Screenshot_20240420-122517 (resized).png
IMG_20240418_141521183_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_3070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2701 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240131_115500 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230803_124244591 (resized).jpg
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 37.
#501 2 years ago

Nice. My front yard is currently covered in snow

#502 2 years ago

Nice and white!

#503 2 years ago

Look at the perfectly edging on the side walk. What a beautiful house and property. The dental moulding - brick - windows ..etc etc

#504 2 years ago

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#505 2 years ago

Mmmm ..spring is in the air, time for fertilization peoples.

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Mmmm ..spring is in the air, time for fertilization peoples.

Given fertilizer shortages and price increases, I bought mine earlier in the year. Maybe apply Tues or Wed, weather permitting.

#507 2 years ago

Red Alert! ..sump pump drain pipe crack! Bought the rubber coupling and almost ready for installation
Major lawn damage to begin season. Lame.

20220411_162113 (resized).jpg20220411_162113 (resized).jpg20220411_182515 (resized).jpg20220411_182515 (resized).jpg20220411_182523 (resized).jpg20220411_182523 (resized).jpg
#508 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Red Alert! ..sump pump drain pipe crack! Bought the rubber coupling and almost ready for installation
Major lawn damage to begin season. Lame.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So is the one on the left the sump drain? And the one on the right is some sort of french drain?

#509 2 years ago

I laid down a bunch of grass seed and top soil yesterday and got a big rain today. I hope it didn't all wash away. I swear buying grass seed is like throwing money into the wind.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

So is the one on the left the sump drain? And the one on the right is some sort of french drain?

I think the left pipe original foundation drain ..the right French drain is current drain..3" pipe

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I laid down a bunch of grass seed and top soil yesterday and got a big rain today. I hope it didn't all wash away. I swear buying grass seed is like throwing money into the wind.

Core aerate, THEN seed...seeds gets down into the core holes exposing it to more moisture, and preventing wash away and critters eating it.

In a small area- top dress, seed, then lay down a generous layer of straw (NOT HAY) on top for protection.

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I think the left pipe original foundation drain ..the right French drain is current drain..3" pipe

The French Drain pipe...the holes need to be facing down. So since you got things dug up, you might want to replace that, toss some stones around it too, etc. Do you have water issues in that area?

For some reason, I obese over drainage systems and sump pumps. Almost OCD level.

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Core aerate, THEN seed...seeds gets down into the core holes exposing it to more moisture, and preventing wash away and critters eating it.
In a small area- top dress, seed, then lay down a generous layer of straw (NOT HAY) on top for protection.

Aerator machines are cheap to rent and fun to operate.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

The French Drain pipe...the holes need to be facing down. So since you got things dug up, you might want to replace that, toss some stones around it too, etc. Do you have water issues in that area?
For some reason, I obese over drainage systems and sump pumps. Almost OCD level.

You drain golf courses ...expected nothing less on proper drainage questions. Pickup rock bags tomorrow.

#515 2 years ago

Drainage boots , coupling and Flat end screwdriver ready for installation.

20220412_132447 (resized).jpg20220412_132447 (resized).jpg
#516 2 years ago

Here is my "lawn".

20220411_164842 (resized).jpg20220411_164842 (resized).jpg20220411_164905 (resized).jpg20220411_164905 (resized).jpg
#517 2 years ago

Well done Op.

20220412_134947 (resized).jpg20220412_134947 (resized).jpg
#518 2 years ago

Live drainage repair! ..pretty exciting start to the 2022 Lawn season imo

#519 2 years ago

I've got a ways to go...

IMG20220412153129 (resized).jpgIMG20220412153129 (resized).jpg
#520 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I've got a ways to go...

You have that addition to get finished first! BTW it has been over a month since an update ...

#521 2 years ago

Well...if you have (2) Crazy as hell German Shorthairs..and when you let them out the slider door (8' of patio cement before the grass starts) then they see a rabbit or worse yet, the all time enemy "The squirl", The yard turns into mud. These dogs have so much torque when they take off the grass is flying. Doesn't help after winter or as of late.. a bunch of rain.

I always have to reseed/resod in the spring, every year.

dogs (resized).jpgdogs (resized).jpg
#522 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Well...if you have (2) Crazy as hell German Shorthairs..and when you let them out the slider door (8' of patio cement before the grass starts) then they see a rabbit or worse yet, the all time enemy "The squirl", The yard turns into mud. These dogs have so much torque when they take off the grass is flying. Doesn't help after winter or as of late.. a bunch of rain.
I always have to reseed/resod in the spring, every year.[quoted image]

I hear ya brother. My dogs are always killing my grass.

Good news though, my grass seed and thin layer of top soil I laid down Sunday survived the storm yesterday. The ground was soggy so I just stomped it all in. We are supposed to get about 1.25 inches tomorrow, so we'll see if it survives that. For those that suggested aerating. Yeah, that would have been smart, but I was too lazy. I don't have a utility trailer anymore, so I would really have to hire it out.

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You drain golf courses ...expected nothing less on proper drainage questions. Pickup rock bags tomorrow.

Golf courses: Not me, but I bet I could! LOL. Grab some landscaping fabric to place over the holes on the French Drain.

#524 2 years ago

Time to clean up some maple leaves that are detrimental to getting some grass to grow in the woods. When all said and done, maybe a 1000lbs hauled to the composting facility (multiple trips). Probably need to cut down another 2-3 trees for some extra sunlight.

