IMG_1181 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1179 (resized).jpeg
990CAB7A-2911-402B-8DFB-002768451A3A (resized).jpeg
30CE58DB-0ED0-4AD8-849A-3844C5288E0B (resized).jpeg
DSCN8078 (resized).jpg
104_1877 (resized).JPG
104_1875 (resized).JPG
2E79C59D-FC50-4F78-9860-FFDFE332050F (resized).jpeg
There are 740 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Before and after photos of my Rock-Ola 1937 World Series. I bought the game in 1982. Complete top to bottom restoration around 1992. Not by me! I can only dream of having the skills it takes to create a thing of beauty like this. I cannot remember the last name of the person who did this work. His first name was Mark and he lived in southern California and was known for his cabinetry work as evidenced by these photos. Unfortunately there is a very sad tale of betrayal by a trusted friend behind these photos. Not by Mark. Taught me a very good lesson though.

wow, that's absolutely beautiful !
do you still have it, and does it play ?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

wow, that's absolutely beautiful !
do you still have it, and does it play ?

Sadly, It never made it back home. It mostly played before I sent it out for restoration.
One large motor operates everything. Ball elevated to pitcher cup, bat resets automatically, ball pitched to batter, bat swung by handle on front of cabinet, umpire raises right or left hand for ball or strike, ball is deposited in correct slot, next batters name is shown in batter up marquee, (the correct players name from the 1937 world series. Dizzy Dean, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth etc.) 4 balls will cause that ball tray to tip the balls to the single tray, 3 strikes will cause that tray to tip for an out etc. until there are three outs which ends the game. Balls, strikes, singles, doubles, triples and home runs are all counted by shifting balls and counterweights. And, as if that were not enough, the outfielders shift one position left and right when the ball is hit.
All of this done with one freakin' belt driven motor. And I'm probably forgetting some operations of the game. Restored versions of this game have been documented at selling for 40 to 50 grand. I'm told mine ended up east somewhere. Or maybe not. Depends on who you believe.
Beware of verbal agreements. Even among so-called trusted friends.

#53 9 years ago

DSC03279.JPGDSC03279.JPGDSC03278.JPGDSC03278.JPGBChamp111.jpgBChamp111.jpg

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Sadly, It never made it back home. It mostly played before I sent it out for restoration.
One large motor operates everything. Ball elevated to pitcher cup, bat resets automatically, ball pitched to batter, bat swung by handle on front of cabinet, umpire raises right or left hand for ball or strike, ball is deposited in correct slot, next batters name is shown in batter up marquee, (the correct players name from the 1937 world series. Dizzy Dean, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth etc.) 4 balls will cause that ball tray to tip the balls to the single tray, 3 strikes will cause that tray to tip for an out etc. until there are three outs which ends the game. Balls, strikes, singles, doubles, triples and home runs are all counted by shifting balls and counterweights. And, as if that were not enough, the outfielders shift one position left and right when the ball is hit.
All of this done with one freakin' belt driven motor. And I'm probably forgetting some operations of the game. Restored versions of this game have been documented at selling for 40 to 50 grand. I'm told mine ended up east somewhere. Or maybe not. Depends on who you believe.
Beware of verbal agreements. Even among so-called trusted friends.

Here's a link to a very good video of the game being played. Not my game. At least I don't think it is!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

My 1960 Williams DeLuxe Official Baseball. Close up of the ball that I got in person.

Official Baseball 1.jpeg 124 KB

Official Baseball 2.jpeg 120 KB

Official Baseball 3.jpeg 126 KB

Official Baseball 4.jpeg 95 KB

Official Baseball 5.jpeg 73 KB

Official Baseball 6.jpeg 53 KB

Official Baseball 7.jpeg 10 KB

Official Baseball 8.jpeg 84 KB

Official Baseball 9.jpeg 63 KB

What a beauty! Thanks for the pictures...fun to see all these amazing games.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Here's a link to a very good video of the game being played. Not my game. At least I don't think it is!
» YouTube video

Are you kidding me? That is amazing for a 1937 game! I assume it had at least some electrical power? The engineering that went into that is incredible. Thanks for posting the video. I need to read your post further up...I take it yours was stolen?

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Sadly, It never made it back home. It mostly played before I sent it out for restoration. Beware of verbal agreements. Even among so-called trusted friends.

Is this the one that got traded for a truck? I wince a little every time I think of that story. If that was you, my condolences. Sounds like you lost an incredible game and a friend.

