IMG_1181 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1179 (resized).jpeg
990CAB7A-2911-402B-8DFB-002768451A3A (resized).jpeg
30CE58DB-0ED0-4AD8-849A-3844C5288E0B (resized).jpeg
DSCN8078 (resized).jpg
104_1877 (resized).JPG
104_1875 (resized).JPG
2E79C59D-FC50-4F78-9860-FFDFE332050F (resized).jpeg
There are 740 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 2 years ago

Hi Mopar,

The ramps are screwed in from the underside and from what I can see, the only way to raise the front of the ramp is to notch out and recess the mounting area a bit so it raises the front. If I do the washer trick as is it will lower the front. I tried lowering the back but that seems to just flatted the trajectory. pics below.

I just noticed that I can move the homerun wall in a little closer. I will try that, might be enough to get over the wall.

Also, on the pitching assembly, should there be some type of bushing where I am pointing to (red addow)

Any thoughts or ideas

thanks
Steve

ramp_topside (resized).jpgramp_topside (resized).jpgramp_underside (resized).jpgramp_underside (resized).jpgbat_assembly (resized).jpgbat_assembly (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

replaced bat coil with schematics specified coil S-24-750... I can now hit Home Runs

9 months later
#652 1 year ago

1956 United Star Slugger for sale

3 weeks later
#653 1 year ago

I just picked up a Midway Flash Baseball in nice shape. A motor spins when it turns on, it lights up but doesn't appear to start a game. I know nothing about these. The cabinet, backglass and playfield are all pretty nice. Any idea what it should go for?

#654 1 year ago

I recently finished up a counter top pitch and bat game with backglass animation, '47 Bally Heavy Hitter:
Playfield and Backbox sm (resized).jpgPlayfield and Backbox sm (resized).jpg
Details at https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/1947-bally-heavy-hitter

1 month later
#655 1 year ago

Anyone remember how to send Robin a thumbnail game photo for the Pinside inventory? If so, 1963 Midway Slugger needs one. Here's my example of that game.

Feel free to screenshot it to send to Robin or else post a link or instructions here and I will do so. Thanks.

Screenshot_20220811-215900_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220811-215900_Chrome (resized).jpg
#656 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Anyone remember how to send Robin a thumbnail game photo for the Pinside inventory? If so, 1963 Midway Slugger needs one. Here's my example of that game.
Feel free to screenshot it to send to Robin or else post a link or instructions here and I will do so. Thanks.
[quoted image]

I have a slugger for sale in the market!

#657 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

I have a slugger for sale in the market!

I have had 2 in my line-up over the years. It's a really under-the-radar pitch & bat. There are so many features on Slugger, essentially a pinball hybrid with kickers, gobble holes and an add-a-ball score reel.

Ramps, drop down targets, fly away targets, variable scoring. . .it's all there, plus a nice art package. Yet, the game is largely unknown. Perhaps that's because few survivors remain, especially compared to the large supply of Williams titles. Perhaps it's the absence of a running man unit?

Midway made some unusual games in the early 1960s. I have had Midway's Flying Turns and Raceway as well. I like the smaller footprint of these machines.

Screenshot_20220811-231900_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220811-231900_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220811-231923_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220811-231923_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220811-231941_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220811-231941_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220811-231853_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220811-231853_Chrome (resized).jpg
#658 1 year ago

I saw a playfield for this game in an antique store a while ago. Now I know what the rest looks like!

1 week later
#659 1 year ago

Joining the group here with my first pin, a 1963 Major League. Going with a full restoration and retheme to Fenway Park.
Overall machine is in decent condition aside from some serious cabinet issues, the missing bat handle assembly and the seemingly always broken Home Run plastic. Mechanically sound except for a relay stuck energized that I haven't dove into yet.
Following SteveInTexas' excellent thread and will post more pictures / a full thread once the restoration progresses.

PXL_20220724_194320907 (resized).jpgPXL_20220724_194320907 (resized).jpg
#660 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Anyone remember how to send Robin a thumbnail game photo for the Pinside inventory?

Upload it to the game and I'll set it as the splash

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Upload it to the game and I'll set it as the splash

Done. Thanks.

#662 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Done. Thanks

I set it. May take a couple to show up

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I set it. May take a couple to show up

way2wyrd do you have the ability to add the WMS 1963 Major League to the Pinside game list as well? If so here is a splash image that could be used. Thanks!

