(Topic ID: 220933)

Shuffle Alley blows fuse when idle

By shuffleshimmy

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have a United shuffle bowler and have become familiar with most operations. My friend has an older model (1951) that has begun blowing the main fuse. It has not done this the previous 10 years that he's owned it. This only happens when the machine is turned on and then not played for 1-2 hours. After that amount of time sitting idle the fuse blows. If the machine is turned on and played right away the fuse does not blow.
    I will be going to my friend's house this weekend and attempt to trouble shoot the problem. Can anyone give advice as to where I should start looking?
    Thank you

#2 5 years ago

Maybe the game over hold relay coil?

#3 5 years ago

Thank you....I'll check that first.

#5 5 years ago

The main 110V fuse is blowing, or the fuse for the 30V circuit(s)..

#6 5 years ago

HowardR thanks much for the link. I had considered getting a mini breaker but could not find one locally.

#7 5 years ago

Mopar,
    All i know right now is that he said the machine shuts down completely when the fuse blows. He was not sure if the amperage was 1A or 10A. He lives 150 miles away. I'll get there Saturday and take a look.

#8 5 years ago

Circuit breakers are handy for finding shorts but beware that they generally have slower reaction times than fuses:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-draw-misbehaving-#post-4482395

/Mark

#9 5 years ago

Mark,
    Thanks for the warning.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from shuffleshimmy:

He was not sure if the amperage was 1A or 10A.

On the United Shuffles with 8" pins, the main line (115V) takes a 10A fuse, and the 30V circuit
    takes a 20A. The earlier United Shuffles with the 6" pins (which I believe is what the 1951 has), I'm
    pretty sure takes the same fuse size..

#11 5 years ago

Thanks again Mopar. I do know that his machine has the smaller pins. He mentioned that replacement pins that size are impossible to find.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffle-alley-blows-fuse-when-idle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.