IMG_20230914_151306928_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20230611_154227 (resized).jpg
IMG_2340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1633 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1511 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 36.
#1 2 years ago

I take pride in my lawn. Weeds are unacceptable.
Show us your glorious lawn!
Picture of my go - to weed remover as well.
Just clip the top of the grass when you cut. Nice healthy longer grass will suffocate the weeds and don't forget to water early in the morning.

20210517_131713 (resized).jpg20210517_131713 (resized).jpg20210517_131922 (resized).jpg20210517_131922 (resized).jpg20210517_132015 (resized).jpg20210517_132015 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

The yellow color in front of the pick nic table is not a weed ...fyi.

#3 2 years ago

Keep your blade sharp! After 5 to 6 mowings pull blade and inspect/sharpen it.

#4 2 years ago

Great point and often ignored. Also change oil in your mower when required.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Keep your blade sharp! After 5 to 6 mowings pull blade and inspect/sharpen it.

I mulch sticks, rocks, or whatever is in front of the mower. Not sure I have ever sharpened the blades in 9 years. If its green its lawn to me. Not one of my favorite jobs...

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Great point and often ignored. Also change oil in your mower when required.

Same. Bought the Honda mower about 9 years ago and don't think I have ever changed the oil. She starts on the first pull and the grass cuts so thats as far as my effort goes lol.

#6 2 years ago

Make sure you check the wheels on a push mower. Sometimes wheels will drop notches and inadvertently cause a short cut.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Make sure you check the wheels on a push mower. Sometimes wheels will drop notches and inadvertently cause a short cut.

I am in need of new wheels myself. It is worn to the point where you see a white line, kinda like on a vehicle tire. My Toro , I finally found out the year. 1987 !

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I mulch sticks, rocks, or whatever is in front of the mower. Not sure I have ever sharpened the blades in 9 years. If its green its lawn to me. Not one of my favorite jobs...

Same. Bought the Honda mower about 9 years ago and don't think I have ever changed the oil. She starts on the first pull and the grass cuts so thats as far as my effort goes lol.

Don't cut mulch or rocks. Use a weed wacker.
Should be at least 40 volt. Black and decker 40 volt is my go to.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OIL CHANGE IS URGENT. Also your filter is probably a disaster.

#10 2 years ago

My mower has an engine that requires no oil change, just add if needed... kinda odd to me but they warranty it for that usage.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

My mower has an engine that requires no oil change, just add if needed... kinda odd to me but they warranty it for that usage.

Unless it's a 2 stroke that seems odd. I'll have to look into that.

#12 2 years ago
20210517_140034 (resized).jpg20210517_140034 (resized).jpg
#13 2 years ago

Very nice! Hedges are gorgeous. Love the stone work.

#14 2 years ago

This is my backyard right when winter ended. Heard a noise one day saw this awesome machine fly by, I need one!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Impossible! Likely your oil chamber is empty, that’s a slogan. Check your oil.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I am in need of new wheels myself. It is worn to the point where you see a white line, kinda like on a vehicle tire. My Toro , I finally found out the year. 1987 !

Very happy with my toro no air tires. I apologize, the wheels And deck require a clean.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#17 2 years ago

Cub cadet snowblower - TORO for basic lawn Maintenance.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Don't cut mulch or rocks. Use a weed wacker.
Should be at least 40 volt. Black and decker 40 volt is my go to.

I’m sorry this would keep me up at night. Not impressed.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

your lucky ! You get to pick out new lawn mower tires! Be patient , check your options. Do your research. Some guys have all the luck.

#20 2 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#21 2 years ago

My front lawn is a giant clover patch. The honeybees love it. I see no reason to kill it off. Just have to pick off the occasional carpenter bee.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

your lucky ! You get to pick out new lawn mower tires! Be patient , check your options. Do your research. Some guys have all the luck.

8" plastic wheels oem $30 each. Looking at The Home Depot for a close match, hopefully cheaper.

#23 2 years ago

8" plastic wheels oem $30 each. Looking at The Home Depot for a close match, hopefully cheaper.
Pricey but I would do it.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

[quoted image]

No consideration to painting the foundation brick? That concerns me.

#25 2 years ago

Just built a pergola on my deck last week so took this photo. My dogs like to dig holes so walk across my back yard at your own risk!

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 2.44.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-17 at 2.44.00 PM (resized).png

#26 2 years ago

The pergola/ lawn is gorgeous.

#27 2 years ago

Lawn of the year candidate imo.

#28 2 years ago

There are weeds under the deck, lattice perhaps?

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

My front lawn is a giant clover patch. The honeybees love it. I see no reason to kill it off. Just have to pick off the occasional carpenter bee.

Your not worthy to be on this thread anymore. Sorry.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

There are weeds under the deck, lattice perhaps?

Yea thought about it but that's where my dogs go to dig holes and lay in the dirt. I don't mind the weeds. Some of them are actually pretty cool looking.

#31 2 years ago

Feels like we’ve had a summer spring drought for two years here in MA, had water bans all summer and it really killed my back lawn unfortunately.