0F75A0B6-FBD7-49E9-A4CB-8804D9E61D3B (resized).jpeg0F75A0B6-FBD7-49E9-A4CB-8804D9E61D3B (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#664 1 year ago

A really odd and presumably rare unit just showed up on my local Facebook Marketplace, Home Run Hitter from Coin Concepts of East Brunswick, NJ. Never heard of it nor seen it. No page here for it, and the IPDB page has almost no details either (https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4761). No idea how it even worked until I found a 10 second youtube video on it:

So technically it's not a pitch-and-bat even though it's certainly designed like one, including the mechanical stand up figures in the backboard like classic 1950s era pitch-and-bats! What a weird thing. But I'm already up to my eyeballs in oddities and projects, so have at it if you're interested:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/476904870975932/

1 week later
#665 1 year ago

Just listed my Bullseye Baseball. It's almost completely working, a few items left to tweak. Maybe you need another project or a bunch of parts?

$250. Comes with brand new tempered playfield glass and brand new clear plate glass backglass (no image).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/143469

4 weeks later
#666 1 year ago

Just picked this up and only 20 miles away
A cool old game from 1949 Bally Big Inning
You get to keep playing until you get 3 outs or for about 4 minutes
Need to try to find a backglass for it and clean the score reel and of course lots of new bulbs
It recycles one ball made out of some composite material

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#667 1 year ago
Quoted from jdapolito:

Just picked this up and only 20 miles away
A cool old game from 1949 Bally Big Inning
You get to keep playing until you get 3 outs or for about 4 minutes
Need to try to find a backglass for it and clean the score reel and of course lots of new bulbs
It recycles one ball made out of some composite material
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am glad someone bought it. I didnt want to have to buy it. lol

3 weeks later
#668 1 year ago

Cross posting this. Williams Upper Deck. I can’t get the grand slam feature to work at all. I’m hoping someone has an idea what could be causing it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-upper-deck-grand-slam-feature-not-working-

1 month later
#669 1 year ago

Does anyone know of a good replacement for the rebound rubber for an Upper Deck? We repainted the cabinet but I still want to repaint the apron and side rails. I want to remove the original rubber to do so. I could try to save it but it’s stapled. It may be glued too. I thought this would work from Marco but it only comes in black. The original is gray. I may wind up just taping over it to paint the wood.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25-2002-00

D736722A-1BEC-42E0-8840-22BE1EFFC9AC (resized).jpegD736722A-1BEC-42E0-8840-22BE1EFFC9AC (resized).jpegEE3A168F-47BA-42F3-8453-5D3D519CD341 (resized).jpegEE3A168F-47BA-42F3-8453-5D3D519CD341 (resized).jpeg
#670 1 year ago

Some 1960's 1970's Ford weatherstripping may be close.

#671 1 year ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Does anyone know of a good replacement for the rebound rubber for an Upper Deck? We repainted the cabinet but I still want to repaint the apron and side rails. I want to remove the original rubber to do so. I could try to save it but it’s stapled. It may be glued too. I thought this would work from Marco but it only comes in black. The original is gray. I may wind up just taping over it to paint the wood.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25-2002-00[quoted image][quoted image]

Side trim for a shuffle bowler may work as well. You might have a tough time finding the exact profile... http://www.mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1202

#672 1 year ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Some 1960's 1970's Ford weatherstripping may be close.

Quoted from homegameroom:

Side trim for a shuffle bowler may work as well. You might have a tough time finding the exact profile... http://www.mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1202

Thanks. I think that’s the same as the one from Marco. It has the same Williams part number. I bought it but I’m not crazy about it. It looks gray in the picture but it’s actually black. I might use it but gray would look better. I’ll look into some old Ford weatherstripping.

#673 1 year ago

More Upper Deck questions. I haven’t really messed with the running man unit or pitcher unit because they are both working fine. Where exactly do I oil the motors?

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

More Upper Deck questions. I haven’t really messed with the running man unit or pitcher unit because they are both working fine. Where exactly do I oil the motors?

They are the same as Gottlieb pinball motors. It is a Multi Products motor.

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from Playdium:

They are the same as Gottlieb pinball motors. It is a Multi Products motor.

