(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,537 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Night Rider 3 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 2 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 1 (resized).jpg
CC Pro Basketball Door Adjustment Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20240403_091144868-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091218493_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091144868 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091233305_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091248106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091243897 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_085015166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091131492 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Got some fun things in the basement:
Condom dispenser - works and is still loaded with sealed prophylactics. I wouldn't trust one, though.
Westinghouse fans - the 2nd one with brass blades was restored. Very heavy "portable".
Unrestored "a-ooga-horn" . Not a Claxton, but serves the same purpose. I used to have this mounted on the side of my '63 Corvair.

DSC09965.jpg 91 KB

DSC09963.jpg 137 KB

DSC09967.jpg 186 KB

DSC09966.jpg 119 KB

DSC09973.jpg 197 KB

DSC09974.jpg 157 KB

DSC09968.jpg 298 KB

George Westinghouse would be proud!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from are:

Ok, this is a cool thread!
In Norway we have a history of "flick-a-coin" games. They were at one point all exterminated by allowing to replace them by far better earning slot machines. Actually the same rule applied to any coin-op machine including pinballs and arcade games. The government demanded 25% VAT on all incomes, operators complained and they came up with this rule: replace your amusement/skill machine with a slot-type machine.
Anyhow, I collect these machines. Many of the most popular ones were produced in Finland, and also used there. In Finland they are called Pajatso. Finland managed to keep the tradition far longer, even today there are some left in operation.
From my viewpoint these machines share many key features with pinball machines. There is a mechanical almost uncontrollable element. Control requires skill. However gameplay is less complicated. Insert a coin, hit one of the gates and win usually anywhere between 2 and 20 coins.
I enclose one picture, more pictures and more machines on this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ufobkrn3t15ystl/Mbd5muCENh

P1100006.JPG 187 KB

Those remind me of my Bally Wulff wall mounted slot machines. The older Gunter Wulff machines were completely mechanical.

IMAG2583.jpgIMAG2583.jpg
2 months later
#140 9 years ago

The original sticks for Olympic Hockey and Table Hockey are difficult to find. Great that your game has both of them.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Very cool. Looks like the seller also has a '68 Irving Kaye Batting Practice sitting next to it too.

A bit of trivia. Mr. Irving Kaye sat on the Board of Directors of Bally Manufacturing Corporation at this time. Note the use of Bally and Lenc-Smith (also a division of Bally) components on the Batting Practice machines.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here's a pic of my bowler. Hard to get a good shot with low ceilings and poor lighting....
I just went through the mechanicals, cleaned it up a bit and refinished the woodwork. Could still use a correct set of legs and maybe a backglass upgrade down the road. Also missing the pin guard but that's ok I like it without.

Challenger.jpg 261 KB

Love those Bally Bowlers.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Here is a video I shot of my 1968 Bally World Cup Soccer
» YouTube video

Not bad for a 46 year old game. I have noticed that the glass screening is peeling on the Bally logo on most of them over the past 20 years or so.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

you need a "south of the border" sign...
one of these days i'm gonna make it to your place (i promise not to trash your jukebox )... only problem is that i might not want to leave...

Pedro so sad that you don't have one...

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

What is that in the picture Alex? Looks to me like a 90's minivan so maybe there is hope.
I guess an old Taco Bell outdoor sign would be a little big for an indoor arcade. but it just really cool looking to me. Saw them all the time in California growing up.
Ken

But in So Cal, most of the Taco Bell dining areas had no glass in the window frames.

3 months later
#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Where do the pins go when you hit them? Do they get pulled up out of the way or pulled below the lane?

Pulled straight up out of the way on strings.

1 month later
#297 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I played hooky today to go retrieve this old punch clock. A fellow Pinsider was also kind enough to give me an old pinball game (Oh Boy) he saved from the dumptser. Thanks jho159! A fun day down in Chicagoland.

TimeClock.jpg 101 KB

Just saw one like that the other day at the Detroit Historical Museum.

4 months later
#394 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

If anyone is looking for something a little different to put in their collection, I just placed this on the market. Midway made this Mystery Score monster-themed pitch and bat game in 1965 and made less than 124. Some of these playfields (on Clay's site) actually have slings and stand-up targets. It is playing but does need restored. There's one other person on Pinside who has this playfield and one of us are going to submit pics to the IPDB.

Mystery Score 007.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
Mystery Score 030.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
Mystery Score 046.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
Mystery Score 051.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
Mystery Score 055.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
Mystery Score 061.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I love how the two founders of Midway always referenced themselves on their games.

Henry "Hank" Ross and Marcine "Iggy"" Wolverton are both named on the backglass.

3 months later
#429 8 years ago
Quoted from browne92:

I'd love to see how that works.

Note pointer on steering wheel hub. Maximum speed occurs at when pointer is to the right when car needs to go into a right curve, pointed straight on the straightaways etc. If pointer is in the incorrect position, the car moves much slower and the competitor, if the pace car or opponent who is steering correctly, overtakes you.

2 months later
#452 8 years ago
Quoted from novaguy:

Hey all.just picked these up at an auction and the one United shuffle bowler has a couple of pins missing.any ideas where I could find some?
TedIMG_2298.JPG

www.bigballbowler.com under the "Now Available" heading.

Note that there is a new owner of this website and it is now current.

2 weeks later
#474 8 years ago

Seeburg! Needs some TLC. Those are larger than most people imagine...

#476 8 years ago

Most think they're like a 28 or 33 gallon Rubbermaid. Actually larger than a 55 gallon drum!

#478 8 years ago

Might need a lid as well. Can't use one from Rubbermaid either. They are beautiful looking when lit up. Kind of odd that Seeburg completely hid the mech during this era.

#481 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

A clear dome would be cool and wouldn't be that hard to make..... hmm mm

That's a great idea. Maybe even have the outer circumference painted to match the original with most of the plastic clear to view.

2 months later
#520 8 years ago

That's not a slot machine; That's a Pokie.

5 months later
#637 7 years ago
Quoted from oldergameguy:

Anyone have a Williams Ringer (or similar) game for sale? If so, please contact me. Also looking for a Bally All Star Bowler.
Oldergameguy.

Does game location matter? Is a Penny Pitch version acceptable?

4 months later
#706 7 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Is there a standard width?

No. Several different widths over the years depending on make (Bally, United or Chicago Coin) and model.

4 months later
#856 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Anyone ever seen one of these?

Yes. I remember when the plastic Japanese replicas of that were popular in the late '70's-early '80's.

2 weeks later
#885 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

1969 Chicago Coin Top hat.

With the "E-Z Service" backbox.....

5 months later
#1065 6 years ago

Just swap parts with the one at VFW. Cover camera 7 first

#1068 6 years ago

Funk/Bowlingo and MiniLanes (As seen on The Price is Right) all made them as long as regulation lanes.

4 weeks later
#1082 6 years ago

Cool, thanks for sharing that with us.

4 months later
#1134 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Is Gottlieb the same as D. Gottlieb or a different company?

Yes.

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from Ramakers:

I think you can not answer the question with yes or no?

Yes, the same company.

1 month later
#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

These lamps were sold through Montgomery Wards 45 years ago. We had one too, I filled it with coins as a kid.

"I got what I wanted, at Ward's".
Until Bernie Brennan ruined the place.

1 week later
#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Now that looks super old school. Very cool!

Those Carl Magee parking meters (made in Oklahoma