IMG_1181 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1179 (resized).jpeg
990CAB7A-2911-402B-8DFB-002768451A3A (resized).jpeg
30CE58DB-0ED0-4AD8-849A-3844C5288E0B (resized).jpeg
DSCN8078 (resized).jpg
104_1877 (resized).JPG
104_1875 (resized).JPG
2E79C59D-FC50-4F78-9860-FFDFE332050F (resized).jpeg
There are 740 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Yes, that looks to be the run-out switch which would be home..
EDIT: I didn't attach any pic. No idea how that pic attached!
Anyways, I have Williams P&Bs, but not any set up, but I'm sure
that is the position when at rest..
[quoted image]

Thanks. PM sent

1 week later
#552 3 years ago

How do you adjust the running man frame so that the base runners line up with the bases?

IMG_9249 (resized).jpgIMG_9249 (resized).jpgIMG_9250 (resized).jpgIMG_9250 (resized).jpgIMG_9251 (resized).jpgIMG_9251 (resized).jpg
#553 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

How do you adjust the running man frame so that the base runners line up with the bases?

I haven't ever needed to do it, but I'd say adjust the Man-Running Motor Cam so the Run-Out Switch
opens at the proper time.

#554 3 years ago

Don't see how there is any adjustment made here. Looks like the position of the motor cam is determined by the position of the roll pin thru the motor shaft. Or maybe I'm missing something.

IMG_9251 copy (resized).jpgIMG_9251 copy (resized).jpg

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Don't see how there is any adjustment made here. Looks like the position of the motor cam is determined by the position of the roll pin thru the motor shaft. Or maybe I'm missing something.
[quoted image]

If you look at the picture you attached there is one switch on the upper left that has two screws in a slotted frame. That is the adjustment..... as much as it is.

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Looks like the position of the motor cam is determined by the position of the roll pin thru the motor shaft.

Okay. I was thinking set screws.

Quoted from SteveinTexas:

If you look at the picture you attached there is one switch on the upper left that has two screws in a slotted frame. That is the adjustment..... as much as it is.

Yes, that looks to be the only set of switches in it's notch. Has to be the run-out switch.

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

OK, I'll bench test that with 50 volts to determine the best setting before re-installing the whole unit.

1 week later
#558 3 years ago

With regards to Williams 1960's running man motors, the motor model number is the same for various machines. However, the Spec number is key for each motor. I found that Spec #3422 is for a 3 cam motor, and Spec #1293B is for a 2 cam motor. The shaft is different length for each.

#559 3 years ago

Help needed with the Williams 1962 World Series pitch and bat. The game over circuit is not activating. The Tilt relay is not locked in, nor can I manually Tilt the game. The Game Over relay is not locked in either. Same goes for the Hold Relay. This is while the score motor, inning S.U., and running man unit is firing. There no innings and the 3rd out has been activated.
I have a full digital schematic.

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Help needed with the Williams 1962 World Series pitch and bat. The game over circuit is not activating. The Tilt relay is not locked in, nor can I manually Tilt the game. The Game Over relay is not locked in either. Same goes for the Hold Relay. This is while the score motor, inning S.U., and running man unit is firing. There no innings and the 3rd out has been activated.
I have a full digital schematic.

Problem resolved. A make and break switch on the game over relay was mis-aligned.

2 weeks later
#561 3 years ago

Need a cabinet for this Upper Deck. Help me save this poor thing. Line Drive appears to be the same cabinet
I’ve got some pitch and bat parts I can trade or buy outright

Mike V

0273C7E9-854E-48CC-8697-07338CBC4358 (resized).jpeg0273C7E9-854E-48CC-8697-07338CBC4358 (resized).jpegFE6BEFE9-5EFA-4619-8022-697B192F50C3 (resized).jpegFE6BEFE9-5EFA-4619-8022-697B192F50C3 (resized).jpeg

#562 3 years ago

Was that dumped in the bay by the mob?
Good luck! Nice To see that game NOT parted out.

I have a NOS pitching motor and new marco bat drive arm that i am going to list in market place if you need them.
Cliff

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Need a cabinet for this Upper Deck Help me save this poor thing. Line Drive appears to be the same cabinet
I’ve got some pitch and bat parts I can trade or buy outright

Mike V

There's someone in Texas who does brand new pinball cabinets for around $500.00. If interested you could contact Pinhead52 on Pinside for info.

