(Topic ID: 257037)

Show us your old operator decals, etc.

By jrpinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1951 Como Stadum (resized).png
    20240321_125753.jpg
    IMG_3918 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3919 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4752 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4980 (resized).jpeg
    20240320_101720.jpg
    IMG_0496 (resized).jpeg
    PART_1708208293655 (resized).jpeg
    All-Coin OP Sticker (resized).png
    IMG_0438 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3335 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3154 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2496 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

R & Y Amusements was located on the corner of Broadway and Elwood Ave in Newark NJ. It was across the street from the Elwood movie theater, which I use to go to every Saturday( two movies for 35 cents)and Broadway Jr High School, which I attended in 1967 and 1968.
    Back in 1969 at the age of 13 my dad and I bought a Gottlieb Sweet Hearts from R&Y Amusements. Finding this Eldorado over 15 years ago in a town called Essex Fells with R&Y sticker on it is a special connection to my younger days when pinball ruled my world.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's cool Vic! In my neck of the woods (northern Virginia/Alexandria VA) 'Michaels Vending' was a leader of pin games for many of the arcades/department stores in our area. It's always neat to find games with the old Michaels Vending sticker on the apron (although they're a bitch to get off without mucking up the apron paint). Michaels always kept their pins in primo shape... always clean, always perfectly working... I remember many times seeing a game not working one day, and then seeing the Michaels repair guy there the next day... great way to get free games watching the repair guys do their thing.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from LorenZ:

Realy Nice topic ! thanks for that ^^
    Some from France[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love to see international labels... nice ones from France... magnifique!!! Le mieux!!!

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Almost forgot this one which is hidden away on the upper L corner of one of my machines.
    Folks from the Wash DC area may remember this vendor, who made a business out of selling machines to individuals, until they closed down a while back.
    Lee
    [quoted image]

I bought my first machine from Alex Paradis, service TECH at Home Amusements back in 1986... they had a ton of games in their show room, and did a lot of repair in their Rockville facility as well. I was looking for a specific game (WMS Gulfstream), and Alex stated he had the body but couldn't find the head... he offered a discount if I could find the head in the cramped and super stacked space upstairs... took about an hour to locate it in 120 degree heat, but in the end I had a nice Gulfstream delivered to my town home in Old Town Alexandria and its been in my collection, set up and playing ever since! I believe Alex is living the dream in CA now.

Thanks for sharing your sticker!

KeyTag (resized).JPGKeyTag (resized).JPG
    #116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I bought my first machine from Alex Paradis... I believe Alex is living the dream in CA now.
    Thanks for sharing your sticker![quoted image]

Alex is still in the hobbyk pretty cool!

https://www.linkedin.com/company/p1ag/

1 month later
    #201 4 years ago

Another HOME AMUSEMENT sticker on a game I recently sold... I've had more than a handful of games that were either routed or serviced by this company.

Home_amusement (resized).jpegHome_amusement (resized).jpeg
    8 months later
    #264 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blknblumark:

Looks like they updated their name sometime between your sticker and 1993, as the sticker on my Scorpion project says 'Rockville Home Amusements'
    Also a really nice glamour shot of the showroom on the score card! Looks like its from around 1993, as the most recent pin I can ID is Street Fighter II
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Bought my first pinball from that showroom in 1986. Business sold many years ago and the owner has moved (can't remember if California of Florida) where he still buys and sells arcade stuff as a hobby.

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

If anyone finds games that have this operator sticker on it, then it was from my dads arcade/route biz. I’ll buy the game off you if you ever want to sell it. I collect his old stuff.
    Also any that had an inventory sticker from “fun attic, inc.”. Those were his too. He had arcades in malls and shopping centers from Easton PA south through Baltimore back in the day. If anyone remembers space station in Owings mills or machine shop/penny arcade on the block in Baltimore, those were his.[quoted image]

Very cool, I'll look for em!

2 weeks later
    #271 3 years ago

He still fixes pins in northern VA. Seen a few of those recently.

1 month later
    #275 3 years ago

have never seen an old one for service for both Cali and Hawaii!

IMG_5236[11409] (resized).jpgIMG_5236[11409] (resized).jpg
    #278 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

The CA and HI are telephone exchange identifiers.

yep, my bad... it's Columbus Ohio.

1 month later
    #306 3 years ago

What game is this card on? you can actually see that building on googlemaps... kinda cool.

11 months later
    #433 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

They were legal to operate, but it illegal to pay out on. My grandparents both got arrested at their bar for paying out on a Bally orient machine back in the day lol.
    The law in Maryland said that Bally and United could not legally ship a game with the same serial numbers on the cabinet and parts through state lines (like a location ready game in a box on a pallet). So what Bally would do was they would ship parts to like eight different places in the city of Baltimore. My dad and my grandfather used to go around in a truck and pick up all of the parts with all the different serial numbers, take the parts back to my grandparents house, and assemble the bingo machines and put them on location.

Even back then Balto governing body a bunch of dopes... that unfortunately continues to this day. LOL

3 months later
    #466 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Are residents of Galax, Virginia known as "Galaxians"???
    [quoted image][quoted image]

What's this game and any history? I have a few friends from Galax.

6 months later
    #526 1 year ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

I don't think I've seen this one before on this thread. It is on a '71 Bally I picked up. I had never even heard of Mt Ranier, MD and had to look it up. Maybe Dono or someone from DC area might recognize it?
    [quoted image]

Yep, had an old swim team buddy from Mt. Rainier.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-old-operator-decals-etc?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.