Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 22.
    #751 2 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Hey all,
    I just launched a kickstarter for a new product that replaces the mechanical switches in model H and model S Skee Ball machines with optical sensors. If you want to check it out the link is https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-optical-sensors .
    -Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model 78, D, E, H & S Skee Ball

I backed this for the full kit minus the "Need it now" option.

I don't own a Skee Ball machine
    This seems like a fantastic idea
    I know Rob and believe in his products
    I like to support people who make existing products better.

Hope you can reach your goal and get this made. I know your other Skee Ball products are proven and have made many machines better and more reliable.

Chris

#752 2 years ago

What's the going rate for a very nice Williams Strike Master?
    Thanks in advance

#753 2 years ago

Hello Pinsiders! Anyone know the part number of the rollover assembly Shuffle Inn??
    Are they same as
    STRIKE ZONE
    ALLEY CATS
    TIC TAC STRIKE
    GOLD MINE

All saying part #B-7752R #B-7752L

1 week later
    #754 2 years ago

Joined the club finally!!!

1139939E-821D-477E-A947-DABB172CB27C (resized).jpeg1139939E-821D-477E-A947-DABB172CB27C (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #755 2 years ago
    Quoted from JTAntikythera:

I just got into the hobby when I picked up a Williams Triple Strike bowler that was being given away locally on Facebook earlier this week (so I'm as green as they come). The person getting rid of it just bought their house and it was left in the basement - meaning I have not history or paperwork. I found this thread while searching the forums and cooperscooter's post (#578 in this thread) come up in my search results.
    Unfortunately, the machine does not run, but that just gets me excited to get it up and running - I have small kids so I'm not looking to fully restore it, though I may do that in the future. As you can see in the pictures it's not in the best shape, but it's not bad either. One of the circuit boards has what looks like damage from a leaking battery.
    I don't want to start tearing into the game until the manual I ordered from The Pinball Resource gets in and I can inventory what is there.
    Anyway - I'm excited to get this project running and look forward to learning all about the hobby!

I sent my boards to ChrisHibler and he did a fantastic job freshening them up!

I installed the boards and It works!!!!

0325222011 (resized).jpg0325222011 (resized).jpg

As you can see, my son is already enjoying the game!

Since I don't know the history of this machine, there were a few items that I still had questions on, but after doing a little digging online, I think I have my answers.

1) As you can see in the back glass picture, the game selection indicators (i.e. Regulation, Flash, Big Strike, Strike 90, & Triple Strike) are located in the bottom left corner.
    0325222030a (resized).jpg0325222030a (resized).jpg

However, when you look at the head unit without the back glass it is clear that the game indicator lights are on the bottom right corner. This led me to believe that the back glass and the lower glass (both say Triple Strike) were swapped into this unit?

0325222030b (resized).jpg0325222030b (resized).jpg

2) Since this is clearly not a Triple Strike I thought maybe it is actually a Big Strike machine. Triple Strike shares a manual with Big Strike. Other than artwork the major difference between the games is the game modes available. The game modes in Big Strike are Regulation, Big Strike, Single Shot, Strike 90, & Flashing Scoring. The Triple Strike games are listed above. My first instinct was that the game is actually Big Strike, but then I took a closer look at the game card on the unit. The games on my machine are Regulation, Single Shot, 800, Strike 90, and Flash. I confirmed the scoring through some game play and found that the game card seems to be correct.

After doing a little digging around online, the artwork (that I assumed was a non-original repaint) matches perfectly with the Omni Shuffle Alley, the game selection for Omni match what my machine has, and based on a TNT Amusement Video (#65) the back glass also appears to align with the game selection lights.

Does anyone have an Omni Shuffle Alley? If so are you willing to take a picture of the game selection light area for me to compare?

4 weeks later
    #756 2 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Hey all,

I just launched a kickstarter for a new product that replaces the mechanical switches in model H and model S Skee Ball machines with optical sensors. If you want to check it out the link is https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-optical-sensors .

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model 78, D, E, H & S Skee Ball

Well, my kickstarter didn't quite reach the funding goal, but that's not stopping me from making the optical switches. I've added them to my website (https://www.kahr.us) and have some in stock. I made sure to notify the kickstarter supporters when I first put the links on my site and decided to let this thread know next. Probably right after the Allentown show I'll post them on ebay.

-Rob

#757 1 year ago

Just picked up a gold mine and the tray is missing, was going to go silicone spray only till I can find a tray, any suggestions on what spray to pick up? I see Sun Glo and game room guys have some on amazon.

