Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 22.
    #851 1 year ago

Well, getting there…Not perfect but not too bad!

69123406-F02B-4DF0-AEA5-8F20BFBE6252 (resized).jpeg69123406-F02B-4DF0-AEA5-8F20BFBE6252 (resized).jpeg9FB55D7E-6661-449B-9328-B4E5FE83DAE7 (resized).jpeg9FB55D7E-6661-449B-9328-B4E5FE83DAE7 (resized).jpeg
    #852 1 year ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Anyone have an extra coin door for a model S skee ball?
    [quoted image]

I made contact with another in the affliction. He is checking to see what might be avail. I’ll let you know when he gets back. No promises but he has found me many spares for my old machine

#853 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

I made contact with another in the affliction. He is checking to see what might be avail. I’ll let you know when he gets back. No promises but he has found me many spares for my old machine

That'd be awesome! It's all just cosmetic so nothing I "need", just be nice to not have the molex and wire hanging there.

#854 1 year ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

That'd be awesome! It's all just cosmetic so nothing I "need", just be nice to not have the molex and wire hanging there.

Roger that!!

#855 1 year ago

Here is your source fir WHITE netting. There are a lot of “net” companies out there but many do not offer white. Well here it is!!

F77DB6D0-E484-4658-9571-EABADE71B1B5 (resized).jpegF77DB6D0-E484-4658-9571-EABADE71B1B5 (resized).jpeg
    #856 1 year ago

After having the side rails blasted, sanded at 60 then 125 then used some body putty. Will sand again then prime and paint. Getting there

F21873A2-0A74-4A23-BE39-1383092C869A (resized).jpegF21873A2-0A74-4A23-BE39-1383092C869A (resized).jpeg
    #857 1 year ago

I am looking at buying a shuffle alley and would like to know if it will fit in a minivan when broken down? 1990 williams shuffle alley. 3.5 hour drive one way so just need to make sure it will fit.

#858 1 year ago

Well knowing what kind of minivan would certainly help answer the question. I can tell you that I fit a mid-fifties Skee Ball in my 2018 Toyota Sienna. Hatch had to be open partially. I assume you would be taking out the rear seats? With the limited info I have, I would say that it would probably fit. Plan to possibly have the hatch open so you will need to prepare to have some kind of tie down for the hatch. Lots of moving blankets etc. Envisioning that the back of the alley would sit on its side (top of the unit facing the windshield, bottom of the unit facing the rear) This should provide enough for the alley to snug all the way up against the front passenger seat.

Maybe ask the person you are buying this from to take some measurements for you. Be specific in what you're asking for and then go out to your vehicle and see what it looks like??

#859 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

I am looking at buying a shuffle alley and would like to know if it will fit in a minivan when broken down? 1990 williams shuffle alley. 3.5 hour drive one way so just need to make sure it will fit.

Got a hitch on the rear? Uhaul trailers are cheap to rent because unlike the trucks, you don't pay for mileage.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my optical switch upgrade for model H & S Skee Ball

#860 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

I was able to move a Williams Taurus with my LWB Transit Connect. The lane piece stuck out a ways so I had to keep one of the back doors open with a strap around it. Shuffle alleys break down pretty well and I think you'd be able to move one with your average minivan, but I would plan around needing to keep the hatch partially open because the lane piece is quite long.

DSC_1486 (resized).JPGDSC_1486 (resized).JPG
    #861 1 year ago

+1 for renting a uhaul trailer. It's like 34 bucks for 24 hours, no mileage. You can save your back and interior because you can just dolly it on the trailer vs. Sliding it into the van. But I would think if you can't do a trailer the van would work. Lots of blankets and tools to take it apart. Take a video of you taking it apart, just incase you have some wierd wiring or or bolts.

#862 1 year ago

Starting to reattach the repolished stainless strips for the tops of the side rails. Riveting them back in place with the helm of a pin guide that worked really well I think.

Perfection, no but not bad

5423E6F6-BEEA-4FFC-B4EB-330B8F9C5195 (resized).jpeg5423E6F6-BEEA-4FFC-B4EB-330B8F9C5195 (resized).jpegE96DC518-4061-4ECF-98D7-1C00129C5CC6 (resized).jpegE96DC518-4061-4ECF-98D7-1C00129C5CC6 (resized).jpeg
    #863 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can obtain the red spongy “donuts” that mount to the ball guides on in the backbox. Probably not calling them what they are but hopefully you can tell by my poor description. I was under the impression they were still avail. Anyone?