#32 2 years ago

Great topic. Here's my story. We moved into this house in Dec 1999 so being winter time we didn't see much of the yard what with the snow and quite frankly didn't care, we were just happy to have a huge house and the basement was all mine.
Come spring 2000 I got my first look at the dead lawn with giant oaks that continued to ruin the grass for the next 18 years with leaves and sticks that never stopped making a mess until I finally said I'd had it and we had 13 trees taken out in the fall of 2017, stumps and all. Next it was time for underground sprinklers to be installed the following spring, forty yards of topsoil dirt brought in, seeded it all and it's starting to look pretty decent now. I can now say that we went from having the worst looking lawn on the street to being in the top four in my opinion. It's still got a ways to go but it's filling in pretty good over all and is a huge improvement over what it was for years.
John

IMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0088 (resized).JPGIMG_0088 (resized).JPGIMG_0091 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0091 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0096 (resized).JPGIMG_0096 (resized).JPGIMG_0098 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0098 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0099 (resized).JPGIMG_0099 (resized).JPG
#33 2 years ago

Yea thought about it but that's where my dogs go to dig holes and lay in the dirt. I don't mind the weeds. Some of them are actually pretty cool looking
Weeds are not cool. Lattice with a trap door for the dogs.

#34 2 years ago

Grass does go into hibernation. A gold lawn in hot summer does not necessarily mean a dead lawn.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Great topic. Here's my story. We moved into this house in Dec 1999 so being winter time we didn't see much of the yard what with the snow and quite frankly didn't care, we were just happy to have a huge house and the basement was all mine.
Come spring 2000 I got my first look at the dead lawn with giant oaks that continued to ruin the grass for the next 18 years with leaves and sticks that never stopped making a mess until I finally said I'd had it and we had 13 trees taken out in the fall of 2017, stumps and all. Next it was time for underground sprinklers to be installed the following spring, forty yards of topsoil dirt brought in, seeded it all and it's starting to look pretty decent now. I can now say that we went from having the worst looking lawn on the street to being in the top four in my opinion. It's still got a ways to go but it's filling in pretty good over all and is a huge improvement over what it was for years.
John
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a dramatic change...well done!

#36 2 years ago

I bought a Honda HRX217 when we moved into current house in 2011, embarrassed to say this is the first year I did a full tune up and new blades.

Dayhuff - that is impressive, doesn't even look like the same house

#37 2 years ago

Don’t mean to pick but..whats with the Dead patches in front and to the right of the tree? (4th pic scrolled down from top)

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I bought a Honda HRX217 when we moved into current house in 2011, embarrassed to say this is the first year I did a full tune up and new blades.

Wow...your also not worthy.

#39 2 years ago

Be a man and always take care of your power equipment .

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Don’t mean to pick but..whats with the Dead patches in front and to the right of the tree? (4th pic scrolled down from top)

Nope not being mean at all. Those were still some stubborn areas at that time that had a couple of large oaks that just didn't want to fill in with grass at first. They had to be reseeded and had straw on them to contain the moisture. I should take some newer pictures but this what I have on file at the moment.

John

#41 2 years ago

Top soil grass Seed lots of water didn’t fix that?

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Thanks. We've really tried hard to make it look like something and I think we've succeeded so far but were still working on it as the transformation doesn't happen over night. Actually the driveway guys are supposed to be here any minute now to put a new coating on the driveway since it's been two years and it needs it again.

John

IMG_0059 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (2) (resized).JPGPitch Black Asphalt, July 19th, 2019.  $300 (resized).jpegPitch Black Asphalt, July 19th, 2019. $300 (resized).jpeg
#43 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Top soil grass Seed lots of water didn’t fix that?

O'yeah, it's hardly noticeable now. It just takes some time, these are old pictures.

John

#44 2 years ago

Beautiful home and lawn.

#45 2 years ago

This is pretty much the whole back yard. Some clover has gotten in but otherwise not bad. Front yard is a work in progress ...

20200526_060642 (resized).jpg20200526_060642 (resized).jpg
#46 2 years ago

Well done John ,that was alot of lawn to repair.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

No consideration to painting the foundation brick? That concerns me.

Been like that since '94, owner doesn't seem concerned about it.

#48 2 years ago

We are getting there. Last year we pulled up 4 dump truck loads of rocks and pavers and put down 30 yards of dirt. The entire hill was dirt before we seeded. Have overseesed again recently. Have some bare spots going down the hill and dense shade, so it will take some time.

4DBE8EBD-69EE-425A-A809-BF044A901A2F (resized).jpeg4DBE8EBD-69EE-425A-A809-BF044A901A2F (resized).jpeg
#49 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Been like that since '94, owner doesn't seem concerned about it.

Nonetheless beautiful property

#50 2 years ago

What weed?

B3CC00BA-1F52-464C-8F23-45D833313CF1 (resized).jpegB3CC00BA-1F52-464C-8F23-45D833313CF1 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-lawn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.