#758 1 year ago
    Quoted from TonyP66:

Just picked up a gold mine and the tray is missing, was going to go silicone spray only till I can find a tray, any suggestions on what spray to pick up? I see Sun Glo and game room guys have some on amazon.

I use any silicone from Auto Zone / Pep Boys etc. I wipe off the excess after spraying, and keep the room ventilated

1 week later
    #759 1 year ago

Working on a Chicago Coin Criss Cross 1953. I believe cork was used on the sides, but what type of rubber rebound is used. I talked with Steve at Pinball Resource and he was not sure.

I wonder if William's side rubber at least would fit?

Thank you.

#760 1 year ago

Just got my first Shuffle Bowler, a Williams "Alley Cats". It's in "sat in a storage unit for some time after being in the smokeiest bar on the planet" shape.

Few questions to start, will this missing chunk in the alley screw up gameplay? Should I try and fill it?

Can I replace the piece of wood near the pins with a similar wood moulding?

20220513_151247.jpg20220513_151247.jpg20220513_151305.jpg20220513_151305.jpg
    #761 1 year ago

That board near the rebound rubber isn’t anything special. Those divots in the playfield won’t likely affect gameplay.
    That playfield is seriously beat. Wow.

#762 1 year ago

I would fill the hole, it wont affect game play since it is so far back in the playfield. The wood piece in the back i would just sand down, that also has no affect on game play

#763 1 year ago
    Quoted from Philly76:

I would fill the hole, it wont affect game play since it is so far back in the playfield. The wood piece in the back i would just sand down, that also has no affect on game play

Suggestions for filler?

#764 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can find a PDF format manual for an "Alley Cats", zero clue what I'm doing here. First bowler I've dealt with.

Thanks

#765 1 year ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Anyone know where I can find a PDF format manual for an "Alley Cats", zero clue what I'm doing here. First bowler I've dealt with.
    Thanks

Check with "The Pinball Resource" (http://www.pbresource.com/). They had a manual for my shuffle alley.

#766 1 year ago
    Quoted from JTAntikythera:

Check with "The Pinball Resource" (http://www.pbresource.com/). They had a manual for my shuffle alley.

Thanks, at the moment I'm trying to keep cost down as I haven't determined if this thing will actually make it into my arcade. The displays are toast, the playfield is rough, it could use pins, needs the smaller marquee plexi and stainless cover in front. I also have to pull every rollover and de-rust, its blowing a GI fuse, not playing correctly, and still smells like a biker bar. Only thing going for it is its rebuilt Sys 11 pcb.

I've never been unable to locate a free PDF manual online, until now. Found a "Gold Rush" one, which is similar, but it has a special flasher pcb, so doesn't help me with that fuse issue.

This may end up in the firepit.

Added 23 months ago:

Caved, bought a manual on Feebay.

1 week later
    #767 1 year ago

Anyone know the part number for the pictures rollover switch on a Williams Strike Master or where to purchase a replacement?

AA35E3DE-49A0-405A-B879-62794F756517 (resized).jpegAA35E3DE-49A0-405A-B879-62794F756517 (resized).jpeg
    #768 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Anyone know the part number for the pictures rollover switch on a Williams Strike Master or where to purchase a replacement?
    [quoted image]

I know this doesn't list it for a Strike master, but appears to be the same.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-7752L

#769 1 year ago

Thank you - I found that as well but wasnt sure since Strike Master wasnt listed. I reached out to Todd Tuckey and he has some - for those of you that may need parts in the future he has a stash of bowler parts.

Quoted from Irishbastard:

I know this doesn't list it for a Strike master, but appears to be the same.
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-7752L

4 weeks later
    #770 1 year ago

What do you guys replace these “pads” that the pins flip up to with?

1C8E34F4-4296-4828-BD1C-0D88D1DE0E65 (resized).jpeg1C8E34F4-4296-4828-BD1C-0D88D1DE0E65 (resized).jpeg
    #771 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I've used other things, but the thicker stickim weather stripping works okay, but instead
    of just applying them straight on, after I lightly sand, vacuum, then clean the areas of the
    pin deck, I use contact cement to ensure they hold..

#772 1 year ago

So clean, sand, vacuum, apply contact cement, then weather stripping correct?

