(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,531 posts
  • 295 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by JBtheAVguy
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1286 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1378 (resized).jpg
IMG_1377 (resized).jpg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpg
IMG_1371 (resized).jpg
IMG_1370 (resized).jpg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpg
IMG_1367 (resized).jpg
IMG_1365 (resized).jpg
IMG_1364 (resized).jpg
IMG_1363 (resized).jpg
IMG_1362 (resized).jpg
IMG_1360 (resized).jpg
IMG_1361 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#791 7 years ago

If johnny trades his lucky quarter to Jane for two nickels, one dime, and five pennies (assuming she traded fairly this time)...what ratio of Johnnys coins will wind up in this stamp machine vs spent on attempting to win free packs of his favorite cigarettes?

KIMG1785 (resized).jpgKIMG1785 (resized).jpg

#792 7 years ago

Unit is unlocked, but no key...anbody know if it's possible to get a key for something like this??

KIMG1786 (resized).jpgKIMG1786 (resized).jpg

#794 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Since the cig machine takes cents only, I'll say 5 goes into there, and then probably zero coins into the stamp machine
Cool little machine. The 'sanitary' part threw me off, and I had to look real close to see what it was selling.

Ahh! But, I asked for a ratio!! Lol.

Ya, when I first saw "sanitary" I was a little thrown too. Once I was past that, I still laughed at it. I guuueessss someone tearing apart stamps and placing in little folded pieces of carboard is cleaner for me to lick.?

Interesting to me is that there are 3 or 4 packs of stamps still in it and they each have only 4 pieces of 1 cent stamps. I kind of wondered if they were just missing some, or if the cafe this sat at was making money,(charging a nickle for 4c worth of stamps). It would make sense that they would profit from it, I just never used stamp vendors other than postal ones I guess. It didn't have any left in dime slot. I'm guessing 3 pieces of 3 cent stamps maybe as machine patent is from 1947/48 and I believe I previously saw that postage was 3 cents at the time....

I also enjoyed the little piece of paper sitting in the bottom on the machine's original shipping method.

KIMG1788 (resized).jpgKIMG1788 (resized).jpg
KIMG1787 (resized).jpgKIMG1787 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Thks cad-kid much appreciated. Yep the montage I picked up from a poster seller on ebay. I wanted to visually reflect the 'birthplace' of my machines!
Also a non working City of Chicago parking meter arrived today which had been converted to a table lamp (grr) although the stand is quite nice. I will convert it back including repair of the lampholder holes top & bottom, get it working & repaint to original colours.

Picked mine up like 3 years ago and have yet to figure out how to get the dang thing running correctly. Kept thinking I had it, but no. It winds up, ticks down for a while, and stops...a gentle tap will get ticking again but not long.

Im wondering if the coil spring is just plain worn out in it :/

KIMG2840 (resized).jpgKIMG2840 (resized).jpg

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I had a meter that was a different style. It came with a key that you used to wind up an internal mech. This may have a similar design?

Hmm...honestly never seen like that before. This one seems like it winds up ok with a nickel and starts ticking then just gets too weak...a gently touch on the little pendulum (ill call it) only does the trick a few more ticks.

When I'm in a calm, small parts mood...I'll have to further investigate its guts

Thanks for the extra idea Alex

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here's the one I had. Had it for many years. Long gone now but my very first commercial coin-op machine.

Now that looks super old school. Very cool!

1 month later
#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Does this Qualify??? A solar powered TOMMY calculator
Reported to be a promotional Item for the tourof The Who's Tommy, original cast (1992 Broadway Revival)
The story behind it is that about 100 were made for Data East employees to be given out in 1994 or 1995.

It was a birthday gift...and I do have the Tommy Pinball Machine

That's crazy cool!

3 months later
#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

That brass-looking appendage...what exactly do you do with that?
Asking for the same friend....

download-1 (resized).jpegdownload-1 (resized).jpeg

The Love Matic Grandpa knows what you mean!

4 weeks later
#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Speaking of unreasonable for a game room....but you never know when you might get lucky. My condom machine works and dispenses... I wouldn't trust one, even though the package is still sealed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome, I've been wanting to find an old condom machine for my guest bathroom decor for a long time now. But only ones I ever had a chance to get were newer generic machines. Not cool old style ones.

2 months later
#1394 5 years ago

While not perfect, I finished cleaning up my radio....I mean gumball machine....I mean Slot.... today.

Bought double bubble gum for it, but they seem too big. They fit, but have to almost pry out (fingers can't quite get out).

Anyway, I SWEAR it's not for gambling!!!!

KIMG0158 (resized).jpgKIMG0158 (resized).jpg
#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

What size do you have in there? Small gumballs are .62", .56" or .5"

Good info! Thanks! @yaksplat

I just bought a big bag of refill balls from grocery store (meant for kids home machines I'm sure), not commercial specific size.

I was suprised that they were a bit big. Measure a small handful and got around .578 - .612. So, while they are not exact round/consistant, I would have to call them .62".

KIMG0159 (resized).jpgKIMG0159 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#1583 4 years ago

I don't think I ever posted this guy. Got it for under 20 bucks at a garage sale probably almost 10 years ago and never got to it.

It was all nasty outside....then just today I finally tore into it. Inside was packed SOLID in old mud dobber nests! I forgot to take pic before I started knocking them out, but you can see a few in bag pic.

Got it all torn down today except for phone cradle, which has a broken off screw that, after over a half hour, I decided to just leave alone and polish handle in place.

I'm guessing this is late 50s to earlier 60s? But not sure.

It was converted over to work as a home phone already, but is still mostly complete. I THINK it may be missing a small section of circuitry that was for refunding change if call didn't go thru, but otherise is complete.

I have no interest in repaints, etc. And have no home phone line.....so, I tore it apart, going to work on cleaning up and polishing original parts, then reassembling and mounting on wall somewhere for fun.

I did, however, consider wiring in a modern box/circuit inside just for fun that would play some sound samples when you lift receiver....like dial tone, or operator saying something, or sounding like a party line. Lol.

But one step at a time.....

KIMG4219 (resized).jpgKIMG4219 (resized).jpgKIMG4309 (resized).jpgKIMG4309 (resized).jpgKIMG4251 (resized).jpgKIMG4251 (resized).jpgKIMG4258 (resized).jpgKIMG4258 (resized).jpgKIMG4270 (resized).jpgKIMG4270 (resized).jpg
#1584 4 years ago

Personally. I typically like keeping things as original as possible. They are only original once, and battle scars tell a story...(almost) anybody can paint something.

I am debating about the paper insert for front placard though....I prefer original, but it is kinda nasty :/

I may use it anyway...I'm not sure if I could recreate a suitable replacement myself anyway.

I'm assuming it had glass in front of it originally. I'll probably cut a piece of polycarbonate for that.

#1592 4 years ago

Pics probably a little blurry, but this is rotary "dialer" assembly out of my payphone. It was pretty gunked up. I got it mostly dialed in and functioning properly, but it still has some nasty in it.

Anybody have an opinion on if I should even risk putting this in the ultrasonic cleaner???

I'm VERY leery on ever doing something with so many dissimilar metals and plastics etc and typically don't....

Just wondering if other people have done whole gear and switch stack assemblies with a good outcome.

KIMG4347 (resized).jpgKIMG4347 (resized).jpgKIMG4348 (resized).jpgKIMG4348 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom?tu=pacmanretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.