Maples grow like weeds! I was out there maybe 5 hr. today bagging w/the JD, but the weather was great today after a week of cold temps. The JD made confetti out of the leaves. Fescue will be out here, bluegrass in the yard proper.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Here is my "lawn".
[quoted image][quoted image]

I bet that is a gorgeous view in the summer. How much land do you have?

#526 2 years ago

oops, duplicate post.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Live drainage repair! ..pretty exciting start to the 2022 Lawn season imo

Just be glad it wasn't your sewer line. Been there, done that, and don't want to ever do it again...

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Only an acre. You can see mountains in the front yard but too hard to see in the pic. It's pretty amazing when they glow after sunset.

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Time to clean up some maple leaves that are detrimental to getting some grass to grow in the woods. When all said and done, maybe a 1000lbs hauled to the composting facility (multiple trips). Probably need to cut down another 2-3 trees for some extra sunlight.
Maples grow like weeds! I was out there maybe 5 hr. today bagging w/the JD, but the weather was great today after a week of cold temps. The JD made confetti out of the leaves. Fescue will be out here, bluegrass in the yard proper.

That's the type of property I need for the dogs..(and me).

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I post a ton of pics on a thread here on Pinside titled "sharing alaska". Some really nice ones on there.

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

That's the type of property I need for the dogs..(and me).

When I had a dog (adopted from the shelter), we'd both go out there and chase each other around, just had a blast. She knew the property boundaries and would go into berserk mode running around and exploring.

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I post a ton of pics on a thread here on Pinside titled "sharing alaska". Some really nice ones on there.

I've seen that thread, great photos. My wife wouldn't last a week up there, LOL.

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I've seen that thread, great photos. My wife wouldn't last a week up there, LOL.

It took years to get my wife to agree to move here. I came up a couple months before her to get things situated. I'll never forget when she came behind me and was here a week; she said to me " I hope we never have to go back".

#534 2 years ago

Talk about yard envy!

I seem to be the only one that doesn't have sprawling acreage and a pool!

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

A small cheap ornamental fence would at least save the first 3 feet of grass beyond the fence once they jump over it.

#536 2 years ago
20220413_121916 (resized).jpg20220413_121916 (resized).jpg
#537 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Take a look at Zoysia grass for that spot, it can take a beating. I remember having some on a slope to help maintain erosion. Definitely likes the warm weather, but I've had some in northern Indiana. I personally didn't plant tho, so not sure of the actual variety.

https://www.pennington.com/all-products/grass-seed/resources/all-you-need-to-know-about-zoysia-grass

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Talk about yard envy!
I seem to be the only one that doesn't have sprawling acreage and a pool!

I don't have much, a little under 2 acres, but I enjoy it immensely. Ideally I'd like 10-20, but only 2-4 to mow, the rest would be woods.

I tell people "The yard keeps me young and will kill me all at the same time."

I have a buddy who bought 400 acres in Montana (I think). Apparently fairly reasonable priced since you can't really do much w/it (not farm land). Way out in the boonies.

#539 2 years ago

Almost done but site supervisors are useless

20220413_133239 (resized).jpg20220413_133239 (resized).jpg20220413_133307 (resized).jpg20220413_133307 (resized).jpg
#540 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Any thoughts about tapping a maple or 2? What type of Maple?

#541 2 years ago

Tiny house.
Shit driveway.
Awful ground (only rocks. Rock rock rock rock…..)
Newly planted hedge which was a pain to dig due to…. ROCKS!
Lawn is awful because… ROCKS!
But atleast the garage is awesome.
159D81C2-353B-46B4-B957-CEFDE3B7C9DD (resized).jpeg159D81C2-353B-46B4-B957-CEFDE3B7C9DD (resized).jpeg

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Any thoughts about tapping a maple or 2? What type of Maple?

Never looked into that, or even given it much thought really. I'm guessing some varieties are preferred over others for syrup. Plus they're not the biggest diameter, most of those blew down over the years. Not sure of what kind of Maple they are.

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Tiny house.
Shit driveway.
[quoted image]

house and property look awesome imo! Faux shutters recommended on 2 windows
Sorry for edits.I'm senile.

#544 2 years ago

Savings on quote from plumber $900.00
Thank you You Tube.

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Tiny house.
Shit driveway.
[quoted image]

Red maple planted In front of the rock on your lawn
Dig area around said rock with a garden

#546 2 years ago

I made the decision this year to never touch a mower or any other type of yard tool ever again. I’m absolutely thrilled!

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I made the decision this year to never touch a mower or any other type of yard tool ever again. I’m absolutely thrilled!

So how did you talk the wife into mowing?

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

house and property look awesome imo! Faux shutters recommended on 2 windows
Sorry for edits.I'm senile.

Thank you!
I’m on both sides regarding the faux shutters. But the house has looked like this ever since it’s been built in 1935 so I’d like to keep it like that.
I’m currently restoring all original windows on it - horrible job.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Red maple planted In front of the rock on your lawn
Dig area around said rock with a garden

I like to keep it simple.
A lawn that’s easy to mow and no flowers of any kind as they require maintenance.
Winters are long and harsh here so I love it when spring and summer comes around and everything is green.

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Thank you!
I’m on both sides regarding the faux shutters. But the house has looked like this ever since it’s been built in 1935 so I’d like to keep it like that.
I’m currently restoring all original windows on it - horrible job.

I like to keep it simple.
A lawn that’s easy to mow and no flowers of any kind as they require maintenance.
Winters are long and harsh here so I love it when spring and summer comes around and everything is green.

And nice Viper!

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I've got a ways to go...
[quoted image]

Looks like you're building a house?

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-lawn/page/11?hl=vipertim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.