(Topic ID: 257037)

Show us your old operator decals, etc.

By jrpinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1951 Como Stadum (resized).png
    20240321_125753.jpg
    IMG_3918 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3919 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4752 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4980 (resized).jpeg
    20240320_101720.jpg
    IMG_0496 (resized).jpeg
    PART_1708208293655 (resized).jpeg
    All-Coin OP Sticker (resized).png
    IMG_0438 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3335 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3154 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2496 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Wow! That card for Steve Young is a classic from the way-back machine.
    It sometimes seems to me that PA was the land o' plenty when it came to operators and pinball machines. I grew up in MA and my area was a relative desert when it came to pinball machines located on routes. Always a machine at the bowling alleys in my town, but others were hard to find. I went to University in PA and there were pinball machines seemingly everywhere.

Pennsylvania is the 5th most populated state but in the bottom half by land area. There should have been a large concentration of pins there. Bingo's too.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Michigan Nickel Co. sticker. RIP Norm LaFleur. He and Mike Benson were typical slimeball route operators. Chummy and would talk nice to you at events and at the local distributors but would not hesitate to stab you in the back for locations. They would send people in to damage your equipment as well.

1 week later
    #146 4 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Not an operator, but Bally Wulff (German subsidiary?) on my reimport Black Rose.
    Never seen one before, not sure how they got away ripping off the Harley Davidson logo![quoted image]

Bally Wulff was the eventual name of Gunter Wulff Manufacturing of Germany that Bally acquired in the late 1960's. A maker of Wall mounted slot machines at the time. They also distributed all forms of coin-operated equipment.

They exist today but have been completely separated from Bally Technologies/Scientific Games for about fifteen years now.

The decal you possess is from one of the distribution locations in Germany.

Today Bally Wulff makes many forms of gaming equipment and player regulation systems. They moved into a modern assembly plant and offices in Berlin nearly two years ago.

I've got one of those decals on a Monopoly wall mounted Bally Wulff slot machine.
    20191219_222611 (resized).jpg20191219_222611 (resized).jpg

9 months later
    #235 3 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

on a pinbot pf glass[quoted image]

I dealt with a Bill's Vending in New Jersey in '83.

#239 3 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFix:

On the bottom of an Easy Aces.
    [quoted image]

I remember driving by it with my dad. It was a few blocks East of Chicago Coin/Stern Electronics. Nice storefront with lots of windows so you could see the equipment. I recall a "Karate" machine on display close to the windows.

1 month later
    #252 3 years ago

Not a decal, but when I worked for a route operator from '79 to '85. The company was named SILCO for Steerwell International Leisure Company based in lovely North Bergen, NJ. Besides the NYC metro area route that went by SILCO, they had Joy Amusement Co in Detroit (Allen Park) where I worked and Empire Smokes and Music in Buffalo (Cheektowaga) NY.

Every so often, they would have me go to the Buffalo location to repair a pile of circuit boards that would stack up when their bench tech was out for vacation etc. Here are a few pics from near Christmas, 1979 when I was sent there. As is expected near Buffalo, there is some snow on the ground.

As far as I know, they are still in business and less than a mile away as the location pictured was sold for retail businesses as it was right on Walden Avenue. Now a restaurant stands there.

20201028_153123 (resized).jpg20201028_153123 (resized).jpg20201028_153109 (resized).jpg20201028_153109 (resized).jpg20201028_153133 (resized).jpg20201028_153133 (resized).jpg

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Great stuff love seeing those older pics. How “international” were they?

Other than I would drive through Ontario to get there from Detroit when I did not carry parts or equipment, they should have been named SDLCO...

Back in that time, everyone used the term "International" to sound important. Later I worked for Rockwell International which previously was called North American Rockwell as Rockwell bought out North American Aviation. We always said they should be named "Rockwell Domestic" A buddy of mine at Rockwell worked for Mentis International which was a hole in the wall high speed printer company with one location in Rochester, Michigan. They tried to compete with Centronics....

2 months later
    #277 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

have never seen an old one for service for both Cali and Hawaii![quoted image]

The CA and HI are telephone exchange identifiers. HI is Highland.

2 weeks later
    #286 3 years ago

Member, Music Operators of America. MOA, the predecessor to the AMOA.

#295 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

What would they want with a tilt panel?

Highly prized component in good condition.

1 week later
    #305 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

That card looks very old.

The four digit phone number is a clue....

I've seen a three digit phone number on a 1950's give-away pencil for a grocery store in Sycamore, Ohio.

