Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,038 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by nsduprr
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_6404a (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004005891 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004931513 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240314_004658191 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005640555 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005618570 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005622583 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240309_005628845 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240301_005611933 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4272 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 8.10.08?AM (resized).png
    IMG_6344 (resized).jpeg
    triacs (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240127_202029029 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240126_015737079 (resized).jpg

There are 1,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 21.
    #501 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Does anyone own a puck bowler? I used to play one when I was a kid, and have been looking for one for a few years, but I haven't run across any.

Sure, they turn up for sale all the time. Just depends on what era you want and if you want a project or not.
    I thought this one looked like a nice deal but almost 3 hours from you.
    wausau.craigslist.org link

#503 4 years ago

Hit up facebook market place. Search shuffle alley, bowling machine, bowling game. And yes I own one (not for sale)

20191111_204331 (resized).jpg20191111_204331 (resized).jpg20191111_204606 (resized).jpg20191111_204606 (resized).jpg
    #504 4 years ago

It wasn't a bowler with pins, I should have stated it more clearly.

It was a ski ball game but the ball was a heavy metal puck. Waist high, you would slide the puck down a lane (not as long as a bowler lane), it would slide under a piece of curved glass than it was a normal ski ball target (circular rings). There was a piece of plastic on each circular hole, and when it made it in, the plastic would be pushed down (like a lever) that would score your points. Was analog, probably late 60's/early 70's?

I've never seen one to this day and would snap it up in a heartbeat.

#505 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It was a ski ball game but the ball was a heavy metal puck. Waist high, you would slide the puck down a lane (not as long as a bowler lane), it would slide under a piece of curved glass than it was a normal ski ball target (circular rings). There was a piece of plastic on each circular hole, and when it made it in, the plastic would be pushed down (like a lever) that would score your points. Was analog, probably late 60's/early 70's?

Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame had one last time I was there, very cool

#506 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

There are 100's of puck bowlers for sale, were you looking for a specific one? The one you are talking about is called a "Targette". There is 1 for sale by you, and another in Kansas.

#507 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I have the early version of that. Was a big hit last weekend with some kids that came over for my grandson's birthday. I found a sheet they made on their own to have a tournament.

They made some other variations later on. United Kickapoo and Venus, others. That's probably what you have in mind. There was a Venus for sale on Facebook not too long ago within driving distance.
    SkeeAlleyD (resized).jpgSkeeAlleyD (resized).jpg
    Venus (resized).jpgVenus (resized).jpg

#508 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlerguy:

There are 100's of puck bowlers for sale, were you looking for a specific one? The one you are talking about is called a "Targette". There is 1 for sale by you, and another in Kansas.

I currently have a CCM Majestic ball bowler but would be seriously tempted with a minty Laguna Beach shuffle alley

#509 4 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I have the early version of that.

As far as I know Alex, your Skee Alley is the only light scoring Shuffle Target game.
    I'd have to say the first of Skee Ball shuffles..
    I had a couple Playboys, a Comet, and a few Venuses and still have a Kick-a-Poo, 5th Inning,
    and a Venus which I would sell or trade but I'm in Upstate N.Y.

Quoted from Methos:

Was analog, probably late 60's/early 70's?

I thinking the only 2 made in the 60s were Playboy (1961 I believe) and Kick-a-Poo
    from 1965 by Williams after they bought United.
    Either of these look familiar?

IMG_0716 (resized).JPGIMG_0716 (resized).JPGIMG_0848 (resized).JPGIMG_0848 (resized).JPG
    #510 4 years ago

I was gonna say I have 2 puck bowler and a small ball bowler projects that I need out of my garage. 300 OBO and you must take all 3.

#511 4 years ago

Shuffle "targette" seems to be the common name applied to that style. Kick-a-poo appears to have been popular.

#512 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

As far as I know Alex, your Skee Alley is the only light scoring Shuffle Target game.
    I'd have to say the first of Skee Ball shuffles..
    I had a couple Playboys, a Comet, and a few Venuses and still have a Kick-a-Poo, 5th Inning,
    and a Venus which I would sell or trade but I'm in Upstate N.Y.

I thinking the only 2 made in the 60s were Playboy (1961 I believe) and Kick-a-Poo
    from 1965 by Williams after they bought United.
    Either of these look familiar?[quoted image][quoted image]

It's really close to Kick a Poo - same concept, the one we played I think was a bit newer. Were there any that came out maybe in the 70's?

#513 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Were there any that came out maybe in the 70's?