Quoted from Mopar:

I've used other things, but the thicker stickim weather stripping works okay, but instead
    of just applying them straight on, after I lightly sand, vacuum, then clean the areas of the
    pin deck, I use contact cement to ensure they hold..

#773 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

So clean, sand, vacuum, apply contact cement, then weather stripping correct?

Actually, first finger tip sand the small areas so a little bare wood is shown, then vacuum, then
    clean to make sure all the dust is removed. Damping a piece of cloth with just water is fine, but
    I usually like using Paint Thinner (drys/evaporates fast).
    Then apply contact cement to the pin deck areas along with the stickim side of the weather
    stripping, of any tough type coarse foam you might have, but many weather strippings are
    a width that words nicely. Once the contact cement is dry to the touch, it's ready to apply.
    Some weather strippings are tougher than others. They're the ones you want to look for..
    Note: I should have said the stickim side of the pieces of weather stripping. It's best to have
    them pre-cut before applying the contact cement. I usually use a small Artist type painter's brush
    when applying the contact cement..

#774 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

[quoted image]

I take roofing rubber and roll it into a “hose” and staple it alongside each pin allowing the portion under the pin to remain slightly bulged roughly like a collapsed hose. I use a pneumatic stapler with 1/2” long staples
    I hope this makes sense. The air gap made by the rolled rubber works very well to cushion the pin. Not super pretty but super effective. I’ve tried a few types of foam but the pins have a nasty habit of slicing through the foam like a knife.

#775 1 year ago

That’s what I’m noticing. Foam is fine except for where the pins cut in to it all the way.

Do you have a picture?

Quoted from 29REO:

I take roofing rubber and roll it into a “hose” and staple it alongside each pin allowing the portion under the pin to remain slightly bulged roughly like a collapsed hose. I use a pneumatic stapler with 1/2” long staples
    I hope this makes sense. The air gap made by the rolled rubber works very well to cushion the pin. Not super pretty but super effective. I’ve tried a few types of foam but the pins have a nasty habit of slicing through the foam like a knife.

#776 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Foam is fine except for where the pins cut in to it all the way.

Yup, the cheap stuff that's not thick and dense wears quickly.
    For the Ball Bowlers I have out, I've mouse pads..

#777 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

That’s what I’m noticing. Foam is fine except for where the pins cut in to it all the way.
    Do you have a picture?

Here ya go. I stapled them in the middle, not the sides. Now the pins land quiet and not with that “crack” that eventually breaks them.

5CFA4471-5DCA-46D2-A117-97DC1F21867D (resized).jpeg5CFA4471-5DCA-46D2-A117-97DC1F21867D (resized).jpeg95954EA0-6BBB-4EBA-B650-A1B1AC9C6004 (resized).jpeg95954EA0-6BBB-4EBA-B650-A1B1AC9C6004 (resized).jpegF4D6AD3C-2C4E-4B9D-BB20-A059B577DBC7 (resized).jpegF4D6AD3C-2C4E-4B9D-BB20-A059B577DBC7 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #778 1 year ago

Joining the club as soon as I go pick it up in a few weeks. Had an EM puck bowler some years ago and enjoyed it so when a United Aristocrat became available somewhat locally I had to jump on it.

It’s rough, non working of course, and looks like it was soaked for years in a vat of nicotine. Spent it’s whole life in only 1 location/bar, then storage.

I am very comfortable for Wms Sys 3-6 board work so no biggie. Excited to get started!

C8517616-5EF3-4810-85E6-731B4E118DE1 (resized).jpegC8517616-5EF3-4810-85E6-731B4E118DE1 (resized).jpegEF96FD06-9604-45B5-A43D-E24BBAAF6216 (resized).jpegEF96FD06-9604-45B5-A43D-E24BBAAF6216 (resized).jpeg
    #779 1 year ago

Looking for a decent 10 foot Model H, S or new version skee ball if anyone has one.

Thanks!

#780 1 year ago

Looking to sell or trade my 16 ft Amazon bowler. Planning some home improvements which is making things tight for the 16+ feet you need for this game. Game works great!

Great chance for someone to join this club.

Cash or a pin +/- cash.

PM me if interested.

