Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,038 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005618570 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005622583 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005628845 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240301_005611933 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4272 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.10.08?AM (resized).png
    IMG_6344 (resized).jpeg
    triacs (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240127_202029029 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240126_015737079 (resized).jpg

There are 1,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.
    #351 5 years ago

My cousin lives in Ellijay GA and is anxious to buy a skee ball game. Anybody in the area have one for sale? He'd need it delivered and setup too.

Thanks.

Hogey

#352 5 years ago
    Quoted from dropdeadhippie:

Love all these cool games in this thread.
    I’m super excited, tomorrow I pick up a 1955 United Venus shuffle skee! Not quite sure how it will fit in my basement height wise but I’ll figure something out

Yup - we always figure it out somehow! Things are kinda crowded here but I'm picking up an Alien Poker this morning. Congratulations on your new acquisition!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my replacement display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#353 5 years ago

super excited, tomorrow I pick up a 1955 United Venus shuffle skee!
    One of these came up for sale a couple of years ago. I didn't buy it because I didn't have the room. I have regretted it ever since.
    Good luck with new game

2 months later
    #354 5 years ago

Alley Cat project I picked up a few months ago and finally got around to looking into why it wouldn't turn on:
    1) Batteries leaked all over the CPU board
    2) Wouldn't turn on at all (I tested the on / off switch connector in the back of the game and was never getting continuity)
    3) Couldn't slide out the alley because someone had wood screwed the alley to every cross member of the base.

Once I got the under board off and removed the 12 wood screws I discovered that at some point this alley had an unwelcome house guest with a taste for wires. Does anybody have a suggestion for where I can pick up some harness sized wire to start filling in the gaps ?

IMG_20180829_140946 (resized).JPGIMG_20180829_140946 (resized).JPGIMG_20180829_140953 (resized).JPGIMG_20180829_140953 (resized).JPG
    #355 5 years ago

New pups first time down the basement. Dude loved watching skee ball.

1 week later
    #356 5 years ago

I got this picture from a customer who installed my replacement LED display boards for Skee Ball machines and I thought it was such a cool setup that I got his permission to post the photo. This is a trailer outfitted with 8 skee balls machines that travels to carnivals. I don't know if the lanes fold up or disconnect, but I'm sure the overhang folds down for simple packing. It had to be incredibly frustrating trying to keep those mini bulbs in the displays on these mobile machines. He's happy with the new displays and I'm really proud they helped him keep this trailer in service!

Cool Skee Ball TrailerCool Skee Ball Trailer

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for replacement LED display boards for Model H and Model S Skee Ball

#357 5 years ago

hey that is awesome man. congrats on making your dream a reality.

#358 5 years ago

GPS has a club and I didn't post in it?...here's mine. 1966 United Encore

100_2821 (resized).JPG100_2821 (resized).JPGScreenshot at 2018-09-10 04-27-34 (resized).pngScreenshot at 2018-09-10 04-27-34 (resized).png
    #359 5 years ago

Yeah that whole trailer folds up. If I remember right the lanes are cut and are not standard and a section of the cork where the fold happens is not glued down to allow it to fold. Bottom and top are on hydraulics and the whole thing takes minuets to open and close.

#360 5 years ago

I have a 1967 United Skippy that had a 10c slot for play. Re-designed the display card to indicate free play. As it turned out, there was a pre-drilled hole for a switch right under the 10 Cents Per Play window, so I added a button and leaf switch inside the box, making it entirely free play. The tacky gold printed card gone forever. I also added some color and a United logo for giggles.
    _3018685 (resized).JPG_3018685 (resized).JPG

#361 5 years ago

I've been informed that on letgo, (?), there's a Skee-Ball in Canandaigua, N.Y.
    for $200.00 I like the mechanical ones. This one I believe is not, but sounds
    like it could be a good buy for someone..

#362 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I've been informed that on letgo, (?), there's a Skee-Ball in Canandaigua, N.Y.
    for $200.00 I like the mechanical ones. This one I believe is not, but sounds
    like it could be a good buy for someone..