1 month later
    #345 3 years ago

Here's a good one;

A true upstanding pillar of the Operating community. A nice Juvi past tried as an adult. More interesting are his Federal charges and conviction from aboot seven years ago....

Alley Oops (resized).PNGAlley Oops (resized).PNG
    1 week later
    #356 3 years ago

From my route technician days in the early '80's... Here are the service tickets we had to fill out. Carbonless in triplicate. Location was asked to sign and they got a copy. One was turned in to the service manager and the other stayed in our books. 50 tickets per book.

WXK81A (resized).jpgWXK81A (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #374 2 years ago

Love the three digit phone numbers....

3 months later
    #394 2 years ago

Southeast Michigan operator based in Allen Park. Steerwell was headquartered in North Bergen, New Jersey.

They also owned Empire Smokes & Music of Buffalo/Cheektowaga, NY as shown In my earlier post #252.

Steerwell's use of bootleg Pac Man, Galaxian, Donkey Kong and Rally-X circuit boards led to their downfall in 1983-4. We at Joy Amusement separated ourselves from them just in time as the Feds got 'em.

20210617_122533 (resized).jpg20210617_122533 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #400 2 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Moving some games around, I noticed this tag on the back of Skateball.
    [quoted image]

That's the defunct distributor that PHoF used to buy Stern pins from....

2 months later
    #442 2 years ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Someone was operating a nickel game as late as 1968? Not in my town. From a marketplace ad for a 1960 Williams Official Baseball pitch and bat, although it looks more like a Gottlieb game to me.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Most likely: 2 Nickels, 1 Play.

2 weeks later
    #446 2 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

[quoted image]

A portion of a location Contract by a route operator.

This is why many Operator decals state: "Contracted Establishment".

Ugd853wrsofyo6f (resized).jpgUgd853wrsofyo6f (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #457 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

this is an Ontario canada area near kitchener waterloo area

The hometown of Titan Trailers. Makers of solid waste refuse as well as grain trailers.

3 months later
    #490 1 year ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Straight from the heartland of Logansport, Indiana: an operator business card stapled to the lower apron of a 1949 Gottlieb College Daze.
    [quoted image]

Gotta love 4 digit phone numbers. There were still 3 digit numbers in small towns when I was born....

#491 1 year ago
    20220802_190406 (resized).jpg20220802_190406 (resized).jpg
    #494 1 year ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

They’re a parts distributor. Still in business. Same number.

Yep, I bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of parts from them when I worked for a route operator in the '80's. Way cheaper than Wico for generic parts.

4 months later
    #541 1 year ago
    Quoted from aamauzy:

[quoted image]
    A simple tag - but a very meaningful one! This is from Melody Music, an op that was in Champaign, Illinois. They were bought out by J&J at some point in the last few years from what I understand.
    It means a lot to me because I job shadowed with their lead tech 15-ish years ago, igniting a passion for arcade game and pinball machine work that grows stronger every day! This tag is inside a Simpsons Pinball party that I picked up about an hour away from Champaign yesterday.

I deal with J & J and their VLT's in Effingham these days.....

#545 1 year ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

On my Skateball that I picked up in Nebraska (lives in WI now). I've thought about scraping it off to clean it up, but it's pretty cool to know that it was in Nebraska for some/most of its life, at least until I got it a few years ago. I wonder who made who put that "VOID" sticker on beneath it.
    [quoted image]

That "void" sticker is probably like the one above it. When you peel it away, it destroys/voids it.

2 months later
    #586 1 year ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

On my Flip Flop
    [quoted image]

I worked for them. Silco is Steerwell International Leisure Company out of North Bergen, New Jersey.

Quoted from Pinbee:

Anyone know if this was a city or state decal? On Fun Park.
    [quoted image]

Wico Corporate "Law".

3 weeks later
    #593 11 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Weird. Why would they put their decal there???

Easy for the route operator to identify a stolen machine found in a fencing operation.

2 months later
    #605 8 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

[quoted image]

Those phone numbers are still valid!

2 months later
    #611 5 months ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Yeah, it's HUO. Why do you ask?

Once games were purchased at these places, they became "Home use only"....

20201019_153112 (resized).jpg20201019_153112 (resized).jpg20210617_122531 (resized).jpg20210617_122531 (resized).jpg20201028_153109 (resized).jpg20201028_153109 (resized).jpg20201028_153133 (resized).jpg20201028_153133 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #615 4 months ago
    Quoted from newpinbin:

What year are those photos from?

1980/81

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-old-operator-decals-etc?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.