1 week later
#564 3 years ago

I'm looking for the Williams spring #10A-178 Pitcher Torsion Spring. Did someone reproduce these awhile ago? (1962 World Series)

Pitch Unit Spring (resized).jpgPitch Unit Spring (resized).jpg
#565 3 years ago

Did you check flippers.com?

1 week later
#566 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Can anyone confirm the leg lengths for Williams 1962 World Series? I would assume all four should be 31". My machine came with two 31" legs that appear to be the original grey, and two chrome 28 1/2" legs.

Bueller?

#567 3 years ago

hey gutz , if it helps my 58 williams short stop has all 4 legs at 32 " lg.

1 week later
#568 3 years ago

Happy New Year. Hope this note finds everyone safe and healthy.

Could use some help on my Williams 1962 World Series game. When I reset game, it takes me to inning one. When I try to add addtl innings, the game just resets and goes back to inning 1. Also, if I manually up the stepper unitfir more innings, whenever the inning is over, the inning unit decrement back to game over.

The game used to play multiple innings. Not sure why this functionality no longer working? Also, when game was prior moving inning to inning, the game did not empty the bases at the end the inning. I’m sure this is not correct operation.

Any help in addressing these issues would be greatly aprrecisted.

Also need dimensions for glass top as my game came with broken glass.

Thanks

#569 3 years ago

It seems to be working correctly regarding the additional innings now. You could add additional innings by energizing the super home run switch with a ball and see if the you can play them in that game. If so your game is now functioning correctly.

I thought the innings were earned for getting the really rare super home run only. It would not carry on to another game.

On this game I believe the runners on this game are emptied at game over. So it maybe working correctly now.

#570 3 years ago

You cannot buy extra innings, you have to win them as Steve mentioned with super homeruns. If you manually added innings to the inning unit it should be a step down (to the next inning) and not a full reset (to game over) when you get three outs. There is an arm that needs to be working for the step down action to function, without this peice it will behave as full reset unit. Also, from memory, the bases should clear between innings.

VideoCapture_20210114-104453 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20210114-104453 (resized).jpg
#571 3 years ago

Glass size: 1/4" x 22- 7/8" x 39 - 1/4" tempered no stamp

#572 3 years ago

Are you sure it's 1/4"? That seems pretty thick, most playfield sheets are triple pane, or 3/16". Any time I had a game with 1/4" glass it was a replacement, and was pretty tight.

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Are you sure it's 1/4"? That seems pretty thick, most playfield sheets are triple pane, or 3/16". Any time I had a game with 1/4" glass it was a replacement, and was pretty tight.

I repaired a machine for an operator that needed a new glass. The size I posted is the size I ordered and it fit fine. I took the thickness measurement from the old piece, but I cannot confirm it was the factory piece of glass.

#574 3 years ago

Thanks for the responses

1) Innings
So a game is just one inning with only chance to get extra innings via the Super Home Run.

That actually makes sense based on how the scoring works.

Did experiment ... started new game. Activated Super HR to get extra inning.
At end of inning, the bases were cleared and inning stepped down by 1 inning. This all seems to be correct now -

Now the hi score is not firing. It had been working prior so I’ll need to fiddle with it.

Glass
Thanks for the DIMs. I believe correct thickness is 3/16”.

Two Other Things

1) Recently learned the game has a small bell that rings when a hit is made. My game seems to be missing this bell. Would appreciate if someone can send a picture of the bell + coil and location.

2) I installed a new bat coil. The coil sleeve (metal) is getting a little mis-shapen from a metal washer from the coil plunger/link/pin assembly making contact. Photo of my assembly attached - don’t know if the pin is original. I came across the attached parts list/diagram for the bat mechanism and it looks a little different than what I have. Would love to see what others have for the same 1962 game.

72230A6D-E77D-4EA8-918D-835A7C4B65D9 (resized).jpeg72230A6D-E77D-4EA8-918D-835A7C4B65D9 (resized).jpegF4D5B78F-7557-44A2-8081-8529BD4D0D19 (resized).jpegF4D5B78F-7557-44A2-8081-8529BD4D0D19 (resized).jpeg
#575 3 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

Thanks for the responses
1) Innings
So a game is just one inning with only chance to get extra innings via the Super Home Run.
At end of inning, the bases were cleared and inning stepped down by 1 inning. This all seems to be correct now -
Now the hi score is not firing. It had been working prior so I’ll need to fiddle with it.
Glass
Two Other Things
1) Recently learned the game has a small bell that rings when a hit is made. My game seems to be missing this bell. Would appreciate if someone can send a picture of the bell + coil and location.
2) I installed a new bat coil. The coil sleeve (metal) is getting a little mis-shapen from a metal washer from the coil plunger/link/pin assembly making contact. Photo of my assembly attached - don’t know if the pin is original. I came across the attached parts list/diagram for the bat mechanism and it looks a little different than what I have. Would love to see what others have for the same 1962 game. [quoted image][quoted image]

That's incorrect for the pin attached to the plunger. I''l send you a pic of mine.

