(Topic ID: 300582)

Shroud collecting pinball and on Pinside.

By hool10

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by srt-8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 2 years ago

You may have heard Michael Grzesiek or "Shroud" and him watching Dead Flip recently. Tonight I would argue he is the other *major* celebrity to get into pinball fully aside from Jeffree Star or Ed Robertson in recent memory. While Stern Godzilla was being played he held a stream watch party of Dead Flip and answered viewer questions about pinball.

For those that don't know Michael is a retired competitive e-sports player that plays Counter-Strike: Global Offensive among other games in his competitive career. He is a full-time streamer and also collects pinball now. While Jack had ~1,600 or so viewers tonight Michael had ~27k to put things into perspective. He mentioned that a friend exposed him to pinball and he asked his friend how he bought one. About a day or 2 later his friend brought him to his local distributor where he purchased a TMNT, GOTG, and he later purchased an LE AIQ from a person on this website. He said he would eventually buy a Stern Godzilla in fact after being so impressed with it. You could see the AIQ in the background in fact and it unfortunately broke and he needs a tech to fix it. He is looking into modding games,, learning how to fix them, playing better, and in general where we all were when we first started getting into pinball.

Michael first off if you're reading this I want to say "hello, welcome to this community of ours", I really enjoy watching you play competitively and the exposure for pinball and Dead Flip. Quite a few wouldn't call it a hobby but rather a sport ironically. I think a lot of streamers or social media influencers are going to get into pinball soon in fact. I encourage you to say "hi" on this forum, collaborate on-stream with Jack Danger, go to next months Pinball Expo (or Pintastic) and contact a fellow Canadian Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies.

To catch the re-run of Shrouds stream visit here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1151385405?t=06h18m38s

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

You may have heard Michael Grzesiek or "Shroud" and him watching Dead Flip recently. Tonight I would argue he is the other *major* celebrity to get into pinball fully aside from Jeffree Star or Ed Robertson in recent memory. While Stern Godzilla was being played he held a stream watch party of Dead Flip and answered viewer questions about pinball.
For those that don't know Michael is a retired competitive e-sports player that plays Counter-Strike: Global Offensive among other games in his competitive career. He is a full-time streamer and also collects pinball now. While Jack had ~1,600 or so viewers tonight Michael had ~27k to put things into perspective. He mentioned that a friend exposed him to pinball and he asked his friend how he bought one. About a day or 2 later his friend brought him to his local distributor where he purchased a TMNT, GOTG, and he later purchased an LE AIQ from a person on this website. He said he would eventually buy a Stern Godzilla in fact after being so impressed with it. You could see the AIQ in the background in fact and it unfortunately broke and he needs a tech to fix it. He is looking into modding games,, learning how to fix them, playing better, and in general where we all were when we first started getting into pinball.
Michael first off if you're reading this I want to say "hello, welcome to this community of ours", I really enjoy watching you play competitively and the exposure for pinball and Dead Flip. Quite a few wouldn't call it a hobby but rather a sport ironically. I think a lot of streamers or social media influencers are going to get into pinball soon in fact. I encourage you to say "hi" on this forum, collaborate on-stream with Jack Danger, go to next months Pinball Expo (or Pintastic) and contact a fellow Canadian Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies.
To catch the re-run of Shrouds stream visit here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1151385405?t=06h18m38s

I went and watched shroud at ESL way back. I think he left due to a huge cheating scandal. He’s a ridiculously talented player. Pretty awesome he’s into pinball now. I also appreciated his top-down views of the state of E-sports (in the crapper) and his outside-expert commentary

#3 2 years ago

celebrity

#4 2 years ago

"retired" from e-sports. LOL

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

You may have heard Michael Grzesiek or "Shroud" and him watching Dead Flip recently. ... While Stern Godzilla was being played he held a stream watch party of Dead Flip ...

I stumbled across "Shroud"'s stream while trying to find Dead Flip's. Given the single person commentary and seemingly prevalent dead air, I assumed it was just another (amongst many) new pinball streams out there.

Then I noticed the 35,000+ viewers tuned in.

HOLY SHIT!

I sure hope they enjoyed what they saw!

#7 2 years ago

Shroud seems like a chill dude, probably has enough cash to get heavy into pins too... he gonna be buying a bigger house soon.

#8 2 years ago

I’ve never heard of any of the three ‘major celebrities’ cited by OP, but Welcome anyone to pinball. I have heard of Lou Ferrigno so maybe that makes 4?

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:You may have heard Michael Grzesiek or "Shroud" and him watching Dead Flip recently. Tonight I would argue he is the other *major* celebrity to get into pinball fully aside from Jeffree Star or Ed Robertson in recent memory. While Stern Godzilla was being played he held a stream watch party of Dead Flip and answered viewer questions about pinball.

Thanks for posting this ..... that is so cool!

Very interesting reading the chat comments during the stream .... that exposure is HUGE! Looks like stern's insider connect could be a big hit with the gaming community. Stern are going to need a bigger factory at the rate pinball is growing at the moment LOL

..... hope stern or a distro hook him up with the backbox side art transfer for his AIQ

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shroud-collecting-pinball-and-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.