You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220811_190506 (resized).jpg
20230628_101644 (resized).jpg
20231208_182709 (resized).jpg
20240311_201949 (resized).jpg
20240416_191224 (resized).jpg
natural-swimming-pool-gary-mcdonald-and-son-inc-img~82a124fc05c41a93_14-1650-1-f9dd0d7 (resized).jpg
20240423_090403 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA9A7E17-C8D1-4EDB-8D67-33B8D9322B5E (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
CFC26C57-9495-42C7-B623-541058C19027 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3080 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3081 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#263 2 years ago

Issue in a lot of places. I live in SE Michigan. The wetland/pond directly behind me is down several feet in level the last 2.5 years. It's dropped 6 inches in the last 2 months alone. May used to be rain literally every day with some torrential rains. We got two days of good solid rains last month and a few of brief showers.

#266 2 years ago

I'll take a Kentucky Blue/fescue mix all day. Great barefoot grass, nice dark green color and the mix works in all but the densest of shades. As with any lawn, light dethatching in the Spring, coring and overseeding will keep it thick, luscious and the envy of your neighbors.

1 week later
#346 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Love the insert that came with my recent water bill.
[quoted image]

So, a city springs up in the middle of the desert and grows unchecked for 50 years and there are issues with water supply? Color me shocked.

2 months later
#439 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

My sons front an back yard not far from York Pa.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, how did he get his Zinnias to grow in such perfect upright shapes?

6 months later
#498 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

The grass doesn't care about the #2 dog dew, it's the pee that kills it. I never found a good online resource to tell me how to counteract the dig piss. God bless him, my huge lab is no longer with us, but that dog did a number. He would pee twice a day and a gallon would come out. He liked the same spots. The current labs spread it around more, except in the front.

Watering your lawn is solution. The nitrates in the urine is what browns the lawn. Essentially, your dog is over-fertilizing the grass in small spots causing it to burn. Water to dilute is the only real solution I'm aware of.

I tried the experiment of fertilizing less one season (I have two small dogs) and the difference was now I had a bunch of little dark green spots where the grass was fertilized (but more weeds). Watering regularly solved the issue.

#501 2 years ago

Nice. My front yard is currently covered in snow

2 weeks later
#553 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Oh good point, I’ve forgotten about road salt.
They’ve gotten so much snow plowed over them this winter I’m amazed they’re actually still standing as they are still as tiny as they are in the picture.
Feels like they actually survived the winter which seemed impossible mid-winter but I’m feeling fairly positive about that now.
I actually don’t know what they are in English but a quick google search says Aborvitae.
They grow fast, they are thick and winter green which is the biggest point to me - I hate winter and I want atleast something green to lighten up the mood in the middle of winter.

Not necessarily. Wind burn is a killer for arbs. I live in Michigan and it is common to wrap them in burlap so they don't dry out and die in the winter. I didn't do that I I've lost 5 this winter that are 6' and larger.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-lawn?tu=robotron911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.