(Topic ID: 257037)

Show us your old operator decals, etc.

By jrpinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1951 Como Stadum (resized).png
    20240321_125753.jpg
    IMG_3918 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3919 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4752 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4980 (resized).jpeg
    20240320_101720.jpg
    IMG_0496 (resized).jpeg
    PART_1708208293655 (resized).jpeg
    All-Coin OP Sticker (resized).png
    IMG_0438 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3335 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3154 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2496 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

I have a couple in here people might find interesting.

LTG : )

DSC00155 (resized).JPGDSC00155 (resized).JPGDSC00157 (resized).JPGDSC00157 (resized).JPG
    1 year later
    #349 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

3B70B9CD-07C7-4E1B-A429-464C1C9F7061 (resized).jpeg

For anybody that doesn't know. That is a city of Minneapolis ( Minnesota ) license.

#351 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

LTG I'm a little fascinated at how low the number is I wonder if this was an early tag of a new edition or something or if they moved them from game to game? I wonder how many of these kind of games were around back then. Was this style of game subject to any criticism in MN over the years?

Nothing special. Someone applied for or got their license earlier than higher numbers.

There were a lot of games around. My Mother's tiny cafe had two games, back to back. Lots of criticism. That is why in Minnesota they paid out tokens and not nickels. If you won a bunch of tokens and the location knew you, they gave you 5¢ apiece for them. If they didn't know you, you won a bunch of tokens.

And they were crafty to try and catch you. On the island, East Hennepin Ave, there was a bar. ( I forget, Outdoorsman or Frontiersman, or something. All windows, two store fronts wide ). They had a customer coming in for a couple years. Made friends. Went fishing with the owners. One night when the bar was making a payout the man laid his badge on the bar - busted.

Everybody had their hand out. From the top on down. Liquor bars got new neon signs every year. It finally got to the point the ops were paying out more than they were making. So they were either going to run legal or they'd be done. That was the end of them.

Organized crime didn't really get into them. They didn't think they'd amount to anything. Too soon it was too late. Minneapolis alone had over 300 operators. Too many to lean on.

My Dad ran them. Great times.

1 year later
    #557 1 year ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I'm torn between leaving it on or trying to remove it.

From the company I worked for 1972 to 1973.

D.K. Carter was the man's name of the first route they bought when he retired. The Company became Advance Carter Co. They started putting those tags on equipment around 1972 when the accountant Benny came in. To start keeping track of equipment.

They didn't know where it all was. And service men were running their own routes using the companies equipment and movers. Benny was pretty sharp and got a handle on things.

1 month later
    #592 11 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Weird. Why would they put their decal there???

Under the instruction card they wouldn't have to worry about people calling them if they lost a dime or something.

2 weeks later
    #595 11 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Any good stories on these guys

Not off hand. There were so many operators back then it would be impossible to know them all.

2 months later
    #604 8 months ago

Good eye.

Jim Stansfield was an operator years ago. Large route. Mainly northern Iowa and southern Minnesota. His daughter was later running it, and may still be doing it today.

Back in the 1980's he built a magnificent house. Just moved in. Had a fire and lost the whole thing. ( gas can knocked over in garage ) Since the builders had just finished it, they were able to come back and rebuild it fast.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-old-operator-decals-etc?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.