4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Phaedrus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shuffleboard Button wiring (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Greetings,
    Not sure i'm even qualified to ask the right questions but here it goes.
    I have a (new to me) vintage Coin Operated Marvel Shuffleboard score board.
    Issue: Neither of the Red push buttons activate the Red scoring stepper... UNLESS I push and hold one of the Blue Scoring Push buttons.[Of course this means every time Red scores...Blue gets a point; which doesn't seem fair)
    Blue works fine on its own though.

So I think it has something to do with the common wire (TBH: I barely know what that means).
    I'm looking for help from this community in understanding where I should expect the related wires go (there are so many tightly packed little wires to follow) or at least which wires should I be tracing to see if I can spot something disconnected, dirty, broken etc.

I've included an image with a quasi legend of the things I thought might be related or helpful.
    (1) I think the common wire tracks to position (2) [I think]
    (3) One of those white wires connected to the Blue scoring stepper coil is screwed into the cabinet (ground?)
    (4) like the blue stepper...there are 2 wires connected to the red scoring stepper coil. (I don't see one of them being screwed into the cabinet like I do on the blue one.)

As you can see, and likely based on your experience with EM, the cabinet is quite vintage and is loaded with wires, i'm trying to minimize what i touch until I get better at this.

Can you suggest where I should look and what I might look for?
    Great appreciated

Shuffleboard Button wiring (resized).jpgShuffleboard Button wiring (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Welcome to Pinside ... may be best to post question here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/em-arcade-games

lots of great information here http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#3 4 years ago

Thanks very much.
    I've reposted in the EM-arcade-games forum
    Cheers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffle-score-board-marvel?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.