Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JKnPA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jknpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I just noticed my 4 Corners does not score. The relay is energized and the Lamp is Lit.
The 4 Corners only scores in Green, that is the normal operation on this Bingo.
Not all of the Green scoring is correct. I am taking data on what scores and doesn't.
Not sure that will tell me anything.
The Search unit does not stop to register a Score. I cleaned the contacts on the 'Corners relay'.
How do I isolate this problem?
* Thanks,
John

#2 6 years ago

Ok.......... this is the data I collected just for the GREEN scoring!
All 3 in a Line, and 4 in a Line ..... score correctly!
5 in a line ......... 9-10 ( right diagonal numbers) ; the scoring counter runs away into the upper stops!
5 in a Line......... 2-14 ( center numbers) ; same as above.
5 in a Line......... 15-12 ( left diagonal numbers) ; no scoring!
4 Corners setup............ relay energized and lite ON ( 4Corners scores Green 5 in a Line).
* I get a signal at #14-2 , input to Green score Disc at location B-18 and an output signal at #45, the input
to C.U. cam 13A,; but the cam doesn't stop long enough to register a Score.

Added over 7 years ago: ** Cam #13........ should have said ' cam does not turn".
Search unit...... does not stop to record a score.

#4 6 years ago

The Search Index coil is not getting energized, so the search disc never stops to record a Score.
The Green does score in most cases, but not all as stated above.
I need 50V. on wire #80 on the Search unit to power on the Search coil at location 13A of the schematic.
How does that happen ? The Search Relay switches at the top do not get energized until the Search coil is
energized thru 'search index switch 17A at location 33K.
John

#7 6 years ago

I cleaned the rivet contacts on the Search Disc, and the 'wiper arms' appear to be Ok.
Doesn't everything go thru Relay #3 to get a Score ? But relay#3 doesn't close until the Search index coil is
energized....... Yes or No ?
Also the Replay Cams index coil is not energized until the Search index switch 17B closes, so the Green Replay
Counter would not be an issue then...... Yes or No ?
What am I missing here...... I don't see it!

#9 6 years ago

Thank you for the detailed Post.
No, - the relay #3 closes which powers the search index.
When I am T/S the problem, I can't tell if the relays close first , or the Search Index coil energizes first.
How does Relay #3 close before the Search Index coil is energized?
Doesn't Search Relay switch 17A (N.O.) have to close to energize Relay #3 ?
What is this *3 safety relay switch in that circuit ? Is that how it is initially energized ?
John

#11 6 years ago

I wouldn't expect anyone to remember any Bingo circuitry to memory. I have trouble remembering where I
put my glasses 15 min. ago........
Ok....... I found that *3 Safety relay. It is mounted on the center of the back door. My ID tag was torn in half,
so I really never noticed what it was. It's a N.C. switch in a parallel circuit with the #3 Search Relay.
I assume it powers the #3 Search relay when power is applied to wiper A on the Search Disc, thus
energizing the relay before the Search Disc stops for a Hit.
Also....... YELLOW scoring does NOT happen with 5 in a Line........ just noticed that, because I was only looking at
the GREEN data has stated above in Post #2.
RED scoring....... I think that works for 3,4,5 in a Line.
Now...........I'm thinking my problems are WORN RIVETS on the search Disc. Too many issues here to be limited
to one problem ! Just guessing though!

#13 6 years ago

Ok............ Thank you.
I will keep you informed.
Tomorrow is another day...........

#14 6 years ago

Ok........ I fixed the problem. I was doing some relay testing that took me several days to take data.
1. I didn't realize at first that the #12 number did not score in any other configuration like Yellow or Green.
If I did, I may have found the solution sooner!
2. When testing the search relays...... Yellow scores were not energizing the relays for 5 in a Line.
That was my main focus of T/S.
*** Why my Fix to the 4 Corners fixed that problem........I don't know!
Solution......... I decided to work on the #12 Scoring issue first; I thought that would be the easier task!
I checked continuity from the Search Unit disc ( rivet for #12) to the Magic squares Unit.
I could not find continuity. When trying to look at the wires on the #12 lite socket, I found a
broken wire to the terminal adjacent to the slip ring assy. by the lite socket. Its part of the
"E" magic square Unit that contains 12,14,3,8.
That wire goes under the assy. to one of the slip rings.......me thinks.
Therefore no connection to the #12 circuit. The lite would lite, but never score!
* I resoldered the wire on.......... 4 Corners Works, and so does the Yellow scoring that failed earlier!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jknpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/showtime-no-4-corners-scoring?tu=jknpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.