Thanks. I didn’t know that. I found this on pinrepair.com:

5B6BC0CB-3B2D-445E-8BEF-0B285E946C11 (resized).png5B6BC0CB-3B2D-445E-8BEF-0B285E946C11 (resized).png
#676 1 year ago

would anyone have the crowd image pinblades for an upper deck that I see around every so often

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from wugly:would anyone have the crowd image pinblades for an upper deck that I see around every so often

I’ve been looking for this also. No luck.

1 week later
#678 1 year ago

I have a few pieces for a 1968 Williams Ball Park if anyone needs them. Just looking for fair price. I am in Queen Creek AZ.
Invite Competition bezel executed in unbreakable Rhino plastic. Includes the invite Competition decal.

Stock backglass perfectly cleaned up and executed in Plexiglass.
Custom Comiskey Park backglass perfectly executed in Plexiglass.
Custom Wrigley Field backglass perfectly executed in Plexiglass.

Custom Stock color Targets perfectly executed in durable vinyl.
Custom Black color Targets perfectly executed in durable vinyl.

Custom Bleachers perfectly executed in Plastic.
Custom Grandstands (similar to art blades go but executed in Plastic. (sold in pairs)

PM me is interested in any of these pieces.
I only have one perfect piece that wraps around the running man unit.
The other pieces I have several.
I also have the majority of the coin door.
Here is how I customized my game and made it "my own".
I made two of these. One is currently for sale locally by a friend of mine. I think he is asking $3500

Ballpark3 (resized).JPGBallpark3 (resized).JPGInvite competition (resized).jpgInvite competition (resized).jpgNew Bezel (resized).JPGNew Bezel (resized).JPGBezel Damage (resized).JPGBezel Damage (resized).JPGIMG_8598 (resized).JPGIMG_8598 (resized).JPGIMG_8599 (resized).JPGIMG_8599 (resized).JPGCustom powder coated bleachers (resized).JPGCustom powder coated bleachers (resized).JPGIMG_2021 (resized).JPGIMG_2021 (resized).JPGIMG_8800 (resized).JPGIMG_8800 (resized).JPGComplete Set (resized).JPGComplete Set (resized).JPGComiskey2 (resized).JPGComiskey2 (resized).JPGComiskey Market 03 (resized).JPGComiskey Market 03 (resized).JPGComiskey Market 04 (resized).jpgComiskey Market 04 (resized).jpgComiskey Market 05 (resized).jpgComiskey Market 05 (resized).jpgComiskey Market 06 (resized).JPGComiskey Market 06 (resized).JPGComiskey Market 07 (resized).JPGComiskey Market 07 (resized).JPGComiskey Market 08 (resized).JPGComiskey Market 08 (resized).JPGBall Park Backglass (resized).jpgBall Park Backglass (resized).jpgCOMISKEY (resized).jpgCOMISKEY (resized).jpgWrigley Field - Low-Res (resized).jpgWrigley Field - Low-Res (resized).jpgComiskey1 (resized).JPGComiskey1 (resized).JPGComiskey3 (resized).JPGComiskey3 (resized).JPGComiskey4 (resized).JPGComiskey4 (resized).JPGComiskey5 (resized).JPGComiskey5 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#679 1 year ago

I’m trying to understand my Upper Deck curve ball randomness. I’d like to make the game harder to score. Right now it’s way too easy. It seems that the curve ball is the hardest pitch to hit compared to the simple straight fastball. Is there a way to make it throw more curve balls or mix up the pitches more?

41B7E2C4-3C73-4727-BEF9-B34D5F6F1D47 (resized).jpeg41B7E2C4-3C73-4727-BEF9-B34D5F6F1D47 (resized).jpeg
#680 1 year ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Is there a way to make it throw more curve balls or mix up the pitches more?

I can only speculate without a schematic. (If you have one, or the game manual, consider sending a good copy to IPDB.org). But looking at the schematic for '71 Action Baseball there may be a way:
Action Baseball Curve coil (resized).jpgAction Baseball Curve coil (resized).jpg
In this game the Curve Coil fires when a switch on the Mix Unit (in red) closes. The Mix Unit sounds like a step unit of some kind that determines when a curve ball is delivered. You could in theory modify the contact board so that the curve ball switch closes more often. It might be as easy as connecting a couple of the solder lugs together. It would take more investigation to know how this might be done. Also beware that in this game the Curve Coil runs at 120 volts so the game should be unplugged before poking around.