#781 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Looking for a decent 10 foot Model H, S or new version skee ball if anyone has one.
    Thanks!

i have a couple of nice lanes. where are you located

just shoot me a pm whenever you get a chance. thank

3 weeks later
    #782 1 year ago

Just listed my 16 foot big ball bowler if anyone is interested in joining this club. Trades welcomed as I'm trying to make room for a home improvement project. I could really use the extra 10 feet now!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/140212

20220803_150702 (resized).jpg20220803_150702 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #783 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Joining the club as soon as I go pick it up in a few weeks. Had an EM puck bowler some years ago and enjoyed it so when a United Aristocrat became available somewhat locally I had to jump on it.
    It’s rough, non working of course, and looks like it was soaked for years in a vat of nicotine. Spent it’s whole life in only 1 location/bar, then storage.
    I am very comfortable for Wms Sys 3-6 board work so no biggie. Excited to get started!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

My goodness this thing was so filthy. So much nicotine to clean off. The switches were all tarnished and not making any electrical contact. All the pin mechs needed to come out and take a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner. Lots of rusted parts went in evaporust as well.

Game is up and running! Needed new rubbers all around, pins, lights, ballasts, board work(usual stuff like sockets and interconnect, blown ICs and transistors). Last thing is I need a PIA. The one I have on solenoids is damaged and certain coils are weak, sound coils are dead. I swapped PIAs and confirmed it was the cause.

For some crazy reason all original displays work! Did not expect that! Already bought LED displays but will wait before swapping. LED’d the whole game.

9605C17E-54FA-40BA-A351-A4BA310E0E4A (resized).jpeg9605C17E-54FA-40BA-A351-A4BA310E0E4A (resized).jpegA7EAA64B-9164-4426-8656-045DAB2BACE4 (resized).jpegA7EAA64B-9164-4426-8656-045DAB2BACE4 (resized).jpeg8F0A260E-8DF0-4D36-91EA-3F2B6237B77A (resized).jpeg8F0A260E-8DF0-4D36-91EA-3F2B6237B77A (resized).jpeg

053E99C7-9EDC-410D-9E84-7AA3FDFD1D36 (resized).jpeg053E99C7-9EDC-410D-9E84-7AA3FDFD1D36 (resized).jpeg
    #784 1 year ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Just listed my 16 foot big ball bowler if anyone is interested in joining this club. Trades welcomed as I'm trying to make room for a home improvement project. I could really use the extra 10 feet now!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/140212[quoted image]

Love your Ball Bowler!! I just wish I had someplace to put it!! Or, if it came aprt in smnall enough pieces to go in my basement which is tight going up and down. Game looks great!!

#785 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Love your Ball Bowler!! I just wish I had someplace to put it!! Or, if it came aprt in smnall enough pieces to go in my basement which is tight going up and down. Game looks great!!

Thanks GPS!

It does break down into 3 separate pieces. The only truly challenging piece is the middle lane section with the pin hood. I believe it can be removed, but I wasn't willing to do that. Fortunately my sliding door opens wide enough to pass through.

Still looking for a sale or trade, and open to offers!

#786 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

My goodness this thing was so filthy. So much nicotine to clean off. The switches were all tarnished and not making any electrical contact. All the pin mechs needed to come out and take a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner. Lots of rusted parts went in evaporust as well.
    Game is up and running! Needed new rubbers all around, pins, lights, ballasts, board work(usual stuff like sockets and interconnect, blown ICs and transistors). Last thing is I need a PIA. The one I have on solenoids is damaged and certain coils are weak, sound coils are dead. I swapped PIAs and confirmed it was the cause.
    For some crazy reason all original displays work! Did not expect that! Already bought LED displays but will wait before swapping. LED’d the whole game.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Always lot's of work getting things cleaned and functional, but so worth the effort!

Nice job!

1 week later
    #787 1 year ago

Hi,
    I have own a United Team Shuffle shufflebowl. Recently, it sounds like the pin reset mechanism has gotten a little noisier/louder than usual. All the pins reset correctly. I am just concerned that possibly something is beginning to bind. Is there any area that I should pay attention to....any parts need occasional oiling?
    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Bruce

#788 1 year ago
    Quoted from shuffleshimmy:

Is there any area that I should pay attention to....any parts need occasional oiling?

Is there any area that I should pay attention to....any parts need occasional oiling?

On the Pin Reset motor (and also the Score Motor), the armature pulls in when energized
    (running), and springs back out when stopped. There's a little tail on the backside that
    you can see pulls in once energized. Putting a couple drops of light weight oil (I like using
    Remmington Gun oil) on the tail, then running the motor should not only help with the
    noise, but also maybe speed up the motor a little bit. Sometimes I first spray a little Thrust
    on the tail, run the motor, then a couple drops of the light weight oil..

