Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Hey NJ
    You may have already seen this but I found it on the web. It at a minimum gives an idea what the machine should look like

Yeah, I saw that from the flyer and it does help but I wish I had a little better side view. I'm going to try and sand back the black paint real slow and see if I can get an idea of what's underneath but I'm not holding my breath.

#52 7 years ago

Hey NJ,

OK, good luck. I wish that you find the artwork. As I said I was lucky that my machine appeared to be just painted over and so the original was still there. It did not appear to have been sanded. I wish the same for you. Having the artwork look as nice as possible was a major desire of mine. My toys have to look nice. Good luck.

G

#53 7 years ago

I went in a different direction, and bought a newer version of skeeball. Big hit with non-pinheads that come over.

IMG_3302 (resized).JPGIMG_3302 (resized).JPG

IMG_3304 (resized).JPGIMG_3304 (resized).JPG

#54 7 years ago

Your gameroom looks like the gameroom at my local bowling alley. Very modern. Looks nice!! Did you buy the skee ball new or from another? Mind letting us know what the cost was. Just want to reconcile in my head what the new is costing versus the older versions like the model H that I wanted. Like the carpet too. Nice touch

#55 7 years ago

Well I am a happy boy today. Hot the CPU board back from Clive at The Coinop Cauldron and I now have working sound.

Game was supposed to be working 100% when I got it and I trusted which takenit from me, don't do. The CPU board had a fair amount of alkaline damage on it and to my naked eye the board looked good. I was smart enough to look at the CPU board when I got the machine and it appeared ok. Wrong answer. It was not. Corrosion had been there for a while and the actual pins on two of the ic's had corroded to the point that they were no longer connected. Hmmm. My fault I did not check it out more thoroughly upon purchase. I have made this error before and swore I wouldn't again but I'm a trusting guy. Or should I say a foolish guy??

Anyway I trusted the seller who is an op south of Pittsburgh that the game was working completely. Well it's fixed and now it notbonly works like it should, it looks pretty damn good. Probably not a concours restoration but I would hesitate to have it in my living room.

Also as I think I said before was able to find a nos motor for the pin reset. Found out that there were two that this alley used. Actually the picture that is in the manual is not what isnin the game but a different motor. Found the one that is mentioned in the manual and scooped it up as if the motor dies that can be very problematic. Most of the other stuff can be addressed. Clive also went ahead and replaced all the capacitors on the CPU board as he commented that they were all dried out. Great!! Now with the CPU board gone over and the power supply board gone over bane should be in good shape for a while.

Can you just imagine if the on board battery holder was never placed on CPU boards how much headache that would have saved so many of us? Anyway, have an off board holder now so that should not be an issue going forward.

What's going on with the others out there? For those of you with a skee ball, can you advise what the shortest section of the game is. Like on a model that has the gen foot alley, what is the longest part of the game? Trying to see if I could still get onenin my basement. Gonna be tight if I do. Also what the width is if the head portion of the game. I am doubtful but I figure cannot hurt to ask. The only way I was able to get the Alley Cats down was to completely take it apart. Legs, coinbox and of course Backbox. Anything that could come apart did and I was able to sneak it down. Something tell me a skee ball is going to be much more unlikely

Anyway, just thiught I would chime in with the good news that my CPU board is back and now 100%. By the way, I cannot give enough good comments To clive. He runs his board repair business like a business. Excellent communication, offers express device for an additional modest fee and returns a working product. Thank you Clive

G

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Your gameroom looks like the gameroom at my local bowling alley. Very modern. Looks nice!! Did you buy the skee ball new or from another? Mind letting us know what the cost was. Just want to reconcile in my head what the new is costing versus the older versions like the model H that I wanted. Like the carpet too. Nice touch

I bought it new, it cost me $5,900. I have a modern theme in my room, so I needed something different. I have a lot of neon, lighting effects and fog machines so it works in my settings. Only thing I don't like is the unbalanced scoring. The two corners are worth 10,000 and the other shots are 5,000 or less so my wife and I just bang away trying to hit the 10,000 over and over again. Still a lot of fun.