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking Kick-a-Poo is the last machine made of its type, or at least
    the last EM of its type. Seems like there's not many around, but there may have been in the
    late 60s/early 70s.
    It's not really an attractive looking machine (or at least not to my eyes), but the reason I kept
    the Kick-a-Poo set up is because unlike the others, Kick-a-Poo has the option that if you shoot
    the puck in the center pocket, the player "Shoots Again". A huge plus for it's playability..
    Maybe this feature will spark a memory, but as far as I know, another of its kind hadn't been
    made after..

#514 4 years ago

I have a few broken pins on a mid 1950's united chief shuffle bowler. These are the shorter 8-1/4" tall pins....not so easy to find. Any leads on individual pins or a full set is appreciated.

#515 4 years ago
    Quoted from bbriese:

I have a few broken pins on a mid 1950's united chief shuffle bowler. These are the shorter 8-1/4" tall pins....not so easy to find. Any leads on individual pins or a full set is appreciated.

8.5" On Ebay.
    https://tinyurl.com/rf4qzry

#516 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking Kick-a-Poo is the last machine made of its type, or at least
    the last EM of its type. Seems like there's not many around, but there may have been in the
    late 60s/early 70s.
    It's not really an attractive looking machine (or at least not to my eyes), but the reason I kept
    the Kick-a-Poo set up is because unlike the others, Kick-a-Poo has the option that if you shoot
    the puck in the center pocket, the player "Shoots Again". A huge plus for it's playability..
    Maybe this feature will spark a memory, but as far as I know, another of its kind hadn't been
    made after..

Maybe it is that one. I haven't seen it in 37 years, so my memory might be a bit off. But it is close.

Do they ever come up for sale?

#517 4 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

8.5" On Ebay.

That starting price is a good deal. I've seen them go for much more..

#518 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Do they ever come up for sale?

I've had four Venuses and a couple Playboys. Could be others, but I know of
    only one other Kick-a-Poo. I would have kept the Playboy if I hadn't stumbled
    upon the Kick-a-Poo in this old Vendor's huge 3 story warehouse..
    Another thing about Kick-a-Poo is that there's a choice of four different games
    to play compared to two (Advance & Flash) on the others with multiple games..
    Venus (which I believe is the first to have multiple games) seems to be more
    likely to be able to acquire. It plays pretty much the same as the others including
    Kick-a-Poo..

#519 4 years ago

I just snagged them. Thx for the heads up!

#520 4 years ago

I came across this by accident. Here is your Kick-a-poo from Billboard Magazine January 1966. Billboard is pretty coin-op heavy back then. The issue it came from is here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=DykEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA66&lpg=PA66&dq=s%26s+amusement+toms+river+nj&source=bl&ots=AdvXfm7JA5&sig=ACfU3U25Lx2wpOdKwEuxbg267pKuZG-E7Q&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwikqISYsazmAhVqmeAKHWn4CPcQ6AEwBHoECAYQAQ#v=onepage&q=s%26s%20amusement%20toms%20river%20nj&f=false
    4E9C3A1A-DBD0-4F79-A16B-7DADE529321F (resized).jpeg4E9C3A1A-DBD0-4F79-A16B-7DADE529321F (resized).jpeg

#521 4 years ago

Why is it under the "United" name? Was that an offshoot of Williams?

#522 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Why does it say "United" for the game?

United was such a giant in shuffles, after Williams bought them, they kept the
    United name. They placed a metal tag on the back door saying "Williams Electronics"
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they kept the United name right up until they
    went to solid state..

#523 4 years ago

Mopar ever have a machine with a Lazy Susan? The other machine is something I’ve never seen.

B92569B8-DAEA-4F44-AFB5-079983303D3A (resized).jpegB92569B8-DAEA-4F44-AFB5-079983303D3A (resized).jpeg0399E6E3-32FC-4F7B-B98E-ACD12AFD9D93 (resized).jpeg0399E6E3-32FC-4F7B-B98E-ACD12AFD9D93 (resized).jpeg
    #524 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

mopar ever have a machine with a Lazy Susan? The other machine is something I’ve never seen.

I had never seen a Top Brass either. Could be something interesting.
    I do like some of those non-bowler shuffles.
    Yes, Chicago Coin's Goose Neck bowler with the swivel head. I've had
    a few of them and still have three..
    Between 3 close small towns, in the late 90s, I had 5 of them out and
    we had a traveling bar to bar league. It was a good time until a (corrupt)
    vendor bought out the Vendor that was in those 5 Taverns and screwed
    everything up, including the long time Pool League which was also a
    good time..
    I only do it on the side and still have a few small ball bowlers out, but
    also still have a 20 ft. Lazy Susan out in the local VFW..
    As odd as it may sound, as much as I dislike those repair calls, I'd miss
    them even more..

