Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,038 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005618570 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005622583 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005628845 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240301_005611933 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4272 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.10.08?AM (resized).png
    IMG_6344 (resized).jpeg
    triacs (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240127_202029029 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240126_015737079 (resized).jpg

There are 1,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 21.
    #601 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-up:

I don't have the mini bulb boards. These machines both have the LED digit displays for the score and ball count. No need to replace those.

Actually that version is a common reason for customers asking for my new baffle-free design - that board fails and leaves the game with no display and no baffle. In these cases my new board breaks the "find an extremely rare LED 7 segment board" or "find a rare light baffle and downgrade to mini-bulbs" conundrum that probably led to unnecessary part-outs. The good news is PinBackpacker 's support pushed the campaign over the minimum to fund so my solution will be there when the need crops up.

-Rob
    -New product alert: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-ball-displays-redesigned-again

#602 3 years ago
    Quoted from IceT:

I just picked up this Williams/United Orion Shuffle Alley. It has a manufacture date of Feb 7, 1968. There is a piece missing that goes between the front metal play card panel and the alley. Can someone post a picture or diagram of what should be there? Better yet does anyone have the part available?
    Tim

Hi Tim,

This pic is from a 73 Liberty Bell (sheet metal removed).
    There is a rubber bumper that you can probably get from Steve over at pbresource.com.
    Your bumper may have been larger than mine though, As you can see, there is no separation in the wood as seen on yours.

Brian

20200820_121254 (resized).jpg20200820_121254 (resized).jpg
    #603 3 years ago

Other - For Trade
    “Trading or selling my 1930’s ski-ball machine called Score a Barrel. Game is a project and I don’t know if it works or not. Don’t know much about these type of machines. The ...”
    2020-08-20
    Richfield, MI
    Trade
    Archived after: 17 days
    Viewed: 110 times

Alright finally picked up this older ski-ball machine that needs some work, I think this ski-ball machine is pretty cool, but it's a little out of my wheel house to fix it. I'd rather just trade it for a pinball machine or sell it I guess. I open to all reasonable offers. PM for details

#604 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

I open to all reasonable offers. PM for details

Is the manufacturer of your machine Square Amusements? Years back, I restored one.
    Sending a PM.

#605 3 years ago
    Quoted from Morinack:

Your bumper may have been larger than mine though, As you can see, there is no separation in the wood as seen on yours.

Yea, I'm thinking the formica may have slid back. I'm pretty sure the formica should be able to be slide
    toward the front. One of the woodrail Shuffles I restored was missing the front rubber, and I was able to
    find and cut to fit a piece of rubber and contact it in place..

#606 3 years ago

I just happened upon this on Craigslist and found it odd. Two different ads for essentially the same machine by two different manufacturers. Now I knew United made a Twin Shuffle Alley but never new Chicago Coin made the same thing with a different glass!? Or maybe it's just a conversion glass for the United game? Any ideas?
    chicago.craigslist.org link

#607 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Alright finally picked up this older ski-ball machine that needs some work, I think this ski-ball machine is pretty cool, but it's a little out of my wheel house to fix it. I'd rather just trade it for a pinball machine or sell it I guess. I open to all reasonable offers. PM for details

That barrel hole at the top looks like a lot of fun

#608 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I just happened upon this on Craigslist and found it odd. Two different ads for essentially the same machine by two different manufacturers. Now I knew United made a Twin Shuffle Alley but never new Chicago Coin made the same thing with a different glass!? Or maybe it's just a conversion glass for the United game? Any ideas?

Looking at the photo of the Chicago Coin schematic I don't see "Chicago Coin" on it. They may have a United Twin schematic with a Chicago Coin Bowling Alley. But is sure is strange the the case graphics are the same. I think it requires an in person inspection to look for any other manufacture's identifying clues.

#609 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I think the Chicago Coin game is the wrong glass. I’m pretty sure it’s the same United Game. Chicago coin makes a “Bowling Alley” and that’s not it. Plus their backglasses don’t ever seem to remotely look like that. They have a specific style.