Thank you

George

#864 1 year ago

Thanks for the Info guys. Next time I will be more specific. Looks like I will have to rent some thing to haul it.

#865 1 year ago

More progress but still a ways to go…. Cleaning up the mechanism under the ramp. Media blasting all the pieces. Don’t think they were originally painted so I am going to leave them as such. Making sure everything is nice and fluid and in no way bound. Took out the ball rail completely and wire brushed and then repainted the brown it was originally. The one mech you can see that I have not cleaned it up yet. Kind of cruddy. Not for long!

0390F2A7-DC22-4791-B400-B02B7EC7E3CC (resized).jpeg0390F2A7-DC22-4791-B400-B02B7EC7E3CC (resized).jpeg27142709-3890-4F65-92A4-157794B301B9 (resized).jpeg27142709-3890-4F65-92A4-157794B301B9 (resized).jpeg32BB2EA7-CEF6-4C87-97C5-FDAE86966165 (resized).jpeg32BB2EA7-CEF6-4C87-97C5-FDAE86966165 (resized).jpeg34CE0F70-E55F-431C-BB1E-29730459D412 (resized).jpeg34CE0F70-E55F-431C-BB1E-29730459D412 (resized).jpeg4DD3C94A-3E9F-4EE6-B99F-85B9766BEF57 (resized).jpeg4DD3C94A-3E9F-4EE6-B99F-85B9766BEF57 (resized).jpeg9F19D5A3-F516-4CB9-AA3C-FA6F47F316F9 (resized).jpeg9F19D5A3-F516-4CB9-AA3C-FA6F47F316F9 (resized).jpegAE8C2C96-66D1-4FA0-96CC-BA19EF31E572 (resized).jpegAE8C2C96-66D1-4FA0-96CC-BA19EF31E572 (resized).jpeg

#866 1 year ago

Looking for a 10 foot if anyone has one.

#867 1 year ago

I had to take a break from working on my Williams Omni Shuffle Alley (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-triple-strike-shuffle-bowler) once I got it fully functioning, but I've gotten back to it.

Lately I'm having two issues:
    1) Some of the LED score segments not working, specifically segment g on the player 2 units digit and segment g on the player 3 tens digit. When I switch connectors I the digits will work. Looking at the wiring and logic diagram is still a skill I'm working on, so some guidance on resources that will help me better understand the diagrams would be appreciated.

2) The general lighting in the backglass area recently crapped out. I think I may have accidently shorted somethin when fiddling with the wiring for the LED score units. I checked for blown fuses and could not find one. However when I tested the voltage across fuse F1 (system 6 A), which is the high voltage fuse, I only get 11 volts (it should be around 100V). Did I fry my power supply? Is there something else that I should look for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#868 1 year ago

I am about the farthest from a qualified guy here but if you’re referring to the general illumination lighting in the head, those are not supplied by high voltage. The high voltage if I am not mistaken is for the score displays. Your GI lighting is low voltage. Hope this is helpful

#869 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Starting to reattach the repolished stainless strips for the tops of the side rails. Riveting them back in place with the helm of a pin guide that worked really well I think.
    Perfection, no but not bad
    [quoted image][quoted image]

looks great and i don't think i have really seen one with a stainless strip in the center. that is a really sharp touch.

#870 1 year ago
    Quoted from big420atx:

looks great and i don't think i have really seen one with a stainless strip in the center. that is a really sharp touch.

Thank you fir your kind words. It does really show off the machine. I have heard others say that there was a strip of shiny self adhesive type material. Thinking that may have been a newer machine. This one is from 1958 so I guess they used the real stuff back then!!

This was actually an aspect of the revival that I was concerned about. I really had not worked with regular rivets before soni was nervous about reattaching them and having that original look.

Went to a local machine shop I deal with in my biz and the engineer suggested using a pin guide. Had one on his desk and said here try this. So I did. Used the pin guide on the head and a regular hammer from behind. Held the pin guide with my vice and it worked very well. Probably a big unorthodox but it worked.