IMG_0404 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0404 (1) (resized).JPG
    #525 4 years ago

Does anyone know a good source for flyers for a lot of these old machines? I know some of the pins on the IPDB have some posted along with their information but skeeball, bowlers, etc. are a whole different thing. Does anyone even care about flyers for that matter?

#527 4 years ago

Hi! Looking for one peg leg for my United shuffle bowler(pinnacle) anyone got one laying around? Any condition!

69C8346E-640C-4148-9232-2D707E71D42E (resized).jpeg69C8346E-640C-4148-9232-2D707E71D42E (resized).jpegF9BEA0BA-A245-4ECF-9D32-A3D9515212A0 (resized).jpegF9BEA0BA-A245-4ECF-9D32-A3D9515212A0 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #528 4 years ago

Took a Skee Ball Lightning (N1C prefix) as $500 in trade value towards a few pins I sold recently, so now I've got both a bowler and skee ball! It's well used but complete, and everything important (e.g. carpet, scoops, display) is in decent shape. Wasn't working when received but it was a pretty easy fix up. Needed a new power supply, couple of connectors redone, and one of the optos is flaky and could use replacement. I'm going to make some plexiglass side guards too, the wire cage came with it but is hideous due to a bad repaint job and a ton of busted welds and fatigue tears. Pretty good find all told, about the only reasonable deal on a skee ball machine I've ever heard about let alone been able to exercise personally. They'll still make plenty of money in bars so anything publicly advertised starts at over a thousand and quickly goes higher for a nice example. Going to be fun to dial in my game on this thing

DSC_1970 (resized).JPGDSC_1970 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #529 4 years ago

Looking for some advice on moving an 80's williams shuffle alley. I haven't been able to find many photos of these things being moved. Once disassembled will a shuffle alley fit in the bed of a full sized pickup?

From what I've seen it looks like I should be able to fit it in the bed with tailgate down?

Thanks, might be joining the club soon!

#530 4 years ago

You might get some useful info on Todd Tuckey’s ( TNT Amusements) You Tube Channel. There is a video showing how to disassembling and packing a shuffle alley.

#531 4 years ago

Any suggestions what a non operated strikemaster would be valued at? It is the nicest one I've ever seen. No wear on the coin door and even has the test tickets in the dispenser. Have all the manuals and spare pins that came with it. Boards look like new. Had it since the 90's and it's used but very infrequently.

#532 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brich:

Hi! Looking for one peg leg for my United shuffle bowler(pinnacle) anyone got one laying around? Any condition![quoted image][quoted image]

You might try Chris at St Louis Ball Bowlers

#533 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Looking for some advice on moving an 80's williams shuffle alley. I haven't been able to find many photos of these things being moved. Once disassembled will a shuffle alley fit in the bed of a full sized pickup?
    From what I've seen it looks like I should be able to fit it in the bed with tailgate down?
    Thanks, might be joining the club soon!

I fit one (a Taurus) in my Transit Connect with one back door ajar since the main lane piece was too long to fit otherwise. Should easily fit in a full size pickup. They break down quite a bit.

DSC_1486sm (resized).jpgDSC_1486sm (resized).jpg
    #534 4 years ago

I got my Williams Top Dawg into my RAM ProMaster City van, which I think is very close to the same as the above Transit Connect. I managed to close all doors by putting the lane in diagonally, with the passenger seat all the way forward. I then used the remaining sections as puzzle pieces to fill in any remaining gaps. If I'd picked it up within 20 miles I'd probably have left the door open, but it was over 300 miles back.

#535 4 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

Any suggestions what a non operated strikemaster would be valued at? It is the nicest one I've ever seen. No wear on the coin door and even has the test tickets in the dispenser. Have all the manuals and spare pins that came with it. Boards look like new. Had it since the 90's and it's used but very infrequently.

They usually go for around $1000-1200. So if it's in great condition, maybe $1200-1400 depending on your location and local market.

#536 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoPinfan:

They usually go for around $1000-1200. So if it's in great condition, maybe $1200-1400 depending on your location and local market.

Disagree. I see them sit at 1k. At 800 they eventually sell. I paid less than that for mine.

#537 4 years ago

I just picked up a Williams Shuffle Inn. What number wax is everyone using? I've seen recommendations to use everything from the slowest #7 to fasted #1 sunglo waxes.

#538 4 years ago

Welcome! The main thing I have found is to clean and wax the alley - then spray lightly with silicone spray and buff that in. Then use a medium powder or what ever your favorite retailer sells. Pinball Resource sells this and it works fine for me.1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

The puck will fly.

