Screenshot_20240420-122517 (resized).png
IMG_20240418_141521183_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_3070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2701 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240131_115500 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230803_124244591 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#203 2 years ago

I've been working on a defensive project to keep the neighbor's bamboo from spreading into my property. I've dug up several rhizomes in the back corner of my property. Here is a shot looking over the fence at their bamboo - they hacked most of it down last fall which is the only attempt at control I've seen since I moved here 12 years ago:

Neighbor's BambooNeighbor's Bamboo

I'm tired of chasing this rhizome-by-rhizome so I decided to put in a bamboo barrier. I wanted something tough so I found a place online that sells used conveyor belts. I bought one that is 24" wide and 80 feet long. It's seriously tough stuff, there is no way that bamboo will push through it. I've been hand-digging a trench along the fence where I'll bury this conveyor standing vertically.

trenchtrench

I've got about 30 foot of trench dug out of 55 that I plan to install. Tough digging - lots of rocks, tree roots, and buried junk. Today I installed and backfilled the first 10 feet. It gives a good look at what I hope the entire finished project will look like:

Installed lookInstalled look

In this pic you can see some of the belt above ground:

Incomplete with belt viewIncomplete with belt view

Not really a lawn photo, but an example of what I'm going through to ensure I don't lose my lawn to bamboo.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & S Skee Ball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-lawn?tu=rkahr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.