Just pulled the mechanism out if the bottom of the back box to clean it up and prepare for repainting if the back box. It cleaned up nicely. Trying to get all the metal parts to look a little better with just a little shine where I can. Don’t want the outside to look nice and then the inside look crummy!

Again, thank you for your kind words!

1 week later
    #871 1 year ago

A few pics showing some progress!! Still have to clean the cork. The polishing of the stainless really adds some pop to the game I think. Just wrapping up final paint on the back box. Remove the scoring section in the backbox and cleaned all that up. Getting close

D913E229-55EF-4EE0-B813-26CFDB3B7F29 (resized).jpegD913E229-55EF-4EE0-B813-26CFDB3B7F29 (resized).jpegF8AFE5E8-75C9-4C9E-B062-B7A2F2203250 (resized).jpegF8AFE5E8-75C9-4C9E-B062-B7A2F2203250 (resized).jpegFA536A1A-0511-41E8-878F-122081DA1675 (resized).jpegFA536A1A-0511-41E8-878F-122081DA1675 (resized).jpegFD73663C-0B38-4A29-B26A-7450AF91180F (resized).jpegFD73663C-0B38-4A29-B26A-7450AF91180F (resized).jpegFDE6B3F9-904E-4B38-A46A-18620059AB0C (resized).jpegFDE6B3F9-904E-4B38-A46A-18620059AB0C (resized).jpeg
    #872 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

A few pics showing some progress!! Still have to clean the cork. The polishing of the stainless really adds some pop to the game I think. Just wrapping up final paint on the back box. Remove the scoring section in the backbox and cleaned all that up. Getting close
    ]

Absolutely gorgeous!

#873 1 year ago
    Quoted from JTAntikythera:

Absolutely gorgeous!

You’re very kind!! Thank you. Going to put some time into it this weekend. I have taken some time off from work which has allowed me to do some coin op stuff. However, work is fast approaching so I need to wrap this up. It’s definitely getting there. Wish I could do a video and upload it but that isn’t allowed I don’t junk. Maybe I’ll put it up on YouTube and link it.

The polishing really did come out well. I did some of that myself and some I had done outside. Looking forward to getting this 1958 model back to some of her original glory.

I was able to find the coin holder that sits below the lever to release the balls. Media blasted that and it cleaned up nicely. Just a little touch that not all games if this vintage still have.

Again thank you

#874 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

You’re very kind!! Thank you. Going to put some time into it this weekend. I have taken some time off from work which has allowed me to do some coin op stuff. However, work is fast approaching so I need to wrap this up. It’s definitely getting there. Wish I could do a video and upload it but that isn’t allowed I don’t junk. Maybe I’ll put it up on YouTube and link it.
    The polishing really did come out well. I did some of that myself and some I had done outside. Looking forward to getting this 1958 model back to some of her original glory.
    I was able to find the coin holder that sits below the lever to release the balls. Media blasted that and it cleaned up nicely. Just a little touch that not all games if this vintage still have.
    Again thank you

Your game is looking fantastic. I'd be interested in watching your video if you do post one.

I'm not in the skee ball club yet, but planning to join in a few months (after basement remodel). I'm just looking into them now. So a restoration video would be great to watch and learn.

#875 1 year ago

Well then I will do one. Thank you for helping me with the decision!!

One bit of advise I can give is if your into older models like what I have (1958) make sure that the machine is complete. While parts are not impossible to secure, some can be a real bear to find. More modern machines are far easier to get parts for. I was always intrigued by the mechanical skee ball games. Hell they don’t even need power to work! I always liked the Rolodex type score unit. And, importantly, I wanted a project that was doable for me.

#876 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Well then I will do one. Thank you for helping me with the decision!!
    One bit of advise I can give is if your into older models like what I have (1958) make sure that the machine is complete. While parts are not impossible to secure, some can be a real bear to find. More modern machines are far easier to get parts for. I was always intrigued by the mechanical skee ball games. Hell they don’t even need power to work! I always liked the Rolodex type score unit. And, importantly, I wanted a project that was doable for me.

That is great, I'm looking forward to watching it!

I doubt that I'll end up going with something of this era, for reasons you mentioned. It would definitely be outside of my restoration ability. So, I'll go with something more modern.

