By JKnPA

6 days ago

Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by JKnPA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ScreenHunter_82 Apr. 15 17.25 (resized).jpg
    ScreenHunter_81 Apr. 15 17.12 (resized).jpg

#1 6 days ago

On my schematic I see a relay switch ( extra ball#1 trip) at location D-22.
    I don't see it listed in the manual or in my Bingo.
    Was this switch added at a later date in manufacture, or is it a misprint?

ScreenHunter_81 Apr. 15 17.12 (resized).jpg

ScreenHunter_82 Apr. 15 17.25 (resized).jpg

#2 6 days ago

the manuals have issues.

when the games were changed after the manuals were printed, they almost never issued manual corrections or reprinted the manuals.

You can often tell a change happened because the font on the schematic is different. If the schematic changed after production began, they did normally issue another schematic with a note saying at what serial number the change happened.

another sanity check is look at the manual for the next game of the machine type and see if that game manual has the change. In this case, the next game is sun valley and the switch is listed as R2.

when there's a discrepancy between the manual and schematic, believe the schematic.

#3 5 days ago

Ok........ I will check if the switch is actually installed.
    Do you know why it was added in the next Bingo ?
    Thanks

#4 5 days ago

it was added in showtime and is probably in all the magic square games after that. Earlier games broadway and night club had a slightly different circuit and didn't need the switch.

the sun valley manual describes the switch as "safety circuit (anti-cheat relay)". Not very clear. Beach time says it's "circuit to energize anti-cheat relay"...that's where it's at, but not what it does.

functionally, when the extra ball trip relays trip it prevents power from getting back into the feature circuits when cycling the game for extra balls.

if you have played for extra balls, it also prevents the anti-cheat relay from powering after the game has been turned off/on unless the trip bank resets.

just as a note, it appears the way the manuals were done was take an existing manual drawing and make changes to it for the new game. They did a much better job getting it right in the early manuals. Some of the later ones from the mid-1970's are a mess.

#5 5 days ago
    Quoted from baldtwit:

Some of the later ones from the mid-1970's are a mess.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly!

#6 5 days ago

Ok......... I have the R2 switch installed on 'Showtime'.
    I checked the previous bingos back to 'NighClub' and there is no similar switch.
    I don't see why the switch was added. I only noticed this switch because in my
    case my 'anti-cheat' relay is not staying energized.
    John

#7 5 days ago

they added the switch because there's a bug in key west and big show.

the problem is wire 85-4. CU 5C and 5D will pulse closed when playing for extra balls, and that will effectively connect wire 10-7 on the magic square feature unit to wire 30. Depending on what step the magic square feature unit is on, you could:
    - step the magic square feature unit.
    - trip the spot 2/18 trip relays if the score discs and mixer 3 complete that circuit

on night club and broadway, wire 85-4 only goes to the score disc. While 5C closing also completes a circuit thru the score unit when the scores are at the 4 level, for the scores to jump you also need 7A to close. Since 5C and 7A don't close at the same time, there's no problem.

#8 4 days ago

I figured it had something to do with C.Us. 5 and 7 since they are in the Loop.
    I don't play KeyWest very often, so I didn't notice any problems with it.
    Thanks for the explanation. I have a few problems with this ' baby', which
    should keep me busy for a while.
    John

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5,599.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 989.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Arcade Moi Ca
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside