5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rick3658
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

When I turn machine on the re set coil makes noise. Should when it turned on just back glass light come on. I am new to this any thoughts ? Thank you

1 week later
    #2 5 years ago

Have you done any preliminary checks like fuses, credits on game, connections? What game is this BTW

#3 5 years ago

1) fuses all good
    2)player one and two score does not go to all zeros
    3) not sure part of it or not but pin set motor keeps running
    4) there is a red wire by coin slot off i did hook it up no differance so took it back off
    5) i did install a on/off toggle switch it was missing.
    I would like any thought as to what it could be while thinking about it i have been cleaning contacts
    this is leaders chicago united 1953

#4 5 years ago

You may want to start with the score reels, probably a switch contact. Compare a working one to a failing one.

#5 5 years ago

thank you i will start looking there

#6 5 years ago

Yes, on the score reels, one switch opens only when the reel is in the "0" position, and the other
    switch should close only when on "9". The hundred's reel only has one set of contacts that should
    open only when in the "0" position..
    Also, check the 3 Score Reset Relays for cleaning and gap. They're also inside the back door..
    For the Pin Reset motor, make sure that the run out switch that rides on the cam is opening when
    it falls into the cam's notch. If it does, make sure that the Pin Reset Relay is not staying energized,
    or at least isn't in the energized position before the Pin Reset motor complete's its revolution (which
    is when the cam's notch reaches and opens the set of contacts). The Pin Reset Relay should be de-energized
    well before that point..
    If all checks out, compress a small amount of pressure on the Pin Reset motor's cam, and see if
    the motor stops running when the switch travels into the notch. If it does, a spring is missing off of
    the cam and the other end off of a screw (or bracket) on the Pin Unit's board..

#7 5 years ago

thank you let me try this over weekend

#8 5 years ago

i did look at scoring wheels and for sure the first two players need a lot of cleaning and oiling i am work on it as i have time

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffle-alley-start-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.