Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240401_142414 (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    20240404_152452 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_8107661_2 (resized).jpg
    20240403_103813 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132353 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132033 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132028 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132018 (resized).jpg
    20240401_132013 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.
    #701 2 years ago
    Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Will you be starting up a Shuffle league? That could be fun.

If I could work my head around the logistics of it all and get everything running well, possibly.
    I’m new to everything and not here everyday to work on machines, so it’s gonna be awhile

#702 2 years ago
    Quoted from PochuckValley:

If I could work my head around the logistics of it all and get everything running well, possibly.
    I’m new to everything and not here everyday to work on machines, so it’s gonna be awhile

Shuffle league would be so much fun!

You’ll see people coming with their own customized pucks, like bowlers have their own balls.

#703 2 years ago

Just picked up two Williams gold mines (non working, one is supposedly complete) to add to my shuffle inn. At this point, I’ve decided I want to collect 6 Williams shuffles and place them side by side - league champs, strikemaster, alley cats, and top dawg still to come. Don’t ask why, I have no answer. Loving the way it looks so far.
    If anyone is looking to free up some space in north jersey area please let me know.
    [quoted image]

This looks awesome!

#704 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

Shuffle league would be so much fun!
    You’ll see people coming with their own customized pucks, like bowlers have their own balls.

I really want to make custom pucks per game.

I have an old junky puck that needs some help. Shouldn’t be too difficult to do in photoshop.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #705 2 years ago

I have an old junky puck that needs some help. Shouldn’t be too difficult to do in photoshop.[quoted image]

Maybe take some promo plastics from Mousin Around, Bad Cats and Junkyard and replace the red insert with a plastic. Should be good for Shuffle Inn, Alley Cats and Top Dawg.

0ACDD663-40F3-4D3E-BDA8-489BCB5FAB05 (resized).jpeg0ACDD663-40F3-4D3E-BDA8-489BCB5FAB05 (resized).jpeg5D213B59-4928-40AD-8853-1F9112178CFA (resized).jpeg5D213B59-4928-40AD-8853-1F9112178CFA (resized).jpeg952E6257-923C-498F-AB66-68A81D5EDCF9 (resized).jpeg952E6257-923C-498F-AB66-68A81D5EDCF9 (resized).jpeg
    #706 2 years ago

Anyone have an United Omni? Found this photo online, but I doubt the puck exists.

Kinda what I was thinking for other machines.

D0605688-B33D-41F6-B8BB-C9B64FBBA930 (resized).jpegD0605688-B33D-41F6-B8BB-C9B64FBBA930 (resized).jpeg
    #707 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

Maybe take some promo plastics from Mousin Around, Bad Cats and Junkyard and replace the red insert with a plastic. Should be good for Shuffle Inn, Alley Cats and Top Dawg.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those cat eyes would work perfect for alley cats. Anyone know of printers that print onto plastic?

#708 2 years ago

I opened up my shuffle inn and the battery section has been removed.

Is it only for high scores? Can I still install the cell battery mod ?

988656FA-9D16-43E0-9BB5-6D314A3A2AFA (resized).jpeg988656FA-9D16-43E0-9BB5-6D314A3A2AFA (resized).jpeg
    #709 2 years ago

I opened up my shuffle inn and the battery section has been removed.
    Is it only for high scores? Can I still install the cell battery mod ?[quoted image]

Don’t bother with cell batteries. Do the NVram chip. They work extremely well and never a worry for the next 30 years.

The batteries hold the high scores and all your settings for the game.

#710 2 years ago

I have an old junky puck that needs some help. Shouldn’t be too difficult to do in photoshop.[quoted image]

Some of the older games had branded pucks. Here are a couple from my 1950 United Skee Alley. I think my Bowlette had pucks with a Bowlette graphic also.

SkeePucks (resized).jpgSkeePucks (resized).jpg
    #711 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morinack:

The mechanical flip number games were on the original Philadelphia Toboggan Skee Ball machines.
    Good luck trying to track one of them down, they seem to get parted out quickly on ePay.
    I find that everywhere from Ohio and to the east is where the bulk of skees are found.
    You can search all of craigslist depending on how far you want to travel to get it. https://www.searchcraigslist.org/
    I got lucky that someone near me had the 13 foot Model S I was looking for. I was searching for a couple years.
    They tend to go quickly and depending upon what parts are missing and general condition prices can vary from $400-$2000.
    You just need to decide what it is worth to you.
    The correct balls will set you back if not there.

Thank you very much!!

#712 2 years ago

Does anyone know the scoring area angle for a skeeball model S? Looks to be 40-45 degrees?

#713 2 years ago

Pochuck Valley - your batteries are missing because the board already has NVRAM installed. U25

You don't need to do anything.