#539 4 years ago

I clean with Lemon Pledge, but I'm sure waxing would be a plus.
    I use Sun-Glo Speed 3 on shuffle alleys, and Speed 2 on the shuffle board,
    but first cleaning is the key..

1 week later
    #540 4 years ago

Any of you who want to order a new cork bed for their Skeeball, I have the following links for both the bed and the best glue to hold it down...all for under $150! Todd Tuckey from TNT Amusements
    To order a new Skeeball Playfield Mat, the website is https://www.bangorcork.com/24-x-1-4-Colored-Cork-Roll-Cut-to-Length_5?quantity=1&custcol2=13&custcol1=12&keywords=bc24c When you click on the hyperlink it takes you to the color and the 8 ft preorder length if you have a ten foot skeeball...if you have a 13 ft skeeball you will need 11 ft. Here is a link for the correct glue--a quart size--that works PERFECT!
    https://www.bangorcork.com/L910-W-Adhesive?quantity=1&custcol3=2

#541 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Any of you who want to order a new cork bed for their Skeeball

Is that the OEM?

#542 4 years ago

Hi Guys!

Here's my little arcade corner. I picked up 2 S Model SkeeBalls for $500. Had to drive a LONG way to get them, but couldn't pass it up. I put all the working parts together to get one machine working quickly....so now I either have a lot of spare parts, or a second machine I can try to get running. I'm here doing research on a few other games - would love to add a Puck Bowler, or an older "Pitch and Hit" style game.

(other games are a Pole Position, and Multiple MAME games in a Pole Position cabinet)

Bobby

basement (resized).jpgbasement (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #543 4 years ago

While looking for parts I noticed that the Williams Shuffle Inn had a "deluxe" version. It appears the deluxe came with a beacon light on top similar to high speed. I can't find anything describing what standard vs deluxe included other than parts listings for the beacon and one old sale posting (attached).

Does anyone know all the differences included with the 'deluxe'? Has anyone added the beacon light to a non-deluxe game? (I have not dug into schematics yet to see if there's any pinouts labeled for this yet)

shuffle inn deluxe (resized).pngshuffle inn deluxe (resized).png
    #544 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

While looking for parts I noticed that the Williams Shuffle Inn had a "deluxe" version. It appears the deluxe came with a beacon light on top similar to high speed. I can't find anything describing what standard vs deluxe included other than parts listings for the beacon and one old sale posting (attached).
    Does anyone know all the differences included with the 'deluxe'? Has anyone added the beacon light to a non-deluxe game? (I have not dug into schematics yet to see if there's any pinouts labeled for this yet)[quoted image]

Cool, I didn't know about the light. The flyer only mentions the light - not a separate version of the game.

The flyers can be found at https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&db=arcadedb&id=194

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
    #545 4 years ago

The DELUXE meant there was a ticket dispenser in the front...while it dispensed tickets to the lucky children, the beacon went off...the kids went NUTS for it!!!! (Actually they didn't...it was a complete and total disaster. Children do NOT want to play shuffle bowling. When we sell these machines (we have sold OVER 800 into the home market), the ADULTS love it...the kids begrudgingly stare at it.

#546 4 years ago

Thanks for the info Todd! Do you recall if the beacon was active at any other time during gameplay?

BTW I appreciate all of your videos on shuffle alleys. Easily the best source of shuffle alley games available online.

1 week later
    #547 4 years ago

Always been a fan of shuffle alleys and Skeeball.
    Picked up a Liberty Bell in the Fall,

Liberty BellLiberty Bell

She was inoperable and now plays like a champ.

Recently began restoring a United Banner i got a little over a month ago.

New HomeNew Home

After many hours of work (cleaning) she is fully operational.
    Had to cut a new coin door.
    Now I get to move on to cosmetics.

New LexanNew Lexan

With the hood up.With the hood up.

Always on the look out for a 13' Skeeball lane. Had one back in NY in the late 90s.

2 months later
    #548 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy new parts for my fire ball Skee-Ball Machine? Please pm me if you have any information! I know bay tech has them but seems over priced. Thank you in advance

#549 3 years ago
    Quoted from shane63026:

Does anyone know where I can buy new parts for my fire ball Skee-Ball Machine?

Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters. These guys bought Philadelphia Toboggan Co. (Skee Ball)
    (215)799-2155 They're prices may be a little up there also..

#550 3 years ago

Williams Top Dawg shuffle bowler. Dumb question, but what's the trick to getting more slack on the underside power switch, so I can replace it?

shuffle switch (resized).jpgshuffle switch (resized).jpg
    There are 1,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.