#58 9 years ago

I played one of these at MGC. Very fun game to play with a buddy. I am afraid of the EM work that needs done on them or I would get one.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Is this the one that got traded for a truck? I wince a little every time I think of that story. If that was you, my condolences. Sounds like you lost an incredible game and a friend.

Yes.

#60 9 years ago

Sent twice

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

ChrisG78, what is this product in this pic and where did you get it? I assume it is for re-doing the white plastic inside trim.

254058-i.jpg 42 KB

Quoted from jeffc:

ChrisG78, what is this product in this pic and where did you get it? I assume it is for re-doing the white plastic inside trim.

254058-i.jpg 42 KB

After searching around on the net with no luck on orginal trim just went to lowes determined to find something. Ended up buying some 1/4" white ribbed weather seal "rubber king". I used a my trim nail gun with small staples to secure them looks decent should do the job. Good eye on spotting that did not mean to post so many doubles and misc photos.

image-246.jpgimage-246.jpg image-9.jpgimage-9.jpg
#62 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I've thought about having the background reproduced for my '74 CC World Series. I have them scanned, so I just need to spend a weekend cleaning them up. Not sure if I'd run into copyright problems though...

Darn should have been on here earlier I believe it's the same as mine I had to resort to a fed ex print shop scanner. Then found a referred mom and pop print shop who does some digital restores. I've kind of tried to outsource most of my cosmetic work my talents are in the electrical and mechanical side of restorations but cosmetically not so much just takes to much time for me to make it look vs paying someone to do it for me. I won't even say how much those prints cost went way overboard but they are laminated very durable. Tried to touch up original poster board with some acrylic paint did it on my speed shift was pretty easy but on this game I just could not get a good match tried several different shades so went the expensive route. Do you have the yellow pitching selection card fast, slider curve remade or instruction cards? I know that I can do myself but if you someone has them redone and can send them I'd give my restored art file for them. Also trying to find if anyone redid the green bleacher artwork that has a art file or remade original style plexiglass to sell. I'm not even gonna attempt to remove it to try and touch up I can tell what artwork is left will fall to pieces if removed.

image-919.jpgimage-919.jpg
#63 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisG78:

Darn should have been on here earlier I believe it's the same as mine I had to resort to a fed ex print shop scanner.

Whoa, yours looks great! I have raw scans, but they're 8x11" and I haven't cleaned them up or stitched them together. Let's swap art files...

Quoted from ChrisG78:

Do you have the yellow pitching selection card fast, slider curve remade or instruction cards? I know that I can do myself but if you someone has them redone and can send them I'd give my restored art file for them. Also trying to find if anyone redid the green bleacher artwork that has an art file or remade original style plexiglass to sell.

I recreated the bleacher art using the closest font I could find:

http://swampfire.smugmug.com/Category/74-World-Series/i-QPn2fGQ/0/X3/bleachers-X3.jpg

If you PM me your email, I'll send you a PSD or TIF file (your choice). This weekend's pretty crazy, but I'll scan the instruction cards ASAP.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm very interested in that too - Mine has no trim. I can share my scans of the bleacher and stadium art if you'd like. Should I start a '74 World Series "club" thread?

That would be a good idea 74 club although these 1970's CCI games are not sought after like a lot of these beautiful older classic pitch and bat games collectors posted but it would be nice to share tips, pics and vids on them. Getting better at this sites navigation a lot is going on but a few settings adjustments are making it easier so if you start one maybe message me if I don't respond to the thread.

#65 9 years ago

Check this out - I believe my artwork (on the right) has faded just a little. I never realized how wrong the colors were until I saw yours!

World Series - two different backgrounds.jpgWorld Series - two different backgrounds.jpg

#66 9 years ago

Chicago Coin P&B collectors, let's meet up over here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-pitch-bat-club

#67 9 years ago

Does anyone have access to replacement side art (inside the cab) for CC Baseball Champ?

#68 9 years ago

Although not a complete game, just the playfield I bought from John at the K-zoo show this spring and he wanted to see what I did with it. Wall art. Not a whole lot was done, Could be put back into a game someday. thorough cleaning & waxing, remove the underside parts, rewire the lights to hook up with a small transformer, Make a wood bushing/mount to simulate the original part that holds the bat, magnet to hold flap closed tight, added a decal showing the game name etc. to the chrome bar.
100_7705.jpg100_7705.jpg100_7699.jpg100_7699.jpg100_7703.jpg100_7703.jpg

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from brickdds:

Does anyone have access to replacement side art (inside the cab) for CC Baseball Champ?