/Mark

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I can only speculate without a schematic. (If you have one, or the game manual, consider sending a good copy to IPDB.org). But looking at the schematic for '71 Action Baseball there may be a way:
[quoted image]
In this game the Curve Coil fires when a switch on the Mix Unit (in red) closes. The Mix Unit sounds like a step unit of some kind that determines when a curve ball is delivered. You could in theory modify the contact board so that the curve ball switch closes more often. It might be as easy as connecting a couple of the solder lugs together. It would take more investigation to know how this might be done. Also beware that in this game the Curve Coil runs at 120 volts so the game should be unplugged before poking around.
/Mark

Thanks Mark. That’s an interesting idea. I do have a schematic and manual. I’ll see if I can send copies to IPDB.org.

#682 1 year ago

It looks very similar.

7CFA256D-1574-4127-9CFF-6420272C097C (resized).png7CFA256D-1574-4127-9CFF-6420272C097C (resized).png
#683 1 year ago

Line Drive works in this way. There's a small stepper near the magnet under the playfield. This has a switch which is NO - you would need to modify the actuator if you didn't want every pitch to curve if you force the switch closed. Depending on how it is played, the magnet fuse may also blow (kids tend to rocket pitches fairly quickly, which you can moderate by removing balls from the pitch unit, but that slows the game down).

#684 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Line Drive works in this way. There's a small stepper near the magnet under the playfield. This has a switch which is NO - you would need to modify the actuator if you didn't want every pitch to curve if you force the switch closed. Depending on how it is played, the magnet fuse may also blow (kids tend to rocket pitches fairly quickly, which you can moderate by removing balls from the pitch unit, but that slows the game down).

Thanks for the info. Yes, there’s not much to the stepper. I just took this picture of it. I don’t want to blow any fuses or slow it down. I’ll probably just leave it be.
7155E8D3-9B9A-4D2B-B98B-CF7B2E0BC62A (resized).jpeg7155E8D3-9B9A-4D2B-B98B-CF7B2E0BC62A (resized).jpeg

Edit, now that I look at it, the top switch looks completely misadjusted. It looks like it’s not doing anything.

#685 1 year ago

Yeah, someone's already done a modification there.

#686 1 year ago

That wanked switch blue/black looks like it impacts the bat coil making the bat “less powerful” when it’s opened, so the Mix unit appears to introduce curves and a less power bat as it steps. Previous owner probably wanted max bat swing power so they closed it permanently?

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from tuffano:

That wanked switch blue/black looks like it impacts the bat coil making the bat “less powerful” when it’s opened, so the Mix unit appears to introduce curves and a less power bat as it steps. Previous owner probably wanted max bat swing power so they closed it permanently?

I think you may be right. I just put the switch back to normal. Immediately the bat wasn’t working. I cleaned the switch contacts. It seems better now. Everything seems better now. I also changed the normal conservative jack to normal. This effects how the game will score if the ball hits an out and a hit target at the same time. This makes it harder.

9D695D90-8DD4-4C46-B6BE-5AAEB37A737E (resized).jpeg9D695D90-8DD4-4C46-B6BE-5AAEB37A737E (resized).jpegB1FEADC4-CDED-4A30-8221-0E437BAFBD28 (resized).jpegB1FEADC4-CDED-4A30-8221-0E437BAFBD28 (resized).jpeg
#688 1 year ago

I spoke too soon. There’s an issue with the bat now. It’s not working most of the time. I cleaned the bat switch contacts. Still doing it. Something isn’t right.

#689 1 year ago

Cool. I used one of those in my horse racing game but didn't know where it came from.
(details at https://www.funwithpinball.com/exhibits/games#HorseRace)

If you wanted the curve pitch to happen more often you could add another switch that would close at a different time than the existing curve ball switch. That would only require a heavy duty switch and an L-bracket to hold it in a new position. Or you could 3D print a new cam with an extra pin or two.

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Cool. I used one of those in my horse racing game but didn't know where it came from.
(details at https://www.funwithpinball.com/exhibits/games#HorseRace)
If you wanted the curve pitch to happen more often you could add another switch that would close at a different time than the existing curve ball switch. That would only require a heavy duty switch and an L-bracket to hold it in a new position. Or you could 3D print a new cam with an extra pin or two.