Too far away for me but I would if it was closer
    https://us.letgo.com/en/i/skee-ball-machine_fd0185c4-c009-4648-8ec3-72870acddbe9

#363 5 years ago

Yea, doesn't look too bad at all. The pocket rings are worth what they're asking.
    I wish there were more pics. I was surprise to see the balls don't return at the lower
    portion of the right rail..

#364 5 years ago

Guys price on a united strike zone? Works and in good shape. I wanna sell it buy have no idea where to price. I’ll attach pics

71374A9A-4AFA-4B11-A8F7-7E314F699043 (resized).jpeg71374A9A-4AFA-4B11-A8F7-7E314F699043 (resized).jpeg7E30BB9A-3693-44EF-BE78-5814F7D0CA55 (resized).jpeg7E30BB9A-3693-44EF-BE78-5814F7D0CA55 (resized).jpegB967593F-9871-4BD6-9201-533AFFFB97A0 (resized).jpegB967593F-9871-4BD6-9201-533AFFFB97A0 (resized).jpeg
    #365 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Yea, doesn't look too bad at all. The pocket rings are worth what they're asking.
    I wish there were more pics. I was surprise to see the balls don't return at the lower
    portion of the right rail..

They do, it's just the angle of the picture and the seller didn't capture the end of the machine.

#366 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Guys price on a united strike zone? Works and in good shape. I wanna sell it buy have no idea where to price. I’ll attach pics

$20 and I'll pick it up this weekend

There is one on Ebay for $1,200: ebay.com link: Vintage Williams Strike Zone Shuffle Bowling Arcade Machine Game Working Nice

I bought my non working Alley Cats for $200. Maybe 900-1,200 (totally a guess) ? The trick is finding someone that wants to give up that much space.

#367 5 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I have a 1967 United Skippy that had a 10c slot for play. Re-designed the display card to indicate free play. As it turned out, there was a pre-drilled hole for a switch right under the 10 Cents Per Play window, so I added a button and leaf switch inside the box, making it entirely free play. The tacky gold printed card gone forever. I also added some color and a United logo for giggles.
    [quoted image]

Nice work!

#368 5 years ago

Just picked up an old model E machine that is in need of some love and looking for all available resources! No lights or scoreboard, also missing the marquee. Finding it difficult to track down parts for this guy so I'm debating whether to make it a little more modern by switching to S or H parts or just going straight modern. Anyone know of a good resource to keep it original or ideas on the other routes?

20180915_161343 (resized).jpg20180915_161343 (resized).jpg20180915_185702 (resized).jpg20180915_185702 (resized).jpg20180916_070803 (resized).jpg20180916_070803 (resized).jpg20180916_070931 (resized).jpg20180916_070931 (resized).jpg
    #370 5 years ago

i have a williams strikemaster and spare set league champ roms, marquee and trans light. plays both with a quick swap. league champ is about the same
    game but has the beer round in it is all.

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

i have a williams strikemaster and spare set league champ roms, marquee and trans light. plays both with a quick swap. league champ is about the same
    game but has the beer round in it is all.

I'm looking for a strikemaster pinhood display plastic. Is this what you have?

#372 5 years ago

Ya a marquee. Try PPS. I know they had the league champ ones, not sure about strikemaster. Very simmilar.

#373 5 years ago
    Quoted from SharkDoc:

Just picked up an old model E machine that is in need of some love and looking for all available resources! No lights or scoreboard, also missing the marquee. Finding it difficult to track down parts for this guy so I'm debating whether to make it a little more modern by switching to S or H parts or just going straight modern. Anyone know of a good resource to keep it original or ideas on the other routes?
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey congrats on the lane. Im glad someone out there in Florida scooped it up. It was forsale so long I thought it was trashed by now.

As far as the lane goes I would just keep it as is for now. I have parts galore if you are in the market. But they will add up after a bit so it is on you for how far you want to go with the restoration. Either way I have everything you need to make that baby sparkle..