But really that just makes your restoration all the more interesting. I'm just starting to learn about skee ball altogether, and to see the craftsmanship and design of the older machines is awesome. I mean, seriously, fully mechanical - how awesome is that??

#877 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

That is great, I'm looking forward to watching it!
    I doubt that I'll end up going with something of this era, for reasons you mentioned. It would definitely be outside of my restoration ability. So, I'll go with something more modern.
    But really that just makes your restoration all the more interesting. I'm just starting to learn about skee ball altogether, and to see the craftsmanship and design of the older machines is awesome. I mean, seriously, fully mechanical - how awesome is that??

There is a great book out there if you’re a reader called Seeking Redemption. It is all about the very stories history of Skee Ball. Highly recommend and I am NOT a reader!

#878 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

There is a great book out there if you’re a reader called Seeking Redemption. It is all about the very stories history of Skee Ball. Highly recommend and I am NOT a reader!

Thanks for that! Looks like a really nice book. Is it the type of book that would translate well to a Kindle?

The reason I ask is there's a Kindle version for 10 bucks, but the hardcover is 65.

I'm just wondering if there are a lot of pictures, etc which just wouldn't be the same on a Kindle?

Also I'm kinda thinking maybe the hardcover is worth it anyway, sort of a coffee table book to put out near the machine and be able to browse it while sitting around.

#879 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

Thanks for that! Looks like a really nice book. Is it the type of book that would translate well to a Kindle?
    The reason I ask is there's a Kindle version for 10 bucks, but the hardcover is 65.
    I'm just wondering if there are a lot of pictures, etc which just wouldn't be the same on a Kindle?
    Also I'm kinda thinking maybe the hardcover is worth it anyway, sort of a coffee table book to put out near the machine and be able to browse it while sitting around.

Yes, there are many pictures throughout the book. Many! Don’t use a kindle so not experienced there. Definitely a great “coffee table” book.

The history of this game is very interesting. Hell, with all the minor early ups and prolific downs, it’s amazing this game ever came to be actually.

Keep in mind that while Skee Ball is still made by a company called Bay Tek, depending on the model that you have they may or may not be able to assist with various parts etc. They had nothing for the vintage game that I have!

A good source for replacement cork should you need it and cannot get it from Bay Tek is Bangor Cork. I was lucky in that my cork, while older, is still in pretty decent shape. I am in the process of cleaning the ramp now. The other areas have already been cleaned. I used Awesome Cleaner and it has worked well.

I can appreciate your hesitancy regarding restoration. I too had to consider my experience level.

Also depends on how nice you want the game to look when you’re done. I want this to look as sharp as possible. The joy for me is in making these older machines come back to life. Sure I will play it but the main joy is bringing it back to life.

I have been working on this game for about a month. Maybe a bit more. Have used lots of custom services to make it look original. Having the burgundy sticker that goes on the left side by player position remade. That was a couple hundred. Having a sign painter re paint the numerals on the rings. That was a hundred. Having some of the stainless polished that I did not want to do. That was $400. Getting rattle can ping custom made to repaint the game so the colors were accurate was about $400. I am getting the netting redone by a local custom place to me. That will probably be a few hundred. Having a crummy looking net would sort of kill all I have done!

Hope this is helpful

#880 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Hope this is helpful

It is! Thanks

#881 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

which just wouldn't be the same on a Kindle?

You can't view it on the physical kindle device (I tried), presumably because of all the pictures. You can buy the kindle version and view it on your computer or phone in the kindle app, though.

#882 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

You can't view it on the physical kindle device (I tried), presumably because of all the pictures. You can buy the kindle version and view it on your computer or phone in the kindle app, though.

Thanks for that info - that makes sense.

I think I'll end up going with the paperback. Half the price of the hardcover and it should still be a pretty nice looking book.

#883 1 year ago

Either way, you can’t go wrong. This is the definitive history of Skee Ball!!

#884 1 year ago

Ok, I screwed up. The first side panel that I re riveted went well. Actually looks original. Then I screw up. Duh!! In order to line up the stainless strip with the holes in the side cover I rivet each end first. Wrong! What this caused was the metal strip bowing in the center raising up off the surface of the side cover by about 3/16”. Shit! Very obvious by itself not to mention that thee other side looked really good with no bowing.