#57 7 years ago

Quite the investment no doubt but neat. Makes me feel even that much sadder that I'm not able to get onenin my basement as th one I was able to find locally, a model H, I could have had for $800 and it was in nice shape. Game room looks very nice. Sounds like you put a lot of work into it. Good for you!

#58 7 years ago

Other news skeeball was bought by baytek. I bought the game from baytek.

#59 7 years ago

Hello Jorge

We discussed this earlier in the thread. There was some concern that they may not be supporting the more vintage games but this concern seems to have been addressed. What has your experience with Bay Tek been? Ive heard some things!!

Thank you

G

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Hello Jorge
    We discussed this earlier in the thread. There was some concern that they may not be supporting the more vintage games but this concern seems to have been addressed. What has your experience with Bay Tek been? Ive heard some things!!
    Thank you
    G

Baytec for me has been fine. I had one issue when I got the game and they took care of it quickly. Game build is ok. Actuall game build for HUO is fine but for commercial use I would be concerned. Just doesn't feel as sturdy as older skeeballs I have played.

#61 7 years ago

This usbhe kind of information that is really helpful to have. Thank you!! I continue to wish I had room!!

#62 7 years ago

I've been looking to buy a skeeball machine of some sort for my soon to be game room. What are the average price ranges? I know new is in the 2-5 thousand range but I'm looking for something on the cheap! Any help or info would be great. Located in Texas.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I've been looking to buy a skeeball machine of some sort for my soon to be game room. What are the average price ranges? I know new is in the 2-5 thousand range but I'm looking for something on the cheap! Any help or info would be great. Located in Texas.

Model H... Typical price is about $1000. But if you want to hunt they can be had for cheaper. I bought 2 for a total of $200 five years ago. If you're picky, make sure the balls are in good shape. Original wooden balls can get pricey...

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Jorge5240 advised that his new skee ball from Bay Tek was over $5k just FYI

G

#65 7 years ago

I have this 4 player kit. It's a model S CPU, but plays fine in my model H. Game uses 3 balls. Each player rolls 3 turns of 3 balls each per game. Completely different sounds. It was fun when I had kids in the house, but I've since switched my machine back to the single player model H.

1213161721 (resized).jpg1213161721 (resized).jpg

#66 7 years ago

Just picked this up

19570 (resized).jpeg19570 (resized).jpeg

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

Just picked this up

What model game is this? Looks like a very short machine?? Reason I say is maybe I could fit this in my basement?? Looks like there is a screen above Is this for scoring? Other uses?? Never seen a skee ball this short!

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

I have this 4 player kit. It's a model S CPU, but plays fine in my model H. Game uses 3 balls. Each player rolls 3 turns of 3 balls each per game. Completely different sounds. It was fun when I had kids in the house, but I've since switched my machine back to the single player model H.

Love the look of that glass!! Just takes me back!!

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Of the newer versions, I played this at an auction and it was fun with the trash talking alien:

Not many good vids of it online. Dunk N Alien.

#70 7 years ago

Agent

The link does not seem to work??
    G

#71 7 years ago

Member of the club with a Williams Tic Tac Strike. Definitely shoehorned into my basement.

Also, if anyone is looking I have a pinscore display set suitable for a Williams 3-7 shuffle bowler that I would sell.

#72 7 years ago

Welcome ej

Glad to know I'm not the only one out there with a bowler shoe horned into their basement. Did you have to take your completely apart? Mine had to come totally apart. 6 pieces I recall. Had the coin box not been able to be removed it would not have happened.

G

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Of the newer versions, I played this at an auction and it was fun with the trash talking alien:
    » YouTube video
    Not many good vids of it online. Dunk N Alien.

I seem to recall playing something like this at chuckle cheese when my children were younger. Cute. Antagonistic enough to keep getting the customer tomoop quarters in. Smart!!

#74 7 years ago

Glad to stumble on this topic. I have a Skeeball Extreme model, just moved recently and unfortunately there is no way to get it to the basement with the pins. Luckily, it made it into my sons playroom, so I'm keeping it.

Question I have, how difficult or whats entailed in replacing the lane? On the model I have, it's a rubber type lane and on the incline up, it's separating so it doesn't play quite right. I'm thinking it probably needs to be removed and replaced but don't know where to start. Thanks for any tips.