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from SharkDoc:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! I've never even come across a Model E before. However, I've owned 2 Model H machinces, and have a 4-player Model S CPU, display, and marquee. The Model S parts plugged into the Model H harnesses without any modification and worked perfectly. Hopefully you'll be able to do the same by installing Model H/S parts in your Model E. All the love that machine needs won't come cheap, hope you picked that sucker up for a song!

Also, if the lane isn't too beat up, it should clean up nicely with some Taski Profi.

#375 5 years ago

I picked up my rolled-cork carpeting from Bangor Cork in PA (only live 25 miles from the mfg). when I restored my lane (before and after pics). It's a little older than yours so not sure what material your lane actually is... once it's done, it's the hit of the party.

After_Skee_Ball (resized).jpgAfter_Skee_Ball (resized).jpgBefore_Skee_Ball (resized).jpgBefore_Skee_Ball (resized).jpg
    #376 5 years ago

Yeah I picked her up for $100 with 6 balls so I figured that was worth it. I think I'm gonna have to go your route smohr, my lane is pretty beat up. I was looking an bangor's prices and they weren't horrible. Which color did you go with? Can anyone get me sizes on the legs? I was planning on setting up metal legs for the machine which I think I read sit at 16" but I don't have any information on the legs for the lane.

#377 5 years ago

I paid $100 for my project also. My legs are at almost 16". Agreed, the prices weren't horrible (compared to some others). I do clean the balls and score rings at times due to some carpet dye. Here is what I ordered, also just a note, Mopar gave me some advice on gluing the ramp area, I used a contact cement for that and then the rest of the lane I used the adhesive listed below.

Item - PRODUCT
    #1- colored cork sheet 1/4" Colored Cork Sheets
    Cork Color: Hot Salsa BC-6 (2210)
    Size: 12" x 36"
    Qty: 2

#2- colored cork sheet 1/4" Colored Cork Sheets
    Size: 36" x 48"
    Qty: 1

#3- Colored Cork Roll, Cut to Length 24" x 1/4"
    Roll Length: 11 lineal ft

#4- Adhesive Adhesive - L910W
    Adhesive Containers: L910W-1Gal
    Qty: 1

#378 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks! I was wonder how the hot salsa looked, seemed too bright, but I guess not. How high are the front legs on the lane? Just found a good looking model S or H project in W. Palm for $50 on facebook if anyone wants it. Trying to get him to part out the balls and marquee for me but we will see

#379 5 years ago
    Quoted from SharkDoc:

Awesome, thanks! I was wonder how the hot salsa looked, seemed too bright, but I guess not. How high are the front legs on the lane? Just found a good looking model S or H project in W. Palm for $50 on facebook if anyone wants it. Trying to get him to part out the balls and marquee for me but we will see

For $50, buy the whole thing!

#380 5 years ago

Ha, if it wouldn't cost me 200 to bring across the state I would!

#381 5 years ago

Front legs on my lane is 9". Below is a bill of materials I kept during the restoration with reference notes. Maybe add another $100 to this list for additional parts I replaced (not really needed, NOS, just being anal).

Skee Ball Restoration

Description Cost Notes
    Vintage Mechanical Skee Ball 100

Materials
    Foam Sheets (9x12 6mm) used for shoot padding 16.87
    Wooden Skee Balls (9) from Craftparts Direct 47.85 (3" natural hardwood then stained)
    Ring Ball Deflectors (4) from Wizrd Amusement 11.9
    3 1/2 by 1/2 bolts with nuts (2 each) 2.29 (connect head to lane)
    Braided Guide Cable (1/16th" by 20ft) 6.76 (ball return cable)
    Oak Wooden Poles (2 pcs, 1 1/4" by 36") 15.98 (rear legs)
    Flush clamp (ball return cable nut) 2.58
    aluminum stock test 12.48 (used to figure out how to bend square stock without kinking)
    2 pieces 1" by 1" aluminum sq. tube 8ft (lowes) 42.27 (netting frame)
    EMT Conduit (1/2"x 10ft) 2.75 (bottom portion of metal net frame that's inside the gray material)
    Wood Underlayment for rail tops 9.98
    SS Screw 4.65
    SS Washers 3.51
    Steel Rod 1/4" x 72" (2) 11.16 (used to make frame for top netting)
    Rubber Insulated Clamps (pkg 4) 3.36 (used to secure top netting to side netting frame)
    Sheet Metal Screws (pkg 4) 1.18
    CordMate Channel-White C#10 (4 pcs) 19.92 (used to secure the netting to metal frame top and front)
    Netting #36 Nylon White 1 7/8 (NetsforUs 11ft x 6ft) 45
    Cork Playfield (Bangor Cork, Hot Salsa 270
    Bentley twill gray (Joann Fabrics 1 yard) 15.9

