7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by nomo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4400 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4341 (resized).JPG
    armature (resized).jpg
    wheel-new (resized).jpg
    score-wheel (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I have a shuffle Alley that won't register score and won't move to second frame. When starting a game all 6 players will reset to zero except player ones thousand unit. If I spin the score unit stepper the pins will reset but no score. Any ideas?

#2 7 years ago

Have you started with the obligatory cleaning of all the steppers and score reels per Clay's guide?

If you're not registering scores, then you most likely won't be advancing frames but really it's a crap shoot to try and diagnose one issue without at least cleaning all the steppers, jones plugs, & score wheels.

Other things to look for: burned out coils, disconnected/broken wires, etc. Any more details on what you have maybe already tried or ruled out will help us provide more insights.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks, I believe I will begin "OBLIGATORY" this Sunday. I do know that some of the steppers do not return to the home position without a little help!! I appreciate the help.

#4 7 years ago

I recently acquired a 1963 United Astro Shuffle Alley. Similar issues, the score wheels were all gummed up. Looks like someone used grease on them years ago, and they were all dried up. I had to do the cleaning on 18 score wheels (6 players) plus the frame counted. Additionally another one of the rotary switches. It took two evenings about 10 hours, and a few beers. The results were great and the machine is totally playable now! Does anyone know where I can get parts for the scoring wheels? I think they are the same or similar to Williams of the same era. I have one that needs the solenoid plunger and one of the plastic levers. I think I can fix the lever if I had a plunger. I could use one new score wheel also. Let me know what you have or where to look. Thanks

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from nomo:

I think they are the same or similar to Williams of the same era. I have one that needs the solenoid plunger and one of the plastic levers. I think I can fix the lever if I had a plunger. I could use one new score wheel also

Are either of these score wheels similar to yours from the 1964 Williams parts catalog?

wheel-new (resized).jpgwheel-new (resized).jpg

score-wheel (resized).jpgscore-wheel (resized).jpg

On the new 10 step unit picture at the bottom there is the A-6295 drive pawl & armature piece - perhaps that is what you need? I'd call/email Steve @ PBR with those part numbers and your game info. I had luck ordering a few parts for my Williams/United Cape Code shuffle that way.

1964 Williams parts catalog score wheels (5 pages)

If your 10-step units for the score wheels don't look like either of the options below, maybe the 1962 parts catalog is a closer match (but based on your description I think the '64 parts are closer).

armature (resized).jpgarmature (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure your Astro haves a white plastic score wheel, right. Let us
    know it's diameter. I should have a score reel unit for you.. (T)

#7 7 years ago

Thanks Steviechs, it's not like the top one, as it doesn't have the outer teeth. It's more like the bottom one, but Mopar is correct, it's plastic. Attached is a photo. Mopar, the wheel is 5 inches in diameter. Let me know what you find. Thanks nomo

IMG_4341 (resized).JPGIMG_4341 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from nomo:

Let me know what you find. Thanks nomo

Yeah, I have a unit for you. I went through it and it works freely..
    If you PM me your mailing address I'll see about getting it sent
    out to you this weekend.. (T)

#9 7 years ago

I received some parts from Pin Resource and Flippers.com for my bowler. But most of all, thanks to the help from Mopar. I now have a fully working 6 player United Astro Shuffle Bowler!

IMG_4400 (resized).JPGIMG_4400 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffle-alley?hl=boltronix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.