IMG_1181 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1179 (resized).jpeg
990CAB7A-2911-402B-8DFB-002768451A3A (resized).jpeg
30CE58DB-0ED0-4AD8-849A-3844C5288E0B (resized).jpeg
DSCN8078 (resized).jpg
104_1877 (resized).JPG
104_1875 (resized).JPG
2E79C59D-FC50-4F78-9860-FFDFE332050F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 9 years ago

Got my Williams '66 Pitch and Bat totally up and running. Started with a good base game (thanks Hoov) then put some fresh parts on the bat mechanism (pretty beefy compared to pinball flippers) and completely took apart/de-gunked and lightly lubed the pitching mechanism. There is now a significant difference between the Fast and Slow balls.

Added a new home run plastic from Steve in Texas which really brightens up the play field. Had some issues with the 2nd player but finally got that figured out.

The game really is a blast and super fun as a 2-player game. I can see this being a huge hit a parties.

One question I have is that you can see how the color in the words "Pitch and Bat" is completely washed out. If I put a piece of red colored plastic (like from a see-through plastic file folder) behind the letters, would that look OK?

Bat Driver Arm.JPGBat Driver Arm.JPG
Check out the wear on the bat driver arm!

Full Front.JPGFull Front.JPG

Head ON.JPGHead ON.JPG

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

hy don't you just put some Red Lamp Covers over your #47 Bulbs to get the color back?

This game uses a florescent tube behind the back glass.

However a guy at a hobby shop gave me a great tip. I went to an auto parts store and got a roll of red tail light tape. Then cut a thin piece of plastic the same shape as "Pitch and Bat" and put the tape over that. Finally, just attached that to the back glass with some low tack painters tape.

Really turned out great. Unfortunately, when you try to take a picture of it, it still looks pretty white. I will try again later. Great tip!

1 week later
#212 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

But, if anyone can give me some direction on how to convert these to free-play, I'd apprciate it.

On my '66 Williams Pitch and Bat I just ran a short jumper wire on the switch blades in the credit unit that open when the credit wheel is at Zero. Takes only a few seconds to identify and jump (I put the alligator clip right were the wire is soldered onto the base of the blades) and it's super easy to take off if you ever want to play using coins.

Very cool looking game and great job on the restoration.

1 year later
#260 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I picked up a Williams Upper Deck that I am restoring.
I have got the machine to work and I am still working out some issues.
The machine has a "mixer unit" to vary the pitching.

PinballAir -

Good luck on your tweaking of the game. I played a lot of games on Upper Deck as a teenager at Tiny Tim's Hobby Shop in Royal Oak, Michigan!

I actually have the 'opposite' situation with my '66 Williams Pitch and Bat. It has 4 pitches and when playing a 2-player game that is great. However, playing a one-player game is not as fun since you 'know' what pitch is coming! I thought it would be better if when you were in 1-player mode, there WAS a 'mixer unit' that would randomize the selection of the pitches so you did not know what was being thrown. I'm sure there is some way to wire this up, but it may be beyond my technical capabilities!

Keep us posted

1 year later
#328 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

To me all baseball games need 2 people to keep the game fun over the long haul.

Totally agree with this and even more of an issue depending on the game. On my Williams 'Pitch & Bat', 2-player mode is awesome because you have four pitches to choose from - makes it very fun. However, when playing solo, it is too tempting just to give yourself the 'slow' pitch and in any case, you know what pitch is coming. I wish they could have made it random pitch selection in 1-player mode - oh, well probably would have cost too much given EM logic limitations.

Home Run Plastic (resized).jpgHome Run Plastic (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#347 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

restoration on my Upper Deck

Looks nice. I played that game a lot back in the day!

2 years later
#449 4 years ago

Game looks great, I played Line Drive a lot back when it first came out.

I really like the crowd scenes you added, was it difficult to do? I have a 1966 Williams 'Pitch & Bat' and would really like to add some crowd scenes, I think they improve the look of the game.

I also saw a pic (below) where Vic Camp had added crowd scenes to another Line Drive that he had done awhile ago. Not sure if the dimensions of the crowd scene (paper?/vinyl?) would be the same as for my 'Pitch and Bat' (bottom picture).

Crowd Scene (resized).jpgCrowd Scene (resized).jpgHome Run Plastic (resized).jpgHome Run Plastic (resized).jpg
#451 4 years ago

Good idea, thanks. Would love to find a good pic from old Tiger stadium (I grew up in Detroit).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-pitch-and-bat-games?tu=heatwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.