Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by phillymadison
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BB2FED39-8CEA-44DC-BE3E-3816C2BA6888 (resized).jpeg
    bowling-wall (resized).jpg
    53C098E8-4C9C-4370-B018-83747DB23FD7 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6549 (resized).JPG
    20210214_191811 (resized).jpg
    20210214_191832 (resized).jpg
    20201007_084527 (resized).jpg
    210-0 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20200928_215750336 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200928_215025935 (resized).jpg
    7FB2CA1A-22C8-4A8E-AD1F-D9060D8F8F58 (resized).jpeg
    6F55D3C0-E0C6-4D2C-83FF-75CFB70505C4 (resized).jpeg
    5374987B-3331-497A-9CD1-2B32CCDBD372 (resized).jpeg
    D3262949-29D0-44D6-BA43-AAFA2F79B946.jpeg
    C05A2635-9298-4A75-B1A6-B808D378DE5A.jpeg

There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
    #651 3 months ago

I was contacted by someone who wants to get his grandfather's United 4-Way puck bowler working. It has not worked for quite awhile. I looked at it via Facetime, and it is missing the reset bank coil. He said he had it, but it was burned up. He did not have a schematic, so I am at a loss of what the coil number would be. I have a bunch of coils, so I am hoping I would have one that would work, or at least a part number to start searching.

The machine was given to Grandpa by a "friend of the family" in the business. Interestingly, it has less than 1000 plays, and to start a game, you pulled on a cord attached to a relay. The coin box assembly is missing - probably to keep the machine from being out in the public.

I don't want to work on it, so if you're near Chatham, Illinois and are interested, PM me and I'll put you in contact with the owner. It will also need a power cord and will need to figure out why the reset coil burned up. If you have a schematic or a link, please let me know, too. Thanks

#652 3 months ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

I have a bunch of coils, so I am hoping I would have one that would work, or at least a part number to start searching.

I believe the 4 way is a late 50s machine. The Reset Bank Coil is 110V
    I very most likely have some, but I need to save them for Ball Bowlers
    that still need to be gone through.
    If he still has the old coil, it can be rewound. I've rewound 110V coils with
    the same wire I wind the 110V motors with, and it works fine.
    I'm sure Steve Young or one of those guys can help you out, but if you have
    an AC motor shop around, they should be able to take the old windings off,
    and put new on..

#653 3 months ago

Mopar -Thanks. Any idea on resistance of the coil after being wound?

The local motor shop tends to “lose” things, and after them losing the second special design motor, I’ve decided I’m done with them.

He still has the old coil so if the bobbin is still good, that sounds like the way to go.

Anybody out there know how to get hold of Bob Coker or is anyone out there who is willing to work on this machine?

#654 3 months ago

My wife have been looking for 10 foot model but the price is over 3k range. I don't look everyday but if someone know of a good deal here in Northeast area please let me know.

#655 3 months ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My wife have been looking for 10 foot model but the price is over 3k range. I don't look everyday but if someone know of a good deal here in Northeast area please let me know.

Not sure if you want shuffle or skee...but this caught my eye. 13ft tho.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1293236527745074/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A5c8ae40c-6406-485c-a48b-3931a50347b1

#656 3 months ago

Thanks for sharing I'm not sure if I can handle 13 feet long in basement

1 month later
    #657 54 days ago

Hey guys!
    I have 3 skeeballs from the 1970s im working on.
    They have been painted green at some point awhile back.

I DO plan to re cork but in the interest of time and money id like to have one up and running while i work on the rest (stripping the cork is such a battle. Have like, 10 hours in one right now).

My one lane is decent enough. Has a quarter size hole of cork missing at the end and thats it.

I am thinking of using silicone and putting a scrap piece into that hole from my lane im stripping.

I want to paint the lane as well.

Can you recommend a paint TYPE to use that will hold up like what is on here?

It doesnt need to hold up for a year, just a few months until I'm done corking the others. Then I'll swap this one into the shop and strip it down.

Thanks!!

#658 54 days ago
    Quoted from emk101:

It doesnt need to hold up for a year, just a few months until I'm done corking the others. Then I'll swap this one into the shop and strip it down.

If down the road you're going to strip it, why paint it?
    Just a little heads up. Other glues (such as glue for vinyl flooring)
    can be troweled on the beginning, but be sure to use contact cement
    a foot or so before and going up the ramp. Anything thicker will cause
    the ball to launch more flatly..
    I'm thinking it's the mechanical Skee-Balls you have.
    By any chance you live on the East Coast and would maybe like to trade
    one, I might have interest.

1 month later
    #659 2 days ago

Hi all! Has anyone used a modern ball release for their early 90’s Skeeball machine
    (Model S)? I know it should have a big arm that teeter totters. Mine is missing most of the parts for the ball release. I’m not trying to do a perfect restore just would like to have the balls roll down when you hit start. Saw this one on the official Skeeball parts site for a 2010 model in my head it seems like it would work lol. Thanks!

BB2FED39-8CEA-44DC-BE3E-3816C2BA6888 (resized).jpeg
    #660 1 day ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

Hi all! Has anyone used a modern ball release for their early 90’s Skeeball machine
    (Model S)? I know it should have a big arm that teeter totters. Mine is missing most of the parts for the ball release. I’m not trying to do a perfect restore just would like to have the balls roll down when you hit start. Saw this one on the official Skeeball parts site for a 2010 model in my head it seems like it would work lol. Thanks!
    [quoted image]

Should work fine. the rocker arm is to only advance 9 balls while actually loading more balls into the machine.
    This allows faster games to be played without waiting for 9 balls to return.

#661 1 day ago
    Quoted from Morinack:

Should work fine. the rocker arm is to only advance 9 balls while actually loading more balls into the machine.
    This allows faster games to be played without waiting for 9 balls to return.

Cool I didn’t know that and thanks for the response! Yea I don’t need faster ball loading. My machine is set for free play in my house for family and friends to play. And before anyone else says it… yes I know I don’t need this since it’s set to free play all the time in my house lol. Something about hearing that start up tune with the balls rolling down. Therapeutic

There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside