IMG_1181 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1179 (resized).jpeg
990CAB7A-2911-402B-8DFB-002768451A3A (resized).jpeg
30CE58DB-0ED0-4AD8-849A-3844C5288E0B (resized).jpeg
DSCN8078 (resized).jpg
104_1877 (resized).JPG
104_1875 (resized).JPG
2E79C59D-FC50-4F78-9860-FFDFE332050F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here is a picture of my Super Slugger BG. Does anyone make this glass?

I got my Star Slugger from Gary Conway and it passes.
I'm not sure if he's done the Super Slugger. Surely a
machine that deserves a nice glass. Might be worth
checking..

1 year later
#389 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

along with a 1960 Bally Ball Park.

Say, not many have a Bally Ball Park. The only P & B with a Man-Run-Unit that Bally made..
That backglass looks in good shape. Is that original or repro? I have a few P & Bs, and all
though it's been a few years now, here's the latest I've gotten in. She's a good player!

IMG_0741 (resized).JPGIMG_0741 (resized).JPG
8 months later
#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

How does one align the pitching mechanism?

I have a few P&Bs and it seems to me at one time, I had the same problem as you're having..
For me I studied the throwing arm (that makes contact with the ball) and tweaked it
a bit which solved the issue..
If that arm looks to be offset, I'd maybe try doing a little adjustment to correct it..

1 month later
#435 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I think that some of their titles are extraordinary and much under-appreciated.

Years back after picking up a Midway's Fun Ball, and already having multiple Man-Run-the-Bases P&Bs, I figured it
wasn't going to be any big deal of a game, but after going through it, it's actually a good player. This was the add-a-ball
version. I had the Replay Fun Ball, and it wasn't the same as the AAB's play. Midway's Rifle Gallery's another one that
I'll always have set up..
Not a good pic, but I'm able to complete the series with the Midway's Champ. Years later after opening it up, I
understood why the guy traded it in. Much was missing. Many of the missing components are Bally parts which I
had on hand and got her to play 100%..

IMG_0743 (resized).JPGIMG_0743 (resized).JPG
#436 4 years ago
Quoted from dcannan:

I have a 1964 Midway Winner.

Is this Dennis? Only Winner that I know of in Rochester..

3 months later
#444 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I recently picked up a 1954 Chicago Coin "Home Run" pitch and bat game which needs major restoration.

So I take it that the bg isn't in too good of shape..

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Do you have a repro?

No, I don't have a repro, just wondering if I may have interest
because I already have dozens of other good size projects, so not
sure if I'd want any others...

9 months later
#550 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

So is this the at rest home position?

Yes, that looks to be the run-out switch which would be home..
EDIT: I didn't attach any pic. No idea how that pic attached!
Anyways, I have Williams P&Bs, but not any set up, but I'm sure
that is the position when at rest..

IMG_1446 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_1446 (1) (resized).JPG

1 week later
#553 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

How do you adjust the running man frame so that the base runners line up with the bases?

I haven't ever needed to do it, but I'd say adjust the Man-Running Motor Cam so the Run-Out Switch
opens at the proper time.

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Looks like the position of the motor cam is determined by the position of the roll pin thru the motor shaft.

Okay. I was thinking set screws.

Quoted from SteveinTexas:

If you look at the picture you attached there is one switch on the upper left that has two screws in a slotted frame. That is the adjustment..... as much as it is.

Yes, that looks to be the only set of switches in it's notch. Has to be the run-out switch.

7 months later
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

If i get an image I can have Peter Koch do a recreate for me...

Last week I pulled an Extra Inning from the barn and replaced the fuse holders, but it's
now 45 minutes away.
Today I pulled a batting Champ, which I'm pretty certain is the same (as far as fuse block)
and the top (which you probably know) is 6 Volts, 10 Amp.
It's on the right side instead of the left, but I'm sure it's the same and if nothing else,
I'll take a pic of that if you want. We'll give it a day or so..

#602 2 years ago

Well, long story short. Back in the 90s I picked up a Batting Champ that was a mess. Glass shot.
This was before I had glasses digitized, so I took a pic of a Friend's glass with a 35 mm camera,
and had one printed out. It's not crisp, but works. Put it in the local Community Center (Kids love
Man-run-Bases) and one day I stop in, and the lock locked funny. It was a different lock! The lock
been changed with them having the key, and not by little kids, but management! Yea! High School
working Kids that were the babysitters, but management!
Anyways after sitting in the barn for 10, 12 years, I pulled her out, and despite even a nest in the
head, everything worked. Score Reels, man unit, beating the high score gives 5 extra runs at the
end of the game. All was good which surprised me a little bit especially the score reels not being at
least a little sticky. There's actually a little bit more to the story, but enough's, enough.
Anyways, didn't William's Man-run-the-Bases from the 60s use 3/4" balls? 2 of my other Williams
from the 60s have 3/4" balls (or I think they're 3/4"), but this machine's been played with larger
balls. Maybe 13/16". It plays fine, but I'm pretty sure it suppose to have 3/4" balls, right?

