Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 637 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by dstudeba
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240321_125753.jpg
    IMG_3918 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3919 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4752 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4980 (resized).jpeg
    20240320_101720.jpg
    IMG_0496 (resized).jpeg
    PART_1708208293655 (resized).jpeg
    All-Coin OP Sticker (resized).png
    IMG_0438 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3335 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3154 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2496 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guidotorpedo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#261 3 years ago

If anyone finds games that have this operator sticker on it, then it was from my dads arcade/route biz. I’ll buy the game off you if you ever want to sell it. I collect his old stuff.

Also any that had an inventory sticker from “fun attic, inc.”. Those were his too. He had arcades in malls and shopping centers from Easton PA south through Baltimore back in the day. If anyone remembers space station in Owings mills or machine shop/penny arcade on the block in Baltimore, those were his.

21E00897-FD63-4D33-9A53-0FA21990EE71 (resized).jpeg21E00897-FD63-4D33-9A53-0FA21990EE71 (resized).jpeg
    1 year later
    #428 2 years ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

1956 Baltimore amusement device tax tag on a 1954 Bally "Hi-Fi" bingo pinball machine. The two tags make me wonder if bingo pinball machines were operated legally in Baltimore in 1956. The tags don't prove it, but they do raise the question. If not, the operator was trying to pass this gambling game off as a novelty pinball machine. The image was posted on eBay 2021-11-12 in a listing for a Hi-Fi with a overall nice backglass at $1,200.
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/485825878563677320/
    [quoted image]

They were legal to operate, but it illegal to pay out on. My grandparents both got arrested at their bar for paying out on a Bally orient machine back in the day lol.

The law in Maryland said that Bally and United could not legally ship a game with the same serial numbers on the cabinet and parts through state lines (like a location ready game in a box on a pallet). So what Bally would do was they would ship parts to like eight different places in the city of Baltimore. My dad and my grandfather used to go around in a truck and pick up all of the parts with all the different serial numbers, take the parts back to my grandparents house, and assemble the bingo machines and put them on location.

#434 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Even back then Balto governing body a bunch of dopes... that unfortunately continues to this day. LOL

True. Maryland sucks. The amount of crap and taxes required just to put a pacman in a pizza shop is ridiculous. They enforce it too. There are like 2 big vending companies left, and that’s pretty much it.

#435 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

grand papa was a regular Al Capone in the days ! cool story

He was the nicest guy you’d ever meet. War vet, busted his ass around all the asbestos at Beth Steel, saved up enough money to open a bar and make a better life for his family. Retired in his late 50’s and made rosaries for all the local churches..... When he died, he left my grandma in a spot where she didn’t have to work for the rest of her life... she would just wake up at 530 and cook pasta for no reason. That’s why I was a fat kid lol.

He was just a regular blue collar dude that appreciated life. Thanks for making me think of them today.

Mike

2 years later
    #633 39 days ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

If anyone finds games that have this operator sticker on it, then it was from my dads arcade/route biz. I’ll buy the game off you if you ever want to sell it. I collect his old stuff.
    Also any that had an inventory sticker from “fun attic, inc.”. Those were his too. He had arcades in malls and shopping centers from Easton PA south through Baltimore back in the day. If anyone remembers space station in Owings mills or machine shop/penny arcade on the block in Baltimore, those were his.[quoted image]

Still looking for these if anyone comes across them

IMG_0496 (resized).jpegIMG_0496 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guidotorpedo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-old-operator-decals-etc?tu=Guidotorpedo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.