So grind off the old rivets, pull the stainless strip off the side cover which fricks up the paint job, yeppir. Going well!!! Then finish grinding the rivets out of the stainless. Now I have to sand down the top of the side cover, repaint and then re affix the stainless strips starting at one end and continuing to the other. Shit for brains sometimes! Oh well. It will be right when done! Lol

#885 1 year ago

What are you using to polish the stainless?
    Also, you wouldn't believe how many people thought the coin return tray/cup was an ashtray.

#886 1 year ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

What are you using to polish the stainless?
    Also, you wouldn't believe how many people thought the coin return tray/cup was an ashtray.

Hello Sir,

For the stainless that I polished which was the piece at the end of the ramp and the strips that affix to the left and right covers of the alley, I started with 200 grit sandpaper and went to 1500. I then used Mothers Mag Polish to really bring them to life. My results are similar (+/-) to the results that I got by taking the other out for polish. Yes, I can definitely see how that could be construed as an ash tray. My machine does not have a coin return interestingly enough?? Maybe too old (1958)? I was able to find it and thought that it was probably a standard piece to the new machines back in the day but as time marched on, I figured that many of those fell by the wayside for various reasons which was why I really wanted this machine to have it and look "complete". I used my blast cabinet to clean up the coin tray. It just had the typical grime and after the blast cabinet, looks new I think??

#887 1 year ago

It does make the machine look complete.
    As far as the coin mech - I'm guessing the coin stays in the mech until you pull the ball release lever all the way down, when it then drops into the coin box? If so, would the operator have to come over for any stuck coins? Just wondering.

#888 1 year ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

It does make the machine look complete.
    As far as the coin mech - I'm guessing the coin stays in the mech until you pull the ball release lever all the way down, when it then drops into the coin box? If so, would the operator have to come over for any stuck coins? Just wondering.

I would imagine so??!! Problem is the mech that is in there would have to be removed from the machine with tools. First the net would have to come off to gain access to remove the right side ramp covers. Then after those are off the handle mechanism would have to be removed with four more screws and then the errant coin removed. This is not a five minute job by any stretch. Maybe given the design this was not a major issue. As long as one put a quarter in they were set to go. Hell in todays world you would have asshats trying to put many things in there despite that it takes quarters only. Ahh the good old days!!

#889 1 year ago

I’m getting very close to assembling the ramp and back box and connecting the linkage in the bottom of the back box. I am really hopeful that it works without too much hassle. I know there are adjustments that can be made just hoping I don’t have to go through that.

Just reinstalled the rings assembly in the backbox. Seems like forever ago I had the numerals repainted. It was worth it. Those were pretty faded and just didn’t convey a nice aesthetic.

I am planning to take all the materials needed to recreate a new net out to a sewing tech that is close to me in early January. That will be the crowning touch to making this look fresh. The net that is present is probably the original and that just will not do. The new one will make the game shine.

#890 1 year ago

Has anyone found a good stiffer replacement for the L brackets that hold the rings on? How about replicating the factory Rivets? I am familiar with pop-rivets but not the solid ones from the factory.

#891 1 year ago
    Quoted from lint:

Has anyone found a good stiffer replacement for the L brackets that hold the rings on? How about replicating the factory Rivets? I am familiar with pop-rivets but not the solid ones from the factory.

If you search fir a compression rivet press I think this is what you would want to use to keep things looking original. Of course you could use a pop rivet but it would be obvious what you did and that it was not original. If you’re less anal retentive that I am that would probably be ok. However if you want to keep the original look to the game a rivet press will probably be the way to go.

You could always go with thicker “L” brackets if the originals are failing. I guess what I think if is what is the condition of the ring where it was riveted? You don’t want that looking crummy after re doing it??

#892 1 year ago

Getting ready to reinstall the front support for the alley. I could tell that there was a slope to that and figured it would be helpful to know what that is to get the game set right. The slope on the front support measures at 4.4 degrees

Just fyi

#893 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

dude you absolutely killed it on that polish job. i have seen a many restos over the years but you might have just taken the crown with this one.

that looks so amazing right now. kudos my man

#894 1 year ago

RE: Rivet Replacement for Rings.