Cleaning Supplies
    Eazy-Off oven cleaner used to remove top layer of paint on score cover 7.05

Cost 653.44

BOM (resized).pngBOM (resized).png
    #382 5 years ago

wow smohr, I'd be scared to keep that spreadsheet around because then my wife would know exactly how much I spent on this $100 machine! Then I'd never get anything else. Great details though. Gonna order the cork this week and start on the outside restoration first. Then try and get the wiring figured out. Really need a new marquee though if anyone has one.

#383 5 years ago

lol… yes I hear ya, I stretched the project out over 6 months like I did and had it ready for our annual xmas party, she saw that everyone enjoyed it so she was fine with that...

#384 5 years ago
    Quoted from big420atx:

Hey congrats on the lane. Im glad someone out there in Florida scooped it up. It was forsale so long I thought it was trashed by now.
    As far as the lane goes I would just keep it as is for now. I have parts galore if you are in the market. But they will add up after a bit so it is on you for how far you want to go with the restoration. Either way I have everything you need to make that baby sparkle..

Hey I sent you a pm trying to track down some parts! Let me know if you have them

#385 5 years ago

Looking at getting a skee ball. Would prefer to be 9 feet
    Are there any new ones priced at under 1k that would be worth buying? Saw one on Amazon for $849 that looks like a real arcade style, obviously it's shorter and lighter, but reviews are not very detailed.
    I know anything in that price range won't be exactly like one from an arcade but the primary users would be my two girls, 5 and 2. Right now they need a stool to play anything in our game room, we have 2 pinballs, a basketball game, a multicade and rebound shuffleboard. Thought it would be nice to get something that they can play without having to be on a stool.

Edited to add a link to the skee ball I am looking at

https://www.amazon.com/Playcraft-Bulls-Eye-Ball-Deluxe-Style-Table/dp/B076XHHQ5Z/ref=mp_s_a_1_12

#386 5 years ago

I finally found a used Ice Ball for a decent price. It's a 2007, had some quirky issues that frustrated the operator and I got it out of his warehouse for $700. It took me awhile to troubleshoot the issues but ICE has a great tech support group.

I can't stand the name Ice Ball so I re-themed it as a Rollerball and had a sign company make up my alternative transight. I found the artwork and instructed them on what I wanted. - Please note how I also changed, Ball Count to "Body Count".

Fantastic addition to a game room. - Sorry about the bad pictures and I'm still tweaking the lighting.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #387 5 years ago
    Quoted from SharkDoc:

I did the same, picked up a model H that had seen better days with broken electronics, and created a software suite for it. Runs off a PC with a tv mounted in the top box.

Feel free to reach out to me on BYOAC if interested in the software or to talk about conversion: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156300.0.html (A link to my cabinet thread is there as well).

#388 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

GPS has a club and I didn't post in it?...here's mine. 1966 United Encore
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Another Encore owner! Here I thought I was alone in this world.

#389 5 years ago

Hey guys I have a Model S Skee Ball that keeps popping the F-1 fuse. I was trying to wire up a credit switch when the green and red wires on the old coin mech wire harness touched each other when the game was on. Checked the fuse and replaced it, however when you plug it in, the fuse pops. The display doesn't light up but the three flashers at the top stay steadily lit. Obviously when the wires touched it shorted something out on the board but any ideas where to start? I did check the the other two fuses on the board and they are ok, the 1 and 2 amp ones. Its the 10 amp fuse that is blowing.

