IMG_1181 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1179 (resized).jpeg
990CAB7A-2911-402B-8DFB-002768451A3A (resized).jpeg
30CE58DB-0ED0-4AD8-849A-3844C5288E0B (resized).jpeg
DSCN8078 (resized).jpg
104_1877 (resized).JPG
104_1875 (resized).JPG
2E79C59D-FC50-4F78-9860-FFDFE332050F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

Here's a couple of quick shots of my beloved 4 Bagger.

4BaggerA.jpg4BaggerA.jpg 4BaggerB.jpg4BaggerB.jpg
#11 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Does this game really give you a slugging average and high score on the backglass?

Yes. It's been quite a while since I've been able to beat the posted high score. It's neat because on of the baseballs on the backglass lights up with the text "New High Score." or something to that effect.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Sadly, It never made it back home. It mostly played before I sent it out for restoration. Beware of verbal agreements. Even among so-called trusted friends.

Is this the one that got traded for a truck? I wince a little every time I think of that story. If that was you, my condolences. Sounds like you lost an incredible game and a friend.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

Picked up my holy grail a couple months ago. Had been stored for 40 years and was filthy. Rebuilt the score motor and the running man motor.

Yeah, I think that ones right up there with the best of the best. Feature packed and a great looker.

#76 9 years ago

Well, yeah but it's so good you only have to move it once.

1 month later
#107 9 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

I’ve always liked and been drawn to these as a kid so thinking it may be time to start looking for one to add to the collection. Any opinions on price, condition with the limited pics, etc..on this one are welcomed.
baltimore.craigslist.org link
Also I guess when looking at these in person the key is pretty much the same as EM Pins like all parts there, backglass, cabinet, playfield conditions, but anything else to look for on these P&B’s?
Also any leads on anyone selling one in MD/DC/VA/DE area would be welcomed.

Probably fair to a little high for this project. I think this seller is knowledgable and with a little negotiation you could do a little better on it. Williams machines from this era are pretty collectible and it has some nice features. Running man and a home run ramp. Looks to have the wrong bat handle.

Yes, pretty similar to working on an EM pin. If it's complete and cosmetically sound you should be ok generally.

3 weeks later
#125 9 years ago

It looks like the same style as used on later P&B games. I wondered if it was original but all the pics on IPDB show the same style.

Here is a listing for one at Marco but looks to be out of stock.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/3A-102-1

#131 9 years ago

Short Stop is cool because it's attractive and feature packed.

I love my 4 Bagger but when I first started looking for a P&B I was hoping to find one with the following features:
Attractive woodrail cabinet
Running man unit
Multi Pitch
Multi Player
Hole scoring with at least one ramp and home run deck.

Short Stop has all the good stuff.

1 month later
#142 9 years ago

I remember not long ago someone had a couple sets of nice original men on eBay. I was thinking those would be nice to have but I keep trying to keep from hoarding things I don't actually need. I guess I should have picked them up now. I would have then had them for you Jeff.

1 week later
#159 9 years ago

I sold a pretty nice working Mini Baseball 2 years ago for $325. It seemed like there was a rash of them available at the time. It has it's charm, animated runners and crowd noise. It also doesn't take up much space. With that said it's not nearly as fun as a true P&B.

I'm not actively looking but wouldn't be opposed to a Heavy Hitter or United Tenth Inning myself.

#162 9 years ago

It disappeared…

It was a nice example for the money.

2 months later
#178 9 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Figured I'd post this question here as this thread has a lot of good consolidated info for these games.
Does any one have a good source to buy a replacement ball flap? My game uses the 7 1/4 x 2 inch flap.
Thanks

I have never bought from them, but these may be a good source.
http://www.scvgames.com/items-for-sale/details.cfm/id-90/pitch-and-bat-ball-flap---new

3 weeks later
#185 9 years ago

I thought it looked pretty nice until I saw that front cabinet photo.

4 weeks later
#190 9 years ago

Ooh, very cool. Congrats.

1 month later
#211 9 years ago

Looks awesome! Has anyone sourced a replacement for the rubber strips that go along the play field sides?

#216 9 years ago

Sliced into two sections that might do the trick. I bet it would look just fine. I wonder if it's rubbery enough?

2 months later
#225 8 years ago

Wow is that thing cool!

10 months later
#279 7 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Well, finally down the home stretch on this. Another AlexF successful quest resulted in a Pinch Hitter in the far north (Minnesota). Had to do a fair amount of work, but that was what I wanted. Cabinet repainted, pitching unit working new buttons and bumpers, rebuilt batting mechanism and a host of other odds and ends. I still need to do a bit of tweaking to get some of the hit/out switches dialed in but very playable and a great game!

That really turned out great Brooks.

1 week later
#281 7 years ago

Oh Sweet!

#286 7 years ago

I think what's really cool about those games is they are unique enough you can include one in collection alongside a more traditional P&B.

Hey that Genco roll down is a real looker too.

#288 7 years ago

Got to visit the Disco and play Presqueisle's Star Slugger last night. Super cool game. Very fun and loaded with charm. Nice collection all around and a gracious host.

10 months later
#327 6 years ago

Oh I don't know my old single player 4 Bagger has stood the test of time. I think it and Skill Roll have had a place longest in my collection. I liked it so much I upgraded it once. With that said, I do agree a 2 player option is nice if you can get it.

1 month later
#357 6 years ago

Just put mine up for sale if anyone is interested.
janesville.craigslist.org link

3 months later
#372 6 years ago

I've had my 4 Bagger up for sale before but chickened out. It's a nice original game that's been with me a long time. I could use the cash for an upcoming project so I'll throw it out there again.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/52559

4Bagger (resized).jpg4Bagger (resized).jpg

2 years later
#441 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Is there a reference website for pitch and bat games?
I know they're on ipdb, but they're mixed in with the bingos and pins.

Pinrepair.com has a lot of P&B info.

http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/index.htm

8 months later
#478 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Going to pick up a Williams 4 Bagger next week and I think it’ll fit in my van but it’s going to be really close fit.
Does any one here have access to one that could give me a length measurement please?

I've hauled a couple 4 Baggers in different Ford Explorers. I'm sure it will fit in a van.

#480 3 years ago

I think you will be ok. If you search for dimensions there was one that sold at auction. They list the length at 65.75". I'm guessing some of that is the bat handle that could be adjusted upward to gain a little bit.

It's a great game. I miss mine. I sold my Skill Roll and 4 Bagger to a buddy. After some time he sold me Skill Roll back but wanted to keep 4 Bagger.

2 years later
#720 11 months ago

Anyone have a source for a replacement 1950s Williams metal bat?

DSCN8078 (resized).jpgDSCN8078 (resized).jpg
#722 11 months ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Hi Alex, no replacement unfortunately.
It is a two part bat and the piece that has broken is a simple fabrication. There are two spring clips that need punching out use the centering punch type) and then you can see what needs fabricating. Basically a flat bar with two holes. The rubber can be substituted with hydraulic hose I understand.

Thanks Steve. This is actually O-din's game. This bat has been reworked/welded. He tried but wasn't have any luck getting the pins out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-pitch-and-bat-games?tu=AlexF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.