Yes I do check out page 1 of this thread photo shown. The image was cut a little short as u see the dug out is not complete just could not get a great scan from my orginal using what was available. I was overall happy with the results if you look close he missed one small touch up in the stands I missed that when he me sent approvals unfortunately. It costs me $100 with scans from fed ex then the digital restoration artwork was $80. I'd sell the art file for $10 or trade for misc parts other files etc. If you want I could have them print it and ship it they put this on a very durable laminated sheet I can get more details on material used and costs if intrested wasn't cheap.

#70 9 years ago

Here's my 1968 williams Ball Park. Fun game for two players, it's always a hit at parties. Someday I'd like to trade or buy an older one with hole scoring.

image-608.jpgimage-608.jpgimage-160.jpgimage-160.jpgimage-538.jpgimage-538.jpg

#71 9 years ago

I may be parting with a 4 Bagger in the near future...

#72 9 years ago

Picked up my holy grail a couple months ago. Had been stored for 40 years and was filthy. Rebuilt the score motor and the running man motor. IMG_20140706_161739_036.jpgIMG_20140706_161739_036.jpg

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Fred-Sanford:

I may be parting with a 4 Bagger in the near future...

if you decide to part with it, please let me know...

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

Picked up my holy grail a couple months ago. Had been stored for 40 years and was filthy. Rebuilt the score motor and the running man motor.

Yeah, I think that ones right up there with the best of the best. Feature packed and a great looker.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yeah, I think that ones right up there with the best of the best. Feature packed and a great looker.

And heavy. And monstrously big.

#76 9 years ago

Well, yeah but it's so good you only have to move it once.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

And heavy. And monstrously big.

Thats what she said.

Believe it or not I got it from the garage downstairs all alone.

Quoted from AlexF:Feature packed and a great looker

Agreed. I love the way it looks.

Long story short it has nostalgic value to me. My Grandpa and my Dad played this game when my Dad was a kid. My Dad and I played it at the penny arcade at the Mn State Fair (although I believe the one there was the Deluxe Super Slugger). And now I can share it with my kids.

#78 9 years ago

Love these machines, I used to love to go to Cedar Point and play the pitch and bat games they had. Always wanted won with a home run ramp.

#79 9 years ago

Working on 1967 WMS Base Hit. Anybody know where to get the rebound rubber that surrounds the PF? Also looking for a repro or very nice BG. Photos to come soon.
thanks

#80 9 years ago

I used weatherstripping, it looks pretty good.

IMG_20111001_123733.jpgIMG_20111001_123733.jpg
#81 9 years ago

Is it a hard rubber? Available at the local hardware store?
thanks

#82 9 years ago

It's soft. I think I bought it at Lowes. Here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/M-D-Building-Products-63628-Weatherstrip/dp/B000FPDOTO

#83 9 years ago

cool and thanks

#84 9 years ago

I think I posted these before - but if not here is the custom red sox pitch n bat done by brian at gameroom pinball.

thanks edSAM_0654.JPGSAM_0654.JPGSAM_0655.JPGSAM_0655.JPGSAM_0656.JPGSAM_0656.JPGSAM_0657.JPGSAM_0657.JPGSAM_0658.JPGSAM_0658.JPGSAM_0659.JPGSAM_0659.JPG

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I think I posted these before - but if not here is the custom red sox pitch n bat done by brian at gameroom pinball.
thanks ed

SAM_0654.JPG 172 KB

SAM_0656.JPG 204 KB

SAM_0655.JPG 163 KB

SAM_0658.JPG 172 KB

SAM_0657.JPG 157 KB

SAM_0659.JPG 144 KB

yes, and this boston sports fan has not forgotten either the red sox p&b OR the celtics pin... i am GREEN with envy...

i don't believe i had seen a pic of the pats pin though... way cool...

#86 9 years ago

the patriots he just finished last week - it's an old Monday night football - thanks ed

#87 9 years ago

Here's photos of my 67 WMS Base Hit that I'm working on. Someone covered the cabinet with wood grain shelf paper! I'm going to do a repaint. Still looking for a very nice BG.

_DSC0459.jpg_DSC0459.jpg _DSC0460.jpg_DSC0460.jpg _DSC0461.jpg_DSC0461.jpg _DSC0462.jpg_DSC0462.jpg
#88 9 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

thanks ed

Too bad both the Celtica and Sox have/had dismal seasons......