IMG_0529 (resized).JPGIMG_0529 (resized).JPG
#605 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

can somebody take a picture of their fuse block label on a Williams 1962 Extra Innings P&B

Well, it does kinda look as if it's 60 years old, but this is from a 1961 Williams Batting Champ P&B.
I'd have to think it's the same label markings as Extra Inning..

IMG_0531 (resized).JPGIMG_0531 (resized).JPG
#606 2 years ago

Many years ago I had the "Super Home Run" plexi made for Batting Champ,
the file got lost, so had it recreated for Extra Inning. I can have it made in
a decal form, so if anyone could use one, it's 30 or 35 bucks. (I picked up a
few things at the same time, so I'm not sure on the exact amount).
You cut the proper size plexi (I use lexan), punch a hole in it for the Super
Home Run, and apply the decal on the backside.

IMG_0532 (resized).JPGIMG_0532 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#609 2 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

Actually just need the wire that activates the switch when the player rotates around to third base.

I have baseball parts in a ben. Tomorrow I'll check if I have any.
If not, as mentioned, you can make your own. I formed ball bowler
rollovers with thin stainless steel rod, but first I'll know by tomorrow
morning if I have an original..

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

If original wire / switch is available great.

If not will make a piece up as suggested

Sorry. I took a look and have the men, but not the wire.. (T)

1 week later
#621 2 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

As bat stem physically pushes the switch don’t see how contact with the switch can be avoided?

You need to put fish paper under the roller blade from front to tail, or better yet.
Epoxy or Contact Cement a thin rubber strip under the roller blade.
And well you're at it, you might want to first straighten that blade out so it's not
touching the blade underneath it in the center..

#624 2 years ago

fix the switch so it touches the leaf and all is good.

That's right. It's nylon. I have a few, but it's been awhile. He only needs to straighten the roller blade..

Quoted from megoman:

When I took the photo I thought the switch stack with the bent leaf seemed a little odd.

Yea, wonder how that got bent. It shouldn't matter, but I'd maybe make sure the roller is free.
You wouldn't think so, but might have gotten snagged.

1 week later
#634 2 years ago

Years back, before putting on backings, my Graphic Designer did a beautiful job digitizing the art work for
Score Board. This week he did the block out backing. I don't have a before pic, but it made all the difference..

IMG_0611 (resized).JPGIMG_0611 (resized).JPG
#641 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

The 1962 Williams parts book confirms that Baseball games used 7/8" balls with the only exception being Official Baseball (1960) which uses 3/4". Later catalogs show the same info.

This is good to know. I have a few P & Bs and was told 3/4" balls in 1960s Williams games.
Do you know if 7/8" applies to all Williams machines after 1962?

#643 2 years ago

One thing to remind everyone is the plastic bats are a reason that people recommend 3/4" balls as they are prone to break. I prefer to use 7/8" balls but I have spare bats.

One thing I've learned to do with all my machines with plastic bats is contact cement a
piece of rubber on the front of the bat where the ball strikes. A piece of used 3/8" 3" flipper
rubber works ideally. To my recollection, a plastic bat hasn't broken since applying rubbers
(mid 90s).
Also, if switching from 7/8" to 3/4", having to reduce the pitch speed is a real possibility.
After recently making that ball change on an Extra Inning, the ball speed increased so much,
that I guess it was playable, but extremely uncomfortably, so I just stuck with the 7/8".
The Batting Practice plays well with 3/4", but now knowing 7/8" is the norm, have to do a
little experimenting, but I think maybe switching to 7/8" may be a little better for Score Board's
play..

1 week later
#649 2 years ago
Quoted from smohr:

When you add the rubber on the bat, does it give a ball a little more lift/action?

Hey Steve!
Because it's been awhile I can't remember what performance it may have changed except that
the added strip of rubber appears to have absorbed much of the balls punishment.
Is there a way you can slightly space the front of the ramps upward on All Stars?
I remember having that problem on one of the baseball machines, and I raised the front
of the ramp with a small washer, and that did the trick..
Just a very little more pitch can make the difference.
btw: I have/had P&B men-run-the-bases in public places (Kids love playing them), and can't
remember having a plastic bat break after 25 years since adding the rubber strip.. (T)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mopar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-pitch-and-bat-games?tu=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.