#75 7 years ago

Anyone with a skee ball have to do this and can provider some direction please?

Thank you

G

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

I seem to recall playing something like this at chuckle cheese when my children were younger. Cute. Antagonistic enough to keep getting the customer tomoop quarters in. Smart!!

I'd prefer the traditional S model Skeeball like what I played as a kid at Showbiz Pizza, but just threw it out there as another option for an all-ages crowd.

#77 7 years ago

Here's a link to my thread documenting the restoration* i did on a 1965 CC Preview ball bowler.

* Not an authentic restoration - i changed up the colors a bit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1965-cc-preview-ball-bowler-restoration

#78 7 years ago

Thanks Vegas. Appreciate the link

#79 7 years ago

I'm almost positive the newer Skee Balls have cork on their lanes also.
    I recently learned that the cork can still be purchased through Penn@ Skee Ball.
    The number is (920)822-3951 I talked with Ryan.
    The first time I replaced the cork on a Skee Ball (it was a mechanical), I used
    the glue used for putting lynolium down on floors, which worked perfect because unlike
    Contact Cement, the cork is still moveable for fine adjustment when first placed
    down, but later, I found out that when the ball traveled toward the end and up the
    ramp, it didn't launch properly. Kinda like too flat. So I had to (as careful as I could)
    lift the last couple feet or so of the cork (from the very end to a few inches before
    the beginning of the ramp) and heat and scrap off the flooring glue and apply Contact Cement.
    Replacing the flooring glue with the thinner Contact Cement did the trick.
    So the next Skee Ball lane that I did, I sized up the cork, marked the bottom of the cork toward the
    end where I wanted to start putting the Contact Cement, and also marked the bare lane section.
    I put down the Contact Cement to both surfaces and while that was drying (dry to the touch)
    I applied the flooring glue (with a toothed trowel) on the rest of the lane's bare surface. When the
    Contact Cement was dry to the touch, I lined up the front of the cork with the front of the lane (a friend
    helped) and laid it carefully down with out letting the contact cement portions touching until it was perfectly where
    it should be up to that point, then laid down the last couple ft. or so where the Contact Cement was..
    The cork sent was 3 or 4" longer than needed which I cut off at the ramp end after the glues had dried..
    Sorry if it took time explaining this, but wanted to point out the problem I had using the flooring glue at the
    ramp's end, and not the Contact Cement. The old original cork on the machines that I restored was still
    applied to the surface pretty strongly, so I used a heat gun and putty knife to help take off the old cork
    and glue.. (T)

1 week later
    #80 7 years ago

I'm in....Here is my model s. Picked it up a few years ago for $200.00. I stole it. She was pretty dirty, sitting in a old warehouse collecting dust. Cleaned up pretty nice.

Here is a link to the before and afters.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-know-its-not-pinball-but#post

IMG_20161223_204658754 (resized).jpgIMG_20161223_204658754 (resized).jpg

#81 7 years ago

Nice job 5280. Would love to make a find like you did!! Enjoyed the process of seeing it cleaned up. Heck th balls alone are worth what you paid for the machine. Nice, very nice!

#82 7 years ago

May I join?
    The 16 ft. 1964 CC Majestic that barely fit down the steps to the basement is an absolute hit with friends and family. In the case of a ball bowler," size really matters" ; in my humble opinion. Anything smaller and it is just too easy. In retrospect , I would have gone 20 ft. , but not complaining!

IMG_0134 (resized).JPGIMG_0134 (resized).JPG

#83 7 years ago

IMG_0133.JPGIMG_0133.JPG

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

May I join?
    The 16 ft. 1964 CC Majestic that barely fit down the steps to the basement is an absolute hit with friends and family. In the case of a ball bowler," size really matters" ; in my humble opinion. Anything smaller and it is just too easy. In retrospect , I would have gone 20 ft. , but not complaining!

WOW! I want one! For the past 10+ years, I've wanted an 18ft or longer shuffleboard table...this thread has be curious about finding a ball bowler / shuffle bowler! Fantastic

#85 7 years ago

Little bit of everything on this thread: Bally ball bowler, United 1953 and 1963 vintage puck bowlers, SMARTBALL skee ball.
    bowlers01 (resized).jpgbowlers01 (resized).jpg

#86 7 years ago

Just picked this up.