SAM_0654.JPG 172 KB

SAM_0656.JPG 204 KB

SAM_0655.JPG 163 KB

SAM_0658.JPG 172 KB

SAM_0657.JPG 157 KB

SAM_0659.JPG 144 KB

2 weeks later
#89 9 years ago

Comiskey Park started life as a 1968 Williams Ball Park, but since I am from Chicago (Whitesox rule), I saw it as an opportunity to redesign and customize. The game has a real nice baseball feel and the ability to hit the ball out of the park and get a left center and right field homerun. Getting one each in a game awards an extra inning as does hitting each of the targets. The cons in my opinion were that the backglass was boring with cartoonish flipper wearing ball players. The RMU has a stupid wrap around graphic that ruins the coolness of the players running the bases. Ball park only came with pitcher, catcher, batter and ump. I added the four additional 1st, 2nd, 3rd base and shortstop players. The other issue I didn't like was the steep angle that the RMU was set at. Looked like they were playing ball on the side of a hill. I modified the RMU to bring the angle down. I also created custom grandstands, bleachers and a reproduction "Invite Competition" bezel. All metal pieces are powder coated. Custom game cards with a unique topper of a brick of Comiskey next to Konerko holding the World Series Trophy. Custom backglass as well as cabinet and RMU graphics. The head shows the "North Side" Cubs separated from my "South Side" Sox with the City of Chicago flag. Let me know what you think?

Season opens soon.JPGSeason opens soon.JPG Coin-door installed.JPGCoin-door installed.JPG Side Artwork Complete.JPGSide Artwork Complete.JPG Head Complete.JPGHead Complete.JPG Added 4 players.JPGAdded 4 players.JPG Blimp View.JPGBlimp View.JPG Batter View.JPGBatter View.JPG Custom powder coated bleachers.JPGCustom powder coated bleachers.JPG New-cards-409.JPGNew-cards-409.JPG Outfield Area.JPGOutfield Area.JPG
#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I checked there and they don't have any ....anywhere else ?

Steve at pinball Resource might have them. I know he rebuilds pitching units.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Working on 1967 WMS Base Hit. Anybody know where to get the rebound rubber that surrounds the PF? Also looking for a repro or very nice BG. Photos to come soon.
thanks

I found a real nice clear half rounded rubber trim that fits perfectly in the trim channel. The opaque /white color detracts from the look in my opinion so I really like what I found. If you are still looking PM me and I can get the specs for you.

#92 9 years ago

Just finished the lamination on the control panel.

Panel-Complete.JPGPanel-Complete.JPG Panel-Complete-wiring.JPGPanel-Complete-wiring.JPG
#93 9 years ago

Ready for the season opener!

Comiskey Park Final-1.JPGComiskey Park Final-1.JPG
#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

v

Looks great. Nice fix and nice game. Hope you didn't end up with a 10' X 2 1/2' laminate roll like i did.

#95 9 years ago

LMAO, No I only had to buy an 8' x 2-1/2' roll.

#96 9 years ago

Topic moved to new Sub Topic Category "Flippersless".

#97 9 years ago

Bump for pitch and bat games!

Ken

#98 9 years ago

Need score/instuction cards for my WMS Base Hit. Scan would be great. Restoration is coming along fine. Finished paint job today.

cab wip.jpgcab wip.jpg side before.jpgside before.jpg
#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Comiskey Park started life as a 1968 Williams Ball Park, but since I am from Chicago (Whitesox rule), I saw it as an opportunity to redesign and customize. The game has a real nice baseball feel and the ability to hit the ball out of the park and get a left center and right field homerun. Getting one each in a game awards an extra inning as does hitting each of the targets. The cons in my opinion were that the backglass was boring with cartoonish flipper wearing ball players. The RMU has a stupid wrap around graphic that ruins the coolness of the players running the bases. Ball park only came with pitcher, catcher, batter and ump. I added the four additional 1st, 2nd, 3rd base and shortstop players. The other issue I didn't like was the steep angle that the RMU was set at. Looked like they were playing ball on the side of a hill. I modified the RMU to bring the angle down. I also created custom grandstands, bleachers and a reproduction "Invite Competition" bezel. All metal pieces are powder coated. Custom game cards with a unique topper of a brick of Comiskey next to Konerko holding the World Series Trophy. Custom backglass as well as cabinet and RMU graphics. The head shows the "North Side" Cubs separated from my "South Side" Sox with the City of Chicago flag. Let me know what you think?

Awesome updating job! I love the graphics and attention to detail.
--
Jeremy Agema
Central WI

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

It looks great. Redoing the one for my WMS Base Hit.
Did you reuse the nails for the pitch plaque, or find some new ones? Did you use a router for the pitch button holes?
Thanks,
Izzy

There are 740 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-pitch-and-bat-games/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.