(Topic ID: 257037)

Show us your old operator decals, etc.

By jrpinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1951 Como Stadum (resized).png
    20240321_125753.jpg
    IMG_3918 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3919 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4752 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4980 (resized).jpeg
    20240320_101720.jpg
    IMG_0496 (resized).jpeg
    PART_1708208293655 (resized).jpeg
    All-Coin OP Sticker (resized).png
    IMG_0438 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3335 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3154 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2496 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinwiztom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

From my Bally Expressway, two different tag/stamps

BLY Expressway stamp IMG_20191207_174936 (resized).jpgBLY Expressway stamp IMG_20191207_174936 (resized).jpgBLY Expressway stamp IMG_20191207_175000 (resized).jpgBLY Expressway stamp IMG_20191207_175000 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #203 4 years ago

Not from an EM pin, but cool decal none the less.
    I bought several games from this operator over the years, including a Snow Derby.
    IMG_20200301_153853 (resized).jpgIMG_20200301_153853 (resized).jpgIMG_20200301_154145 (resized).jpgIMG_20200301_154145 (resized).jpg
    I remember once when i went to his offices/storefront,
    he had about 100 pins (all in pretty poor condition) stored around the back
    in various rooms of several small cottages
    of what was at one time a now defunct motel.

4 weeks later
    #207 4 years ago

That payout is fairly generous as 500 points is not that hard to get, unless it is set for 3 ball play.

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Beers weren't that expensive back in the day either!

One of my fondest memories was in late 70s
    playing pinball (They had Fireball and a big ball bowler)
    at a dive bar near Newport Beach Pier in Calif.
    10oz glass of beer on tap was only 35 cents a glass.
    We called the place "Mom's" mainly cause the daytime bartender
    was some gruff older lady serving them.

10 months later
    #325 3 years ago

Not my game, but pulled it from ipdb
    interesting in that the operator is from Europe

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    10 months later
    #438 2 years ago

This post has nothing to do with operator decals, but that last couple of stories reminded me of this story.

I was maybe about 5 or 6 years old, and my parents (both teachers) were going to “summer” school in Aberdeen S.D. My Dad was getting his masters in teaching and my Mom was finishing up her 4 yr B.A. in teaching, at Northern College. While going to school, my dad also worked a part time job during the summer, as a teacher’s salaries in the Dakotas were pretty paltry. He worked as a bartender at a place called the Star Tavern, owned by a fella name Milo Hagen. On rare occasion, especially if mom had classes and dad was scheduled to work that afternoon, he would bring me along to work. He would proceed to plop me down on a bar stool in front of a row of 3 or 4 pinball machines, with an ashtray full of nickels, to keep me occupied for however long need be, in order to take care of other patrons.
    My dad would tell me years later, after he realized that I was heavy into the hobby, a story about Milo and his coin-op operations at the bar. It seems that Milo also used to operate bingos at his bar. While bingos were legal in the state and county, they were illegal within city limits. My dad tells me that the revenue from the bingos oft times surpassed the tavern’s cash intake from alcohol sales. Back in the day, hard-working fellas would end up spending a good portion of their salary trying to manipulate those silverballs into the proper holes, hoping for a big bingo payout from the bartender, to knockoff any extra credits won. After a while the wives got wind of these “shenanigans”, and grew tired of their hubbies coming home with empty pockets, and took their complaints to civic authorities, who eventually did a “Mayor LaGuardia” on Milo’s bingo operations. My dad also told me about another bingo story, that happened a few years before the shutdown. Apparently, there was one young (but of age) guy that frequented the bar to play the bingo machines and he was pretty good. So good that he was starting to eat into Milo’s profit margin. So, Milo, after having grown tired of having to pay off too many credits this guy tended to build up, decided one day when the fella in question came back into the bar, confronted him, gave him a $20 bill and told him to get the hell out, and never come back and go play somewhere else.

3 months later
    #460 1 year ago

Kinda like the CCA
    Comics Code Authority

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 month later
    #480 1 year ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

reserved bingo games

I think the management just did not want to have to pay off all those credits,
    and hoping the player who won them
    would come back to play off some 300+ games.

1 year later
    #626 3 months ago

I know that Game Doc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinwiztom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-old-operator-decals-etc?tu=pinwiztom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.