#714 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Pochuck Valley - your batteries are missing because the board already has NVRAM installed. U25
    You don't need to do anything.

Well that was nice of the previous owner. Where is it?

#715 2 years ago

Look at your posted pic. The NVRAM is U25. It is the chip that looks different from the rest. It has a little circuit board that plugs into the chip socket.

It’s to the left of the Shuffle Inn U27 rom. It has the brand name of the NVRAM maker stamped on the bottom of the circuit board.

#716 2 years ago

Question on a classic skee ball. Friend had the wire break on the 10 point switch. He still had the part that snapped off. Any good ideas to fix it with the part that broke, or would it be better to just replace the whole switch with a new wire?

#717 2 years ago

Without seeing a pic of the switch, if it’s a leaf type, he could get a replacement leaf, or just get a new switch. PBR, Marco, etc.

#718 2 years ago

Similar to this one. The wire on it snapped, so assuming the switch itself is fine. Wasn't sure if that wire can be removed and replaced with something else, or would it be better to just replace that whole switch with a replacement.

42013100 (resized).jpg42013100 (resized).jpg
    #719 2 years ago

You will need to replace the whole switch. Once the land (where the wire is soldered/connected) is broken off, there’s no repair.

You should be able to find a part # on the switch. Look it up on Mouser, Newark, etc. There’s so many variations that I doubt PBR or Marco would carry it, unless it’s widely used in pinball machines.

#720 2 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Similar to this one. The wire on it snapped, so assuming the switch itself is fine. Wasn't sure if that wire can be removed and replaced with something else, or would it be better to just replace that whole switch with a replacement.
    [quoted image]

https://twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=684

In my experience, attempts to replace the wire typically end in failure.
    It should be possible but a $3 switch is not worth an hour or two of my time.

#721 2 years ago

The actuator can be replaced with music wire - check the diameter with calipers. You can get several feet for under $10 at Hobby Lobby or any hobby store. The hard part, by far, is bending the wire into the shape needed to retain it on the switch.

3 weeks later
    #722 2 years ago

If anyone is looking to free up some space in north jersey area please let me know.

I've got a Chicago Coin Riviera (EM) is 100% complete but I haven't played it in some time, so needs som TLC. Currently not scoring strikes or spares, I just opened it up to see what I can see. There's a crack in the formica that does not effect the game play.

#723 2 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

I've got a United Riviera (EM) is 100% complete but I haven't played it in some time, so needs som TLC. Currently not scoring strikes or spares, I just opened it up to see what I can see. There's a crack in the formica that does not effect the game play.

Strikes and spares scoring is often separate step up units.
    Good cleaning and a little lube.
    Assuming all the bulbs are good.

#724 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morinack:

Strikes and spares scoring is often separate step up units.

They are, one for each player. This happens across all players.

Edit: problem identified. The game select unit needs a good cleaning.

#725 2 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

They are, one for each player. This happens across all players.

Is the 1-10 Relay (in the Relay Bank) energizing when all
    10 pins are made?

#726 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Is the 1-10 Relay (in the Relay Bank) energizing when all
    10 pins are made?

yup,

The problem is that the game select unit does not reset

#727 2 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Edit: problem identified. The game select unit needs a good cleaning.

Oh yes. For all the Step Ups would be beneficial..

#728 2 years ago

Hello all, Im having an issue with my Williams Shuffle Inn. Sometimes, the puck is played down the center and only the "inside pins 5,8,9" are registered. All the "outside" pins are standing after 2 throws making a "V" formation. This is becoming a pattern, to which i cant pinpoint the problem. If anyone has had or knows how to remedy this problem, please let me know!! Thank you in advance for all responses

#729 2 years ago

Back to 100%.

Cleaned the game selector unit, as it would step up, but was too gunked up to reset. It still didn’t work right, then I realized that the 1a slow-blo fuse protecting the reset coil was blown. Replaced it and all is well.

Quoted from DropTarget:

The problem is that the game select unit does not reset

A good cleaning and replacing the burnt fuse, all is good again.

#730 2 years ago
    Quoted from Philly76:

the puck is played down the center and only the "inside pins 5,8,9" are registered. All the "outside" pins are standing after 2 throws making a "V" formation.

So the #1 Relay in the Relay Bank isn't energizing. Assuming the rollover switches are okay,
    you might want to check the switches in the #1 Relay. When #1 is in the reset position,
    there's a set of switches that should be making contact that completes the circuit to its own
    relay. Then once energized, the switches open which breaks the #1 circuitry so the coil doesn't
    remain energized. If that set is dirty or not making true contact when reset, that circuit stays open..

#731 2 years ago

Mopar, thanks a lot for the advice, its good people like you who keep this community a great place to be

#732 2 years ago
    Quoted from Philly76:

Mopar, thanks a lot for the advice, its good people like you who keep this community a great place to be

Double vote on that. Mopar and a few like him are Invaluable lines of support and knowledge on these rather complicated and not well documented older games. Always appreciate the time and input they share to keep these treasures alive and assisting others.

#733 2 years ago

Didn’t Philly76 say he is having trouble with a Shuffle Inn? That’s a solid state game of the Williams system 11 variety.

Clean the roll over switches by polishing them with metal polish. Avoid filing them or using sandpaper. You might want to slide the alley out and flip it upside down for easy access. If you are fortunate enough to have the height you could flip the machine straight up in the air onto its back and pull up a chair and work comfortably. Make sure all of the fish paper insulators are intact.

#734 2 years ago

Hi,

Can anyone suggest where to get a replacement puck for a Williams strikemaster?

Thanks Martin

#735 2 years ago
    #736 2 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

Hi,
    Thanks Martin

I’d also recommend pinball resource. But if they are out of stock or do not carry certain items I’ve also found luck using suzo hap’s site. I was surprised to find that they stock a number of shuffle alley maintenance and repair items.

#738 2 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

Betson?

3 weeks later
    #739 2 years ago

How much is a project star dust shuffle bowler worth? Is it worth picking up?

#740 2 years ago

For those of you interested in learning about the history of skee ball, there is a great book I just started called Seeking Redemption. This is the holy grail in the game of skee ball. Highly recommend!!

#741 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

The thing that you need to keep in mind is the older e/m shuffle bowlers have a shit can of switches and related in them that if the game is not played regularly to keep those contacts clean, and there is a lot of them, the game will start to have issues. No different than say an e/m pin but with a ton more contacts!! Pictures would help for sure give a more accurate value ! Does it work? Is it complete? Overall condition. Really need more info to give you what you are seeking.

I do not ply my games very often, like working on them more than playing, and it my case a more modern shuffle alley was what fit my bill! Thing is a tank and rarely has any issues and I do not play it that often at all!! Food for thought!

G

#742 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Tricky call really.

Personally, I wouldn't pay over $100 if it looked even close to being functional and aesthetically in good shape. They seem to sell in the $100 - $300 for EMs. At least it has "Flash", but I'd want a solid 3 go to games. Regulation, Flash/Dual Flash, and some other game you're familiar with (Strike 90 is a good one in my opinion). I know this has a few games, but do YOU like them? Also glass/plastic won't be cheap to replace, so make sure it's all there.

They're also large and heavy. That sometimes helps negotiations. As in, I'll lug this thing out of your basement for free.

A project shuffle, as in, something isn't working...
    Challenges can be fun! Maybe it just needs a fuse? Or a coil is burnt? Could be an easy fix!

With that said, I wholly encourage diversity in a line up. And nobody seems intimidated by a puck bowler at parties.

Just an opinion, not gospel.

#743 2 years ago

I have had 3 shuffle bowlers in various states of playability and never paid over 300 for a single one. All were EMs. 1 was in great physical shape but poor electrical. Other was good electrical and medium physical and the one i kept was in great physical and poor electrical. I kept it cause it was a Skippy and had the big "digital" display on it.

#744 2 years ago

Joining the group in a few weeks with a Ice Ball
    Can’t wait
    Should be fun!

2 weeks later
    #745 2 years ago

Any Strike Master machines out there taking up space? Located in North NJ.

#746 2 years ago

Playcraft skee ball - any good or not worth the $$?

#747 2 years ago
    20220130_145745.jpg20220130_145745.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #748 2 years ago

Hey all,

I just launched a kickstarter for a new product that replaces the mechanical switches in model H and model S Skee Ball machines with optical sensors. If you want to check it out the link is https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-optical-sensors .

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model 78, D, E, H & S Skee Ball

#749 2 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Hey all,
    I just launched a kickstarter for a new product that replaces the mechanical switches in model H and model S Skee Ball machines with optical sensors. If you want to check it out the link is https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-optical-sensors .
    -Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model 78, D, E, H & S Skee Ball

just bought your display the other day and now backed this, cant wait to get rid of the switches.

#750 2 years ago
    Quoted from justinwebb:

just bought your display the other day and now backed this, cant wait to get rid of the switches.

Thanks for joining in! I'm pleasantly surprised the kickstarter reached 25% funding in just the first two days. I had been holding off launching the campaign until feedback came in from an arcade owner who has model H machines. Their feedback came in while I was on a "snowbird vacation" in Florida last week. It was so positive that I launched the campaign while I was still in Florida. The campaign ends just after TPF where I'm planning to have a working demonstration in my booth - hopefully that will close this on the "goal achieved" side.

-Rob

There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.