossover. United made a few other variations after. Here is one for sale in my hometown. I always wanted to buy something arcade related in my hometown, but I don't need another one.

madison.craigslist.org link

#16 7 years ago

That is a bummer Dan. I'm surprised it moved that fast. My area isn't exactly a hotbed of EM collectors.

#17 7 years ago

I used to have this one. I've missed a lot of the machines I've sold over the years but if you ask me if there is one I really regret this would be it. 1946 Premier Barrel Roll. There is a rotating barrel you need to hit to score 800 points. Super cool! I sold it to Jon Torrence in California. He had a website documenting the restoration (appears to be down). In it he made it sound a little like he was resurrecting the Titanic. ...but it did turn out super cool.

BarrelRollA (resized).jpgBarrelRollA (resized).jpg

1 year later
    #398 5 years ago

There was a Parker Bohn III shuffle bowler made by Betson around 2000. There are also some more modern ball bowlers.
    https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=13051

#400 5 years ago

Personally I'd rather have an old one but this would be cool if one had the space and a big budget.
    zoom-road-theme (resized).jpgzoom-road-theme (resized).jpg

#402 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Looks like maybe candle pin bowling pins. I wouldn't mind seeing a video of that be played..

1 year later
    #477 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

I had never seen a multi-player skee ball. I think if I ever found one of these as a nice project, I would have to figure out a way to make it fit.

Genco, Chicago Coin and Williams all made multi-player skee balls. Maybe other manufacturers as well. They are very cool but seem very tall.

#483 4 years ago

Philadelphia Toboggan made mechanical skee balls. 1940s-1970s I think?

2 weeks later
    #501 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Does anyone own a puck bowler? I used to play one when I was a kid, and have been looking for one for a few years, but I haven't run across any.

Sure, they turn up for sale all the time. Just depends on what era you want and if you want a project or not.
    I thought this one looked like a nice deal but almost 3 hours from you.
    wausau.craigslist.org link

#507 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It wasn't a bowler with pins, I should have stated it more clearly.
    It was a ski ball game but the ball was a heavy metal puck. Waist high, you would slide the puck down a lane (not as long as a bowler lane), it would slide under a piece of curved glass than it was a normal ski ball target (circular rings). There was a piece of plastic on each circular hole, and when it made it in, the plastic would be pushed down (like a lever) that would score your points. Was analog, probably late 60's/early 70's?
    I've never seen one to this day and would snap it up in a heartbeat.

I have the early version of that. Was a big hit last weekend with some kids that came over for my grandson's birthday. I found a sheet they made on their own to have a tournament.

They made some other variations later on. United Kickapoo and Venus, others. That's probably what you have in mind. There was a Venus for sale on Facebook not too long ago within driving distance.
    SkeeAlleyD (resized).jpgSkeeAlleyD (resized).jpg
    Venus (resized).jpgVenus (resized).jpg

#515 4 years ago
    Quoted from bbriese:

I have a few broken pins on a mid 1950's united chief shuffle bowler. These are the shorter 8-1/4" tall pins....not so easy to find. Any leads on individual pins or a full set is appreciated.

8.5" On Ebay.
    https://tinyurl.com/rf4qzry

5 months later
    #557 3 years ago

That is pretty cool. Never seen that one before.

#559 3 years ago

Square Amusements Roll-A-Ball is very similar but also different.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/bowl/rollaba.htm

I used to have a 1946 Premier Barrel Roll that I bought cheap. Sold it to well known collector, he did a nice restore (with some creative license), sold it to another guy and now is on Ebay for crazy money. Wish I'd have kept it now.

#561 3 years ago

I suspect the lane section disconnects from the head? That's how my Premier was.

2 months later
    #606 3 years ago

I just happened upon this on Craigslist and found it odd. Two different ads for essentially the same machine by two different manufacturers. Now I knew United made a Twin Shuffle Alley but never new Chicago Coin made the same thing with a different glass!? Or maybe it's just a conversion glass for the United game? Any ideas?
    chicago.craigslist.org link
    chicago.craigslist.org link

1 year later
    #710 2 years ago
    Quoted from PochuckValley:

I really want to make custom pucks per game.
    I have an old junky puck that needs some help. Shouldn’t be too difficult to do in photoshop.[quoted image]

Some of the older games had branded pucks. Here are a couple from my 1950 United Skee Alley. I think my Bowlette had pucks with a Bowlette graphic also.

SkeePucks (resized).jpgSkeePucks (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #911 1 year ago

I used old fishnet on my 1937 Wurlitzer. It worked pretty good and even has the right aging/look to it.

#913 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Wurlitzer? Interesting. Have any pics?

Here it is (same pic I posted on page one of this thread). It's obviously large and consumes a lot of space. I kind of got sick of it taking up so much room in my tiny game room. Had a few offers to buy it over the years but my wife is very attached to it. So rather than sell it, it's been folded up in storage for about a year.

Now my wife wants that storage area for her huge vintage Christmas collection. She had the crazy suggestion that we bring the skee ball upstairs and put it in our living room. So that is the plan for next weekend (hopefully).

1937Wurlitzer (resized).jpg1937Wurlitzer (resized).jpg
    #916 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Yea, I'd be attached to it also. It has much more character than the normal mechanical
    Skee Balls.
    I remember back in 2,009, Philadelphia Tabagoon made a limited amount of Skee Balls that
    looked similar to your Wurlitzer. I believe it replicated their 1939 model. It was in honor of their
    100th year making Skee Balls..

I can't remember the last time my wife rolled a ball down it but it's a hill she'll die on for whatever reason. Like you say I think she's in love with the character. It's even prettier from side the profile. Some friends own my previous one. Yes I've had two. And another friend that sold me this one has a pure mechanical version. Weird that three are within 50 miles of each other.

Yes, you see those Centennial models once in awhile. Very cool. It has design ques similar the my Wurlitzer. Specifically the scrolled front feet.

#919 1 year ago
    Quoted from big420atx:

^^^now i hate you even more...lol
    i have the centennial lane and it's cool and all. but it just doesn't have that character that yours does.

It came upstairs yesterday. My wife is trying to steal my whole gameroom vibe.

Uff, this damn thing weighs a ton. My back is killing me. Still needs a little work but at least it's set up again.

IMG_0389 (resized).jpgIMG_0389 (resized).jpgIMG_0390 (resized).jpgIMG_0390 (resized).jpgIMG_0391 (resized).jpgIMG_0391 (resized).jpg
    8 months later
    #951 7 months ago
    Quoted from PhCor6:

Hi Everyone, I just bought a late 1920s or early 1930s Target-Roll Jr Skee-Ball type game and wanted to know if anyone has one or any info on this game.
    Thank you very much.
    [quoted image]

That thing is sweet! Love these early skee balls. Never seen this variation. Definitely could use some new carpet though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us?tu=AlexF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.