7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BradLinden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Had Shrek for 3 years or so.
Basic Strategy is shooting the spinner (right loop) to light a swamp mode. Start a mode at the scoop, then light donkey pinball, shoot scoop again, complete donkey pinball, they use 6 ball + mini pinball multiball to pile on points on during the mode and get some super jackpots.
Repeat. You can also stack mini modes with the mirror and Re-pay your debt (ramp). You can stack a lot in Shrek.
Final wizard mode is pretty cool, but this is in essence what Shrek strategy is.
Rulesheet: http://pinball.org/rules/shrek.html

To give a little more detail: Yes, the spinner is a key shot that you have to hit a lot to progress through the game. If this is the same Bowen video that I saw a long time ago, he specifically emphasizes hitting the spinner over and over again as the best *tournament* strategy, i.e. most reliable/safest way to get the most points.

However, if you're trying to play the whole game, there are a lot of other shots to hit. Like Guinnesstime said, the spinner lights the swamp, and the swamp starts the modes. The modes themselves force you to shot all the different shots in various combinations and for different reasons. Dragon Multiball requires you to hit every possible shot in order to get a super jackpot, The regular multiball (started at the drop targets) requires a # of switch hits for a jackpot, which leads to a whole different strategy.

We really enjoy our Shrek. The rules are very deep and challenging- it is extremely rare that I ever get to the swamp wizard mode, and I don't know if i'll ever get to the final "Far Far Away" wizard mode. The music is good, the voice call-outs are well done and generally funny. Also, I find the Shrek/FG layout to be very unique. The shots and general geometry feel different than most other games. Hope that helps!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BradLinden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shrek-tell-me-more-about-the-gameplaycode?tu=BradLinden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.