Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 12 years ago

Yes, Family Guy and Shrek are essentially the same machine, designed by the great Pat Lawlor. The reason for there being two games with an identical layout is probably because Family Guy is more geared towards the American market because (at the time) it had almost no presence on European television. Shrek on the other hand is very popular all over Europe. Stern did it before with Nascar (who knows Nascar in Europe?) and Formula One (very popular here).

I own a Family Guy and think it's a great game. After two years of owning it I decided to put the Shrek software in, just for fun. So I downloaded the Shrek software from the Stern website and programmed it into my game with the totally convenient usb stick and behold! I now own a Shrek too

Seriously, they ARE quite different games. FG is rude, obnoxious (but in a fun way); generally not for the weak-hearted - where Shrek is quite the contrary: kids will love it and parents will too.

I am one of the few who quite likes this concept. Use a design twice and slap different artwork/sound/music on them. Doubles the changes of a success! And for us collectors it's easy to have one game in your gameroom and switch (a la pinball 2000).

Now if only I could get a fully populated Shrek playfield plus backglass somewhere, I would be the happiest guy having two games instead of one for the same square footage -- uhm, square meters I mean ;-p

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shrek-vs-family-guy?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.