IMG_20231111_122213409 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230914_151306928_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20230611_154227 (resized).jpg
IMG_2340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1633 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 2 years ago

I bought a Honda HRX217 when we moved into current house in 2011, embarrassed to say this is the first year I did a full tune up and new blades.

Dayhuff - that is impressive, doesn't even look like the same house

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Anyone have a somewhat bumpy yard. Bumpy yard is not good for the mower.... I've been told rolling it in the spring is good. Another place said rolling was bad for the yard as it compacted it. Air rating the best bet. ??
Having dirt sprinkled in to fill the voids?

We had a 50ft pine tree fall in my yard over the winter so I have been dealing with low spots as well. Chainsawed and used a backhoe to rip the stump & root system out then spread top soil as best we could and seeded.

Now I have huge patch of fresh grass and various low spots that I have been tossing top soil down a trowel at a time whenever I mow. Yes, I know this may take me forever but since the lawn is now *green* I am not too worried about it

1 week later
#250 2 years ago

Who wants to share their stats? Total area mowed and method used (push mow, rider, tractor, weedwack only, etc)

I push mow .34 acres which I would guess about average

3 weeks later
#311 2 years ago

This is my current trouble spot. Had a 50ft pine here that fell over winter, so this is my first go at leveling and making it somewhat green. Didnt weed/feed as it was bare dirt in spring. Still has a bit of unlevel to it.

20210623_195334 (resized).jpg20210623_195334 (resized).jpg

#313 2 years ago

Used a backhoe to pull out stump and root system then tamped down what dirt was left. Then added a few yards of topsoil and raked it out by hand and seeded. Now I have grass but an uneven surface where the ground has settled at different rates.

1624530294821_20210101_115349 (resized).jpg1624530294821_20210101_115349 (resized).jpgResized_20201225_095721(1) (resized).jpegResized_20201225_095721(1) (resized).jpeg
#348 2 years ago

Very nice. I find your driveway set up fascinating, do you have two garages?

9 months later
#580 2 years ago

My arborvitae got pretty disease ravaged over the last 3-4 years. I was slowly trimming away dead and dying parts until I just said F it and ripped them all out and replaced with beach grasses. Stumps were left behind and I figured to rent a grinder from Home Depot and be done with all of it.

Disaster - their grinder didn't work. Got up to speed and pretty much just stopped when it hit stump, needed new belts which naturally they had to order. Had to resort to old school methods of chopping, pulling, crosshatching, drilling, etc so I expect it will be a couple years before they are gone.

#581 2 years ago

My spring lawn excitement came by way of finding out leaving the hose attached to a Woodford 17 anti-siphon push/pull sillcock (lol outdoor spigot) over winter is a big no no as it prevents the water from receding in the valve. My reward was a split copper line inside the foundation, fortunately $36 and an hour of my time fixed the issue.

1 month later
#657 1 year ago

Not exactly lawn related but put this fence up last weekend in 90 degree heat. Still need to add post caps and put a light back on the outside post.

Needed to hide my firewood and misc yard waste repository since it faces the street. Lucked into 6 large Crown Cork & Seal plastic pallets to keep wood off the ground. Will need to burn these two rotted ones.

And yes, the shed needs some attention

PXL_20220522_123847792 (resized).jpgPXL_20220522_123847792 (resized).jpgPXL_20220523_123720469 (resized).jpgPXL_20220523_123720469 (resized).jpg
#665 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Toy store visit toddy and picked up this sweet T!

The pride of my Stihl fleet is a SE61 vacuum cleaner - everybody seems to have a backpack blower and chainsaw but guys do a double take on the vacuum.

2 weeks later
#734 1 year ago

Rage inducing.

Family member tried to *help* by mowing my lawn and took it upon themselves to lower the mower deck from my 4" setting to 3"

Since I use a Honda mulching mower I then had to mow again at a different angle on 3.5" just to clear out the clumps of grass laying on the lawn. THEN I had to take my backpack blower and retrace every step to break up the remaining clumps. Huge mess and grass clippings everywhere and I am still left with a lawn missing the best one inch of thick green grass.

So my "helper" cost me twice as much time and effort. #sad

#743 1 year ago

Pro tip - I start in the garage using my handheld Bosch 18v blower then switch to the backpack blower once I get the back corners cleared.

It's much easier to get behind and under stuff with the little guy and it will run 20 mins on high with a 4a pack

#773 1 year ago

I use the vacuum. Time proven method and the 42" handle keeps me in the Safe Zone

#792 1 year ago

I think it will be fine

#818 1 year ago

Perfect weekend for yardwork in the Mid-Atlantic region, even treated myself to hand splitting some firewood.

Found some poison ivy in my decorative bed around a large landscape rock. I normally don't use poisons but have no sense of humor for that shit and will eradicate it with extreme prejudice.

3 weeks later
#938 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That what I love about this new Zoysia, it’s like shag carpet. Feels so much better than Bermuda on bare feet. I’m gonna go finish my 4th beer on it now.

I had faith in your sod. Glad it's coming around

3 weeks later
#1012 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Surprised no one noticed the spiffs of crabgrass bottom right of pic. Pretty much takes me out of the 2022 LOY award.

Well....you are being so good after your hiatus I didn't want to say anything. Also are you growing a clover patch in the upper center? You may actually pull a DQ before voting even commences.

3 weeks later
#1100 1 year ago

Wow. Never seen lawn damage like that before, somebody was hungry

7 months later
#1230 1 year ago

Put down Scotts weed and feed 3 days ago - got a thunderstorm tonight so guessing its time to start mowing next week as the front grass is probably 8" in places.

Love my Fisker loppers; not sure if they are all like this but mine have a button you can use to extend the handles a foot or so, very helpful. Def need to remember to sharpen them this week. I don't have much pruning to do but usually grab my folding Corona Razortooths. Found these barely used,` older(from back when they were still made in Japan) at a local garage sale for $1.00 - not for the timid, blade is no joke.

2 weeks later
#1291 1 year ago

Weed & feed did a pretty good job. My lawn is coming in nice, green and thick with very few dandelions. I like to patrol every couple days with a pair of scissors and just lop any yellow flowers or buds before they get a chance to seed.

2 weeks later
#1355 11 months ago

I let the thread down. Scotts Weed & Feed plus a week of heavy rains gave me a nice lush 10" carpet of thick green grass. Of course my Honda mulching mower isn't made for that much so my cut is the sloppiest hack job ever. Gonna mow again tomorrow against the grain but may be time for another blade.

#1361 11 months ago

I'm in a neighborhood so need a much more controlled burn but still have a fire tonite. We use a mid 70s cast iron Danish woodstove called a Morso - love it! End of the night just close the doors and let it burn itself out.

PXL_20230506_004548907 (resized).jpgPXL_20230506_004548907 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1369 11 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’ve got a “hillbilly fire pit”. It’s an old cast iron wood stove with some single wall vent pipe and a spark arrestor cap so I don’t have to worry as much about lighting the neighborhood on fire when it’s dry out.

Love it! I really need to upgrade my firepit game with a stone wall like you have there.

3 weeks later
#1466 10 months ago

Anybody else ever wage war on thistle?

Never really had any before and now the rear of my yard (.34 acre) by the compost pile has developed this problem. I pulled all the larger plants and did spot roundup treatment on any new growth. They start out small down in the grass with prickly little leaves and eventually were growing about 2' tall.

They suck as you need heavy gloves to pull and seem to spread easily so I'm wondering if there is a more efficient method

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-lawn?tu=boscokid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.