19570 (resized).jpeg19570 (resized).jpeg

19539 (resized).jpeg19539 (resized).jpeg

#87 7 years ago

Beer ball? That's pretty cool. Never seen one of those before.

#88 7 years ago

That's a nice original 14' Bally ABC..

#89 7 years ago

I can ad to this thread. A couple years ago, a Friend asked about putting some machines in his Restaurant, so
    from front to tail, I restored an United Ball Bowler. Dozens of hours put into this machine. When first started,
    it was 100% black with a square pin hood and bad backglass. Put it back to original. The little girl in the pic
    was the first to play the machine (of course for free)..
    After a few months, the balls kept up missing (tourist town), so replaced it with a Williams Kick-a-Poo.
    Also restored a mechanical Skee Ball. The Skee Ball gets played the most..

IMG_0771 (resized).JPGIMG_0771 (resized).JPG

IMG_0770 (resized).JPGIMG_0770 (resized).JPG

IMG_0590 (resized).JPGIMG_0590 (resized).JPG

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

May I join?

Absolutely and welcome. Your ball bowler is gorgeous! I only wish I had the real estate for one. Welcome!

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Little bit of everything on this thread: Bally ball bowler, United 1953 and 1963 vintage puck bowlers, SMARTBALL skee ball.

You've got it going on no doubt!!

#92 7 years ago

Can somebody post a picture of their Skeeball Single Ball Assembly? Mine isn't working and I'm not sure if it's due to the solenoid or something mechanical with the assembly. The black metal release arm is zip tied to a bracket and I don't know if this is correct...

Unfortunately, the manual does not have a clear picture of the assembly.

Here's a video I took showing what I mean. I detached one end of the release arm from the solenoid just to see how far the solenoid arm travels.

Thanks,
    -Doug

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#93 7 years ago

Here's an oldie for you guys. Tournament Ski-Bowl from Chicago Coin

P8163889 (2) (resized).JPGP8163889 (2) (resized).JPG
    P8163892 (2) (resized).JPGP8163892 (2) (resized).JPG
    P8163894 (2) (resized).JPGP8163894 (2) (resized).JPG
    P8163893 (2) (resized).JPGP8163893 (2) (resized).JPG

#94 7 years ago

Nice EM Skee Ball. Great Shape too..
    I had a couple by Bally, Bank-a-Ball I believe, but only a 2 Player.
    Still have a 2 Player "Official Skill Ball" by Genco that I need to go through..

#95 7 years ago

Thanks Mopar. Fixed it up for a guy here in town. Has some really fun features. Most expensive part was buying new wood balls (the good ones) and recorking the whole game. You can't really see it, but there is new clear plastic on top of that metal frame, the way it suppose to be. Pretty durable stuff too, so it shouldn't break! Other than that, the mechanics worked really well after I got the stepper units going on it. It scores really fast! Love those score reels!

But this one is my favorite that I restored for the guy! Can't believe he's selling it....wish I had the room!
    omaha.craigslist.org link

#96 7 years ago

Dang - I wish I were a little closer to that bowler!!!

#97 7 years ago

Make that double for me! Beautiful looking bowler andnpriced right!!

#98 7 years ago

Yes, that Bally is in nice shape and worth all that he's asking..
    I actually have quite a few Ball Bowlers including both 11 and 14' Ballys
    and not familiar with that small grey box in the front of the machine near
    the coin door. Is that a start up (free play) switch?
    Oh yes, that Bally is a responsive scorer also.. (T)

1 week later
    #99 7 years ago

Hey guys, just finished restoring this 1955 United Capitol Shuffle alley. Really cool to see all the nice machines in this thread.

IMG_20161224_190718083 (resized).jpgIMG_20161224_190718083 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161228_215532369 (resized).jpgIMG_20161228_215532369 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161227_142418786_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20161227_142418786_HDR (resized).jpg

#100 7 years ago

Beautiful work, it turned out great. Also looks good in that room - nice setup!

There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/2?hl=jaymach1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.