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=1143

#610 3 years ago

I am working on restoring an original 13 ft. Skee Ball machine model 67, circa 1967, that has the mechanical scoring system and the optional ticket dispenser, minus the "winner" light. I got the machine from the defunct Rocky Springs Park in Lancaster, PA but after finding a ticket hidden in the ticket dispenser from Old Towne in Toledo, Ohio I'm thinking Rocky Springs was not the original purchaser.

What I need help with:
    1) How high should the rear of the machine be from the floor to the bottom of the rear section where the legs are mounted?

2) The rubber foam type material that lines the scoring assembly, just below the score ring board, was totally dried out and falling off. It seams to have been 1/8" thick rubber foam that had adhesive on the material to keep it in place. Can anyone recommend a specific material for this application?

3) Concerning the silver/chrome stripe on the yellow covers on both sides of the alley. Does the stripe run the full length of the yellow covers? What is it's width and is it centered on the covers? Is the stripe silver or chrome in appearance?

4) Is there a source for the the plastic "banking" strip that is on both sides of the alley?

5) For those who have replaced their cork pieces with the Bangor Cork product, did you use their adhesive on all the cork or did you use something different? My original cork was all attached with a water soluble adhesive except for the ramp which I think was contact cement.

6) Any suggestions on where I may find a "winner" light?

7) Any suggestions on where or how to get a "Skee Ball" decal that is on the head on either side of the score viewing area?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
    Tim

#611 3 years ago

1. The rear of the machine should be 15.5" - 16" off the floor
    2. I replaced the material with 1/8" padding I got from a flooring company.
    3. The stripe runs the full length and is 1" wide.
    4. Philadelphia Taboggan Coasters now own Skee Ball. I'll give the number below.
    5. To replace the cork, I troweled (with teeth) a glue for flooring. The ramp I contact
    cemented. If you don't use Contact Cement (which is thinner) on the ramp, the balls
    won't launch properly..
    6. I need two that I have. I'll check if I have a 3rd.
    7. Philadelphia Taboggan Coasters along with the silver stripping, cork, and other Skee Ball
    materials. Their number is: (215) 799-2155

#612 3 years ago

Looking for a Kick a Poo if anyone has one they want to move or has a lead. Thanks.

#613 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Actually that version is a common reason for customers asking for my new baffle-free design - that board fails and leaves the game with no display and no baffle. In these cases my new board breaks the "find an extremely rare LED 7 segment board" or "find a rare light baffle and downgrade to mini-bulbs" conundrum that probably led to unnecessary part-outs. The good news is pinbackpacker 's support pushed the campaign over the minimum to fund so my solution will be there when the need crops up.

-Rob
    -New product alert: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-ball-displays-redesigned-again

The Kickstarter campaign ends in a couple hours - last chance to get in: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-ball-displays-redesigned-again

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#614 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Looking for a Kick a Poo

I had multiple of other Target Shuffles, but only know of two Kick-a-Poos.
    I'm thinkin' that one may take a little while to find..

#615 3 years ago

Hey, I joined this club!
    Got this Chicago Coin Caprice for free down in Jersey!

The woman’s uncle was an Elk, they had it in the Elks club until he brought it home, it sat in their basement till someone left the puck on a switch and cooked a relay.

Now I’ve got it! It seems to be in great condition, and it’s a lot of fun. It has the schematics and all the information from when it was bought which is pretty cool.

Where do you get the parts for these? The relay is thoroughly cooked, and it blew down fuses. The reset motor runs but it looks like it got pretty hot from the relay directly under it that cooked. There’s scorch marks on the wood.

I can still play a game if I start it manually. Any tips on how to properly maintain these? I’ve never owned one before but my family enjoys it a lot!

C05A2635-9298-4A75-B1A6-B808D378DE5A.jpegC05A2635-9298-4A75-B1A6-B808D378DE5A.jpegD3262949-29D0-44D6-BA43-AAFA2F79B946.jpegD3262949-29D0-44D6-BA43-AAFA2F79B946.jpeg
    #616 3 years ago

Congrats on the purchase.The cabinet looks pretty good!