I am restoring a model S right now and one of the brackets is broken and a few original rivets are replaced with ill-fitting pop rivets. I ordered a few new brackets from Wizard on eBay. Would love to find a cheaper option to replace them all with thicker material L brackets.
    PXL_20221223_000552845 (resized).jpgPXL_20221223_000552845 (resized).jpg

My ACE had these Binding Posts that are nearly perfect for this repair. I did not have the energy or resources to explore compression rivets and their associated tools at the moment. Binding posts do not stand proud and are unscrewable if you ever need to remove or replace them.
    PXL_20221225_211916060 (resized).jpgPXL_20221225_211916060 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20221223_183143978 (resized).jpgPXL_20221223_183143978 (resized).jpg

Aluminum Binding Post replacement
    PXL_20221225_210001299 (resized).jpgPXL_20221225_210001299 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20221225_210008856 (resized).jpgPXL_20221225_210008856 (resized).jpg

Original Brass Rivet
    PXL_20221225_205954527 (resized).jpgPXL_20221225_205954527 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20221225_210016090 (resized).jpgPXL_20221225_210016090 (resized).jpg

Pop Rivet Fix (stands proud, potential to gouge balls over time)
    PXL_20221225_205947171 (resized).jpgPXL_20221225_205947171 (resized).jpg

#895 1 year ago

you can find suitable replacement brackets at home depot. they are virtually identical and super cheap. they guy on ebay is such a rip off.

as for the pop rivets. i just us a 10 dollar rivet gun that pulls the rivets all the way into the hole. so both sides are smooth. i have never had any nipples on the inside or outside like that.

it looks to me like they sized the rivets wrong and needed a washer to hold it in place.

#896 1 year ago
    Quoted from big420atx:

you can find suitable replacement brackets at home depot. they are virtually identical and super cheap. they guy on ebay is such a rip off.

you got a part number? I could not find anything that had the same hole pattern. Not trying to make a new hole on the backboard.

#897 1 year ago
    Quoted from big420atx:

dude you absolutely killed it on that polish job. i have seen a many restos over the years but you might have just taken the crown with this one.
    that looks so amazing right now. kudos my man

Thank you kindly. I am grateful! Still working to get it finished. Couple days and save for the net which is scheduled to be redone in January, balls should be able to be launched!

#898 1 year ago
    Quoted from lint:

I am restoring a model S right now and one of the brackets is broken and a few original rivets are replaced with ill-fitting pop rivets. I ordered a few new brackets from Wizard on eBay. Would love to find a cheaper option to replace them all with thicker material L brackets.
    [quoted image]
    My ACE had these Binding Posts that are nearly perfect for this repair. I did not have the energy or resources to explore compression rivets and their associated tools at the moment. Binding posts do not stand proud and are unscrewable if you ever need to remove or replace them.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Aluminum Binding Post replacement
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Original Brass Rivet
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Pop Rivet Fix (stands proud, potential to gouge balls over time)
    [quoted image]

Looks great! Solid idea. Wish I had thought of that. Good job!!

#899 1 year ago
    Quoted from lint:

My ACE had these Binding Posts that are nearly perfect for this repair...

Good old Chicago screws, or sex bolts if you prefer. The ones I've bought at Ace have one smooth featureless side which looks good. A little Loc-tite and you're good to go for decades.

#900 1 year ago

Well made some headway today. Found out that I have two different size balls. I have three if the correct 3 1/8” and the rest are too large to work in this game. Maybe they were mixed up from other skee games. Bottom line is that I need to source six 3 1/8” balls. Working on it!

Also worked this eve on adjusting the scoring shaft with its related “fingers”. The only one that was working was the “50” slot and all others did not register any score. After some tutelage by Mopar (thank you so very much Tim) I learned how to adjust the others so that they also register. Still working on this but I’m getting there. The teeter tauter in the game is working properly and when a quarter is placed in the mech, the game score resets and the balls are delivered to player position. As the balls are thrown, they are with held. Was really concerned that mech was going to need some work but all seems well for the time being. Yippee!

I have the game on rollers in my garage so that as needed the game can be moved. Wish I had a dedicated place in the basement but there is no freakin way!

Going to drop off the net for remaking tomorrow. Can’t wait till I get that on the game as it will really show off the project. New netting and polished covers for the net structure should have this looking great. Stay tuned!

There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/18?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.