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

Thanks for the responses
1) Innings
Glass
Two Other Things
2) I installed a new bat coil. The coil sleeve (metal) is getting a little mis-shapen from a metal washer from the coil plunger/link/pin assembly making contact. Photo of my assembly attached - don’t know if the pin is original. I came across the attached parts list/diagram for the bat mechanism and it looks a little different than what I have. Would love to see what others have for the same 1962 game. [quoted image][quoted image]

This looks correct.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/2A-2559

#577 3 years ago

Glass is optimally 3/16” thick. I got a game with 1/4” thick glass and yes it would go in but tight. Just worried me every time I tried to remove and fit.

Not trying to be a contrarian on the glass size for the 62 World Series but I use 3/16” X 39” X 22 3/4” fits nice and also on the 63 Major League from from a year later. Any longer and the Front Moulding might be impacted.

Good find on the Clevis pin.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

Here is my "before" pic of the bell assembly.

IMG_8259 (resized).jpgIMG_8259 (resized).jpg
#579 3 years ago

Here is the 1962 parts catalog page for the 2 bells offered.

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
#580 3 years ago

Thanks for the info

Small Bell
Anyone have an extra one of these or know someone who might?

Bat Mechanism
Saw the plunger from the Marco page. Is this the correct plunger - head wider than body + plastic insert to attach to link?

Would love to see pic of mechanism from an actual game if someone can send

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

Would love to see pic of mechanism from an actual game if someone can send

First, this is the correct exploded diagram for the 1962 World Series bat assembly. download (20) (resized).pngdownload (20) (resized).png

I purchased my replacement plunger, #2A-2587, from flippers.com. Here I show the original and the replacement.IMG_8498 (resized).jpgIMG_8498 (resized).jpg

And here is my finished bat assembly.IMG_9804 (resized).jpgIMG_9804 (resized).jpgIMG_9805 (resized).jpgIMG_9805 (resized).jpg

#582 3 years ago

Thanks

Is there anywhere to see a description of the parts listed on the diagram?

What is the round piece holding the plunger to the arm and is that a cotter pin on the back side keeping it in place?

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

What is the round piece holding the plunger to the arm and is that a cotter pin on the back side keeping it in place?

Clevis pin that is secured with a cotter pin. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/2A-2559

Quoted from megoman:

Is there anywhere to see a description of the parts listed on the diagram?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1962/files/mobile/index.html#1

At the rear of the catalog the part numbers show descriptions.

#584 3 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm working on a Williams Major League. The runners are running non stop after most hits are made. There is a coil under the runners that is supposed to pop the runner up, this coil is staying activated. If I manually stop this coil from firing, it stops right away. I think some relay or switch that activates this coil is getting stuck. I have the schematics but I don't know what this coil is called. I'm guessing it is the Loading coil but I am just guessing.

Screenshot_20210117-142921_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210117-142921_Gallery (resized).jpg
#585 3 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm working on a Williams Major League. The runners are running non stop after most hits are made. There is a coil under the runners that is supposed to pop the runner up, this coil is staying activated. If I manually stop this coil from firing, it stops right away. I think some relay or switch that activates this coil is getting stuck. I have the schematics but I don't know what this coil is called. I'm guessing it is the Loading coil but I am just guessing.
[quoted image]

Check the switch contacts at the 4 relays attached to the running man unit. Relay #2 may have a switch that operates the loading coil.

#586 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Check the switch contacts at the 4 relays attached to the running man unit. Relay #2 may have a switch that operates the loading coil.

Okay cool, so it is called the Loading Coil. Let me look at the schematics a little bit more now that I know its called that.

#587 3 years ago

The Williams schematics for these P&B games have their own lingo that is a lot different than pinballs. I wish there was something that explained the theory of operation with some of these features named.

#588 3 years ago

My friend has restored Williams 1957 Deluxe Baseball with repro plastic backglass. He may have chance to purchase an original glass in excellent. condition.

Any idea what would be reasonable to pay for the backglass?

Also, any idea how adding original glass would impact the overall value of the game?