While not a maintenance series I made several videos (21 videos and counting) when I completely went through my machine (United Embassy). In it there are several tips and tricks.

For parts - ebay, Facebook shuffle alley group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1829056463775012 and there's also St Louis ball bowlers. Ball bowlers share many of the same parts as shuffles.

#617 3 years ago

Anyone with experience hooking up a bill acceptor to a model S or H? I have an ICT BL700 that I cant get to start a game. Its getting voltage, and I've messed with the dip switches and wiring in every way I can think. This one had a 12v electronic coin mech before. Here is a link to the bill acceptor settings. Thanks!
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://na.suzohapp.com/images/pdf/BL-700-USD4.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjy9cDbxNrrAhUOTawKHRdTDrUQFjAKegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2sz-i-KCIagyFomRlzlfXl

#618 3 years ago

Here is my baby- a 1958 Bally Super Bowler. I got it in non-working condition and restored the mechanicals in the summer of 2019. It’s a turret bowler- the ball loads in the bottom of the turret and you press the lever to release/throw the ball when the oscillating turret is aimed where you want to throw.

The backglass was restored by BGResto. The cabinet is original and cleaned up fairly well.

Super Bowler has a random match feature- the white “Official Bowling Scores” area lights up when your last digit matches the random digit that lights up in the backglass.

5374987B-3331-497A-9CD1-2B32CCDBD372 (resized).jpeg5374987B-3331-497A-9CD1-2B32CCDBD372 (resized).jpeg6F55D3C0-E0C6-4D2C-83FF-75CFB70505C4 (resized).jpeg6F55D3C0-E0C6-4D2C-83FF-75CFB70505C4 (resized).jpeg7FB2CA1A-22C8-4A8E-AD1F-D9060D8F8F58 (resized).jpeg7FB2CA1A-22C8-4A8E-AD1F-D9060D8F8F58 (resized).jpeg

#619 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I had multiple of other Target Shuffles, but only know of two Kick-a-Poos.
    I'm thinkin' that one may take a little while to find..

I played one for years in Baraboo WI. Can't believe they are not sitting out there.

2 weeks later
    #620 3 years ago

6 foot machine refinished and taken its place next to the 10 foot.

IMG_20200928_215025935 (resized).jpgIMG_20200928_215025935 (resized).jpgIMG_20200928_215750336 (resized).jpgIMG_20200928_215750336 (resized).jpg
    #621 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

The Kickstarter campaign ends in a couple hours - last chance to get in: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-ball-displays-redesigned-again

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

Quick update - Having delivered all the rewards claimed from the campaign, I've added the new Baffle-free Skee Displays to my website (linked below) and I've posted a listing on eBay for them as well.

Baffle-free Skee Display in my Model SBaffle-free Skee Display in my Model S

-Rob

#622 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Quick update - Having delivered all the rewards claimed from the campaign, I've added the new Baffle-free Skee Displays to my website (linked below) and I've posted a listing on eBay for them as well.
    -Rob

Nice work Rob.
    I got mine installed easy peasy.
    Now just waffling on selling the old stuff.

Thanks for the work you do.
    Brian

#623 3 years ago

Anyone know of a Skee Ball machine for sale in the Allentown, PA area? Prefer the classic (non lightning or ice ball). 10' preferred as well.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

#624 3 years ago

Found this in my Father's things a long time ago.

20201007_084527 (resized).jpg20201007_084527 (resized).jpg
    #625 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Anyone know of a Skee Ball machine for sale in the Allentown, PA area? Prefer the classic (non lightning or ice ball). 10' preferred as well.
    Thanks in advance!
    Chris

It can be quite a hunt for a specific unit.
    Keep an eye on CL, Letgo, and FB MarketPlace.
    They seem to turn up there more than here.

2 months later
    #626 3 years ago

Are there any modern bowlers currently being made like the Williams ones. I really like the mechanical bowlers but don’t think I’d be able to maintain one with older tech, just don’t have the know how. A lot of them I see currently being made are virtual - roll into a screen.

#627 3 years ago
    Quoted from JSC:

Are there any modern bowlers currently being made like the Williams ones. I really like the mechanical bowlers but don’t think I’d be able to maintain one with older tech, just don’t have the know how. A lot of them I see currently being made are virtual - roll into a screen.

Short answer...I don't think so. I looked into getting a while back and here's where I ended up....

The Arachnid Disc Glo is the most modern comparison (https://www.gameroomshop.com/products/arachnid-spider-360-disc-glo-shuffleboard-bowling-home-arcade-game). I went through the entire "show us your gameroom" thread on pinside and messaged the people who had one. The common response was effectively "love it. it is my most played game at parties"

The last shuffle bowler made was the Paker Bohn III Pro Bowler (https://www.highwaygames.com/arcade-machines/parker-bohn-iii-8889/), which has a CRT tube in it. I have fond memories of, but most people seem to think it was inferior to the williams alleys.

Backing up before that, you have the last of the Williams shuffle bowlers: Strikemaster (guy translite) and League Champ (girl translite). These have a DMD and seem to be similar (sudden death frame in Strikemaster, I believe)
    https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/williams-strike-master-puck-bowler-for-sale.php
    ebay.com link: 1995 Williams League Champ Shuffle Alley Bowling Machine

I convinced myself that if I ever bought one I would go with the Strikemaster or League Champ.

But...my wife wanted something that didn't have a screen at all. So we ended up with a 12 ft sand shuffleboard table. It is my most commonly played game at parties

#628 3 years ago

I think I read somewhere that the original skee balls were over 30ft. Is that right? I'd love to see that if true.

#629 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I think I read somewhere that the original skee balls were over 30ft.

Yes, that's true. From Skee Ball's beginning (1909) to 1974, the mechanics remained basically
    the same, but the early Skee Balls were 36 ft. They shorten them because Ladies couldn't
    roll the ball over the ramp. Once they became 14 ft. (maybe in the 1930s) they remained that
    length for decades..

https://joeythecat.com/2016/08/23/the-history-of-skeeball/

1 week later
    #630 3 years ago

WILLIAM Strike Master Shuffle Ally Bowling game.
    Boonton NJ $799
    Needs work
    Hi I am selling my William Strike Master Shuffle Ally Bowling Game. This is a really nice machine ready for a new home. Has a few problems that I know of. I needs new board as acid leaked from batteries. I was told that this should fix sound issues as well. It also needs microswitch for start button. It is missing one prong that is designed to slide the puck over to bring pins up. It also need a new spring for one pin because it doesn't bring pin up all the way and the sound does not work which with the board being replaced should work. L Also has small cosmetic signs of wear. If you can fix this the machine is worth a lot more. I just do not have time to fix to try to fix it. If your interested in this bowling game please reach out to me with questions or an offer. I also have many more pictures of the machine if you would like them let me know. I could only put 10 on listing. Please reach out for if your interested in buying the bowlimg game. Thank you again and have a nice day. Would consider trading for a few kayaks.

#631 3 years ago

what's the current ballpark going rate for a used 10' skee ball classic, yellow & red?

3 weeks later
    #632 3 years ago

Anyone have a coin door for a Skee Ball S for sale? also correct wire hook up info for the ball count switch(three wires, red. black, white??) not sure which post they connect to micro switch, thanks

#633 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelt1:

Anyone have a coin door for a Skee Ball S for sale? also correct wire hook up info for the ball count switch(three wires, red. black, white??) not sure which post they connect to micro switch, thanks

* Pin 1 -- WHITE -- Switch N.C.
    * Pin 1 -- RED -- Switch COM
    * Pin 1 -- BLACK -- Switch N.O.

#634 3 years ago

thanks

#635 3 years ago

If this doesn't get a fella into the club, I don't know what will.

20210214_191811 (resized).jpg20210214_191811 (resized).jpg20210214_191832 (resized).jpg20210214_191832 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #636 3 years ago

What is an honest, fair value of a really nice original Skee Ball S, 13'(10' table)great shape, fully working, 100's pockets, ticket dispenser, coin,? thank you.

#637 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelt1:

What is an honest, fair value of a really nice original Skee Ball S, 13'(10' table)great shape, fully working, 100's pockets, ticket dispenser, coin,? thank you.

Honestly if it is nice I have seen them from $2500 - $3000 lately, and that is without the ticket dispenser.

Chris

#638 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Honestly if it is nice I have seen them from $2500 - $3000 lately, and that is without the ticket dispenser.
    Chris

I know the cost/demand has gone up, in fact, the only older original ones for sale I found are (I think) very over priced, 6-7k

#639 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelt1:

I know the cost/demand has gone up, in fact, the only older original ones for sale I found are (I think) very over priced, 6-7k

Kind of disagree unless your looking for something special. With Covid closing business by business I have found the price of these plummeted. Just joined the club yesterday with an almost new condition Beer Ball with 22" display for Half that price. Now I just have to get this monster down into the game room lol.

IMG_6549 (resized).JPGIMG_6549 (resized).JPGIMG_6550 (resized).JPGIMG_6550 (resized).JPG
    #640 3 years ago

Must be an East Coast thing. Every skee ball I've seen has been $3k or higher lately.

#641 3 years ago

Had to take apart the entire back cabinet to get it down into the basement but finally done. My daughter is loving it. Great fun.

53C098E8-4C9C-4370-B018-83747DB23FD7 (resized).jpeg53C098E8-4C9C-4370-B018-83747DB23FD7 (resized).jpeg
    #642 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Had to take apart the entire back cabinet to get it down into the basement but finally done. My daughter is loving it. Great fun.
    [quoted image]

They are a blast, I'll bump into people that say they remember my house when they were kids(son's birthday party's), they always mention the skee ball.

#643 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boslaw:

Must be an East Coast thing. Every skee ball I've seen has been $3k or higher lately.

I see the “ice ball” skee balls on average for about $1200 in our area. I saw someone the other day selling two for $900 each. There seems to be a ton of them around.

#644 3 years ago

They're so big and heavy it's just prohibitive. Small buyer's market I'd think. Much like a ball bowler.

More people have played skee ball than ball bowlers I'm certain, so the nostalgia is there.

If I had the room I'd have both, but as it stands, my bowler is firmly planted.

That doesn't mean I don't do local searches for cheap skee balls mind you!

#645 3 years ago

Shuffle and skee ball corner in my game room. Ball bowler for good measure.
    bowling-wall (resized).jpgbowling-wall (resized).jpg

#646 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelt1:

Yeah, it really depends on what condition you consider "really nice" or "great shape" and how much work you are willing to put into it. Also how patient you are for one to pop up. The one i landed needed a little work, but she is fully operational now and original purchase price was $500. Right place - right time! I have the ticket dispenser but have not hooked it up or bought tickets.

#647 3 years ago

Maybe someone can help me here. I recently acquired a United Nugget shuffle alley. The forum topic is here. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/united-nugget-alley-r#post-6169935

2 months later
    #648 2 years ago

Anyone know of a working used Parker Bohn Shuffel Alley Board? Mine is not working and need to look at replacing.

#649 2 years ago

Hey everyone, I have a Skeeball Xtreme I need to sell due to an upcoming move. If you know of anyone interested, please shoot me a PM. Somewhat related, I also have a 10' shuffleboard table to find a new home. Located in Bennington, VT 05201 - thanks!

#650 2 years ago
    Quoted from ozuba:

Hey everyone, I have a Skeeball Xtreme I need to sell due to an upcoming move. If you know of anyone interested, please shoot me a PM. Somewhat related, I also have a 10' shuffleboard table to find a new home. Located in Bennington, VT 05201 - thanks!

Googles Skee Ball Extreme. How much?

There are 1,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.