I’m wondering if it was out of position because there was a problem. The bat isn’t working now. I’ve cleaned to bat switch, mix unit switches and I just cleaned and sprayed a little deoxit on the bat rheostat. Not working.

#691 1 year ago

The mix unit is all gummed up and loose. I have to take it all apart. It maybe causing the bat issue because the switch is not always opening.

#692 1 year ago

Coil stop and mix unit bracket have elongated holes. No wonder it was so loose. I’m going to have to either retap it or use longer screws with a lock nut. I thought I cleaned practically everything in this machine but I completely missed this entire assembly.
CBC1FCE3-4F16-4484-8EAA-BEDDE343C5F1 (resized).jpegCBC1FCE3-4F16-4484-8EAA-BEDDE343C5F1 (resized).jpeg

20741F47-2A02-4784-83E5-B17240385A67 (resized).jpeg20741F47-2A02-4784-83E5-B17240385A67 (resized).jpeg
#693 1 year ago

Waiting on parts. The normally closed switch blades are mangled and the 4 ohm resistor is open.

#694 1 year ago

Here is my 1941 Scientific Batting Practice. It's now at 85% complete and will be offered for sale when finished. New cabinet! I made new custom artwork! Gonna be amazing.

IMG_2928 (resized).JPGIMG_2928 (resized).JPGIMG_2955 (resized).JPGIMG_2955 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPGIMG_3183 (resized).JPGIMG_3183 (resized).JPGIMG_6782 (resized).JPGIMG_6782 (resized).JPGIMG_6783 (resized).JPGIMG_6783 (resized).JPGIMG_7148 (resized).JPGIMG_7148 (resized).JPGIMG_7681 (resized).JPGIMG_7681 (resized).JPGIMG_9191 (resized).JPGIMG_9191 (resized).JPG

#695 1 year ago

Very unique! I’ve never seen that one before.

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Very unique! I’ve never seen that one before.

It could be in your game room. PM if interested. There are several good videos on youtube. Search "1941 Scientific Batting Practice". You will even see my custom backglass in another persons game.

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

It could be in your game room. PM if interested. There are several good videos on youtube. Search "1941 Scientific Batting Practice". You will even see my custom backglass in another persons game.

I wish. I’m out of room!! That’s a beautiful machine. Now that I’ve looked at some videos it does look kind of familiar. I checked and there’s a 1980’s Bat a Ball at the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park. I’ve been there many times. It’s sort of a remake of yours but it doesn’t compare to the original.

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I have a few pieces for a 1968 Williams Ball Park if anyone needs them. Just looking for fair price. I am in Queen Creek AZ.
Invite Competition bezel executed in unbreakable Rhino plastic. Includes the invite Competition decal.
Stock backglass perfectly cleaned up and executed in Plexiglass.
Custom Comiskey Park backglass perfectly executed in Plexiglass.
Custom Wrigley Field backglass perfectly executed in Plexiglass.
Custom Stock color Targets perfectly executed in durable vinyl.
Custom Black color Targets perfectly executed in durable vinyl.
Custom Bleachers perfectly executed in Plastic.
Custom Grandstands (similar to art blades go but executed in Plastic. (sold in pairs)
PM me is interested in any of these pieces.
I only have one perfect piece that wraps around the running man unit.
The other pieces I have several.
I also have the majority of the coin door.
Here is how I customized my game and made it "my own".
I made two of these. One is currently for sale locally by a friend of mine. I think he is asking $3500
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

THIS IS SO COOL

#699 1 year ago

Back in business. New switch, new ceramic resistor. Pitches are definitely more mixed up now. Bat speed also seems more random. Big improvement.

77964154-E47D-4113-9A21-4BE8D0CA4B08 (resized).jpeg77964154-E47D-4113-9A21-4BE8D0CA4B08 (resized).jpeg
#700 1 year ago

Just picked this up this morning. I always wanted a pitch and bat. It coins up pitches and then blows 15amp fuse.

EB92B099-B255-46E2-BDEB-B9093F150F4E (resized).jpegEB92B099-B255-46E2-BDEB-B9093F150F4E (resized).jpegD3E0896C-0B2E-464C-B498-7C2084DAA764 (resized).jpegD3E0896C-0B2E-464C-B498-7C2084DAA764 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 740 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-pitch-and-bat-games/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.