#390 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

Hey guys I have a Model S Skee Ball that keeps popping the F-1 fuse. I was trying to wire up a credit switch when the green and red wires on the old coin mech wire harness touched each other when the game was on. Checked the fuse and replaced it, however when you plug it in, the fuse pops. The display doesn't light up but the three flashers at the top stay steadily lit. Obviously when the wires touched it shorted something out on the board but any ideas where to start? I did check the the other two fuses on the board and they are ok, the 1 and 2 amp ones. Its the 10 amp fuse that is blowing.

The AGC10 fuse protects the 12 volt supply. It's still shorted somewhere -- check the harnesses for the coin door and ticket dispenser first; the logic board and display also get 12 volts but damaged harnesses in the front of the game are much more likely.

#391 5 years ago

Does anyone know the value of a 75" Skee Ball machine. I couldn't find much info about these small models other than they didn't seem to make many. I've always wanted a Skee Ball machine but I don't have room for a 10 or 13 footer and my daughter would love the smaller size.
    rochester.craigslist.org link

Also this may be a deal for someone:
    elmira.craigslist.org link

#392 5 years ago
    Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

The AGC10 fuse protects the 12 volt supply. It's still shorted somewhere -- check the harnesses for the coin door and ticket dispenser first; the logic board and display also get 12 volts but damaged harnesses in the front of the game are much more likely.

I actually isolated just the board and the display and the resistor next to the big capacitor gets very hot

#393 5 years ago

A friend of mine recently picked up a few baytec basket fever games and unfortunately, while transporting them, all of the marquees were lost

Would anyone here know of anyone that might have a few replacements? I know baytec sells replacements, but at $250 a piece that isn't really an option.

If we can't find replacements, we'd be willing to try to cobble something together but would need decent pictures of the front and back of the marquee. So, if you happen to own one of the basket fevers and could take a few pictures of the marquee for me, that would be great.

#394 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

I actually isolated just the board and the display and the resistor next to the big capacitor gets very hot

Is that the 10ohm 15W resistor on the power supply? Check the small bridge rectifier (4 pins in a row). It does fail now and again and may take out the 7805 also.

#395 5 years ago

So if I'm in the market for a SkeeBall, what should I expect to pay for something in really good condition and where would one look? I've looked at new ones, but damn, those buggers are expensive.

#396 5 years ago

Do they make NIB shuffle bowling anymore? My brother wants to buy one ,but I didn't find anything,when I searched for one.
    He's okay with a nice used one,I was just curious if they still made them.
    Thanks in advance

#397 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Do they make NIB shuffle bowling anymore? My brother wants to buy one ,but I didn't find anything,when I searched for one.
    He's okay with a nice used one,I was just curious if they still made them.
    Thanks in advance

Interesting question. I thought everybody kind of stopped making them by the mid/late 80s, with Williams being the last manufacturer making them in the early 90s on the WPC system. I didn't really see anything newer than that.

#398 5 years ago

There was a Parker Bohn III shuffle bowler made by Betson around 2000. There are also some more modern ball bowlers.
    https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=13051

#399 5 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

There was a Parker Bohn III shuffle bowler made by Betson around 2000. There are also some more modern ball bowlers.
    https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=13051

Yes, there are a few bowlers with a ball, but I can't recall any recent shuffle alleys with a puck. I assumed he was looking for a shuffle alley with a puck.

Which one are you actually looking for? Games with a puck or a ball?

The most recent ball bowler is I've seen is Lane Master, which has a big digital screen and no physical pins--you just roll the ball down the lane into a rectangular cubby hole.

http://www.universal-space.com/games/lane-master/

#400 5 years ago

Personally I'd rather have an old one but this would be cool if one had the space and a big budget.
    zoom-road-theme (resized).jpgzoom-road-theme (resized).jpg

There are 1,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/8?hl=felixtcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.