#789 1 year ago

I serviced one recently which had a loud motor. The motor armature was also sticking on it's shaft, causing it to over run at times. Because of the position of the motor, it's a bit tricky to lube.
    If you don't have a pinpoint oiler (I didn't), moisten a cotton swab with the oil, and dab it on all the motor shaft ends. I used a lightweight synthetic oil.
    Make sure the armature slides freely on it's shaft because it needs to disengage from the drive when the motor is powered off.
    I wish I had some photos to post, but I don't. Can Mopar post some pix?

#790 1 year ago

Thanks guys. I applied a lightweight oil with a cotton swab. (I didn't want to overdo it). It does sound a little quieter. I'll play it for a couple of days and see how it sounds then.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

#791 1 year ago

It does sound a little quieter.

I use Freeall (don't like DW40 so much), but sometimes first spraying
    with Thrust, or P.B. Blaster, Freeall, ect., then energize the motor a few
    times, then a couple drops of light weight oil (Remmington Gun Oil contains
    teflon, likes to stick around), seems to work better.
    I wouldn't apply Trust (ect.) in the front, but a couple drops of light weight
    oil in the hole that's in the center of that black nut on the front side can also be a plus,
    but usually the small armature's tail in the rear is the key, (Trust, energize, then light weight oil)..
    Let us know..

#792 1 year ago

Should any of the other pivot points on the rods going to the pins be lubed also?
    Thanks

#793 1 year ago

Should any of the other pivot points on the rods going to the pins be lubed also?

As long as there's no plastic involved (so metal on metal) light weight oil won't hurt.
    As a rule, where the thick wire type rods wraps around the rod, I oil through the
    wraps to help prevent any dragging/grabbing, but any moving parts that's metal on
    metal light weight oil is fine. Oil on plastic will actually expand the plastic, and it
    really doesn't hurt too much unless it's close tolerance, but I try to keep it to a rule
    not to oil/lube anything containing plastic, nylon, ect. Only metal on metal..
    btw: For me, I sense Remmington Gun Oil (in a small bottle, not the aresal) being
    better than 3 in 1 and others..

#794 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestions Mopar.
    I did hit each metal-on-metal pivot point with a drop of light weight oil. I played the game for 45 minutes and the pin retraction appears to be quite a bit smoother.
    Thanks again!

#795 1 year ago

I did hit each metal-on-metal pivot point with a drop of light weight oil. I played the game for 45 minutes and the pin retraction appears to be quite a bit smoother.

Your welcome.
    Now the Pin Reset motor's revolution may be slightly faster (where it normally should be), and
    if some pins go back up after reset, that means the Score Motor is running slow and a couple
    drops of light weight oil should be applied on its armature's tail also so that the Score Motor
    operates fast enough to reset the Relay Bank before the pins reaches the totally reset position..

2 weeks later
    #796 1 year ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/140212[quoted image]

Bowler has been sold. I'm officially out of the club.

1 month later
    #797 1 year ago

Wanna join the club? It's not my listing, but over on usedrides.com somebody posted an ICE Ball for $1350:

https://www.usedrides.com/rides/222592

Listed in Farmingdale, NY.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my optical sensor upgrade for model H & S Skee Ball

1 week later
    #798 1 year ago

You guys out there that are into the history of Skee Ball, there is a great book called Seeking Redemption. Authors Thaddeus Cooper and Kevin Kreitman. An absolute fascinating story about the history of this game. I am not a reader by any means and love this book.

#799 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

You guys out there that are into the history of Skee Ball, there is a great book called Seeking Redemption. Authors Thaddeus Cooper and Kevin Kreitman. An absolute fascinating story about the history of this game. I am not a reader by any means and love this book.

i got a couple of copies of that book. but i haven't made it past like like the first chapter where the brothers start the company or whatever at the saw mill.

but it is a decent book and all that fun stuff.

#800 1 year ago

Well officially a member of the club again with the acquisition of what I have been told is a Phili Toboggan Co Model 45?? Was actually able to get it home in my Toyota Sienna. Had to have the hatch open about half way but no real issues! Looking forward to bringing this guy back to life cosmetically. It’s all complete so that is the best part. Ball surface is also in very decent shape given age soni think I will just clean that. It’s pushing 70 years old. It doesn’t have to look new but it will look sharp when I am done for sure. It will have to live in the garage but it is heated so should be an issue. Anyone have any leads on the actual wooden balls for this game?

There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.