Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

23300030a30bd9a8290d632b7f2fc83b[1] (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I've been looking for a BKSOR pro locally for a couple of months with no luck but see a nice Shrek thats priced 500 to 1000 under what a BKSOR would run. I like family guy ok but have never been a fan of shrek, not that I outright dislike him. In fact, I did see a live production of shrek and it was really great. Just looking for opinions on the pin vs a bksor pro. Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

I think BKSOR Pro is a horrible game.

#3 4 years ago

BKSOR for me fast playing game with decent code.

#4 4 years ago

Sorry for the fans but I find BKSOR to be dead flat, theres not much to do, not much flow, not much excitement, not much nothing actually except the really cool soundtrack and the calls.

#5 4 years ago

Shrek is a rare game. Rare doesn't always mean good and in this instance it's just a fun family friendly pin. If it's priced that low ya better grab it. Worst case scenario you can dump it (recoup your investment) and easily find a BKSOR.

#6 4 years ago

Shrek>BKSOR better art than family guy and more family friendly.

#7 4 years ago

BKSOR needs the upper playfield. Either get a premium or get a different game. Shrek isn't a theme I like although the game is decent.

#8 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice and opinions. Still waffling . . . .

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

BKSOR needs the upper playfield. Either get a premium or get a different game..

I do find it curious that there are more Prem/LE's available in the secondary market than pro's.

#10 4 years ago

shrek would be a le in todays market. bksor is bare and boring.

#11 4 years ago

Don't care for FG/Shrek in theme or game play.

Really enjoy my BKLE. I've played the pro too and like the way it shoots.
If you have to buy one of these two games, I'd take BK but the prem/le is superior.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I do find it curious that there are more Prem/LE's available in the secondary market than pro's.

I played the pro and it was a decent game. I own the premium and absolutely love the game. I can't comment on the people sellling the game but it won't be leaving my collection anytime soon. Such a fun game with a great rule set.

#13 4 years ago

Looks like either game could be modded to mock the other.

23300030a30bd9a8290d632b7f2fc83b[1] (resized).jpg23300030a30bd9a8290d632b7f2fc83b[1] (resized).jpg
#14 4 years ago

SOR is amazing, but it is a true players game. One of the more unforgiving as far as tight shots goes, very GoT esque.

Great modes, and amazing custom art. Kicks your ass like not many pins can.

I could see it being quite frustrating for the casual or new player for sure!

Comparison is kind of apples to oranges. If you are looking for a modern player, SoR seems liek the way to go.

If you want something neat for your collection, something more eclectic, and like lawlor games, then Shrek is a neat one. (unfortunately the IP has really sunk to new lows it seems) .

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Cant speak for others, but I bought a BK Pro to operate and it is kicking ass. Gets played a ton by our good players. Being a more challenging pin it's less popular with weak players. Definitely not a bad pin.

If you're a good player and it's mainly for you get BK. If it's more for the family get Shrek.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shrek-or-black-knight-sor-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.