#589 3 years ago

This is a picture of the original glass
Thanks for the feedback

PNG image 4 (resized).pngPNG image 4 (resized).png
#590 3 years ago

Hey Futurepinhead
Attached is a drawing showing all the switches on the man running unit.

Hope this helps

4AC3B5C3-DB20-4479-B814-A8E028605B8B (resized).jpeg4AC3B5C3-DB20-4479-B814-A8E028605B8B (resized).jpeg
#591 3 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

My friend has restored Williams 1957 Deluxe Baseball with repro plastic backglass. He may have chance to purchase an original glass in excellent. condition.
Any idea what would be reasonable to pay for the backglass?
Also, any idea how adding original glass would impact the overall value of the game?

That backglass is the one on eBay for nearly $1000. I wouldn’t pay more than $300 for that. You can get a perfect glass reproduction at BGResto.com for $250

Since the repro is readily available it only effects the value for $300

1 month later
#592 3 years ago

Hi all,

Recently joined the club with a 1967 CCM Bulls Eye Baseball. She's a little rough, and "sorta" working, but , , ,

I've got a few questions for anyone that owns/works on these things. I'll be trying to grab a schematic, but as this is my first pitch n bat, I'm a little blind in some aspects.

Here's my thread, maybe you could pop over and point me in a good direction?

Thanks,
Ron

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1967-chicago-coin-bulls-eye-baseball-#post-6183835

0306211431 (resized).jpg0306211431 (resized).jpg0306211431_HDR (resized).jpg0306211431_HDR (resized).jpg0306211431a (resized).jpg0306211431a (resized).jpg0306211431b (resized).jpg0306211431b (resized).jpg
#593 3 years ago

I know someone needing parts for a Williams Double Play Bat Motor. The motor part number is #14A-7788, and the entire assembly is #D-6501. The issue is the part that drops into the brake pads is worn out, needing replacement. This is on the end where the fan blade is located.

Williams Bat Motor Unit (resized).pngWilliams Bat Motor Unit (resized).png
4 weeks later
#594 3 years ago

I picked up a rough 1962 Chicago Coin All Star Baseball. Game had been stored in a garage for many years. Looks like all the insides are present less a few minor parts.

I don’t do restoration so not going to try and resurrect. That said I’ve got tons of great parts for anyone who might need.

If someone interested in acquiring all for a restoration let me know.

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

I picked up a rough 1962 Chicago Coin All Star Baseball. Game had been stored in a garage for many years. Looks like all the insides are present less a few minor parts.
I don’t do restoration so not going to try and resurrect. That said I’ve got tons of great parts for anyone who might need.
If someone interested in acquiring all for a restoration let me know.

I'm in need of a few switches I believe. Ill be in touch.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#596 2 years ago

1962 Williams World Series
In a multi inning, my game is not clearing the bases between innings. Guessing there is a switch not activating. I’m not great with schematics and having trouble identifying which switch activates the base clearing. Any help getting to the correct switch would be greatly appreciated.

#597 2 years ago

Rather than starting a new thread, I'm gonna try here. I'm thinking this is an easy one but not necessarily intuitive (at least for me).

Williams PinchHitter. Everything works as it should with one exception. Sometimes when you have two strikes, pitch the ball, get a hit and as the runner is moving, it chalks up a third strike and the associated out. At first I though it may be because a ball was still in the chute system from a previous pitch and that it registered through the switch before the hit switch was activated. However, this does not appear to be the case as I've had it happen when I made sure the previous pitch was no longer rolling through the return chutes. Seems like it has to be a timing issue where a switch is in the incorrect state, but it is not consistent. (Happens maybe 20% of the time and only on the third pitch...but of course, it could be happening on other pitches, just don't notice it)

Hopefully, someone has experienced this before and can point me to the right place.

1 month later
#598 2 years ago

My friend recently picked up a 1965 Williams pitch bat game. At some point someone replaced the pitching lever with a push button.

My friend wants to get beck to the original pitch lever so is in need of those parts. Anyone have including the metal plate on the underside

Thanks

2 weeks later
#600 2 years ago

Hey gang I need a fav, can somebody take a picture of their fuse block label on a Williams 1962 Extra Innings P&B game? I did the silly thing of hitting the label with spray paint and now cant make out the top position. If i get an image I can have Peter Koch do a recreate for me...

thanks

ken

extrainn (resized).jpgextrainn (resized).jpg
There are 740 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-pitch-and-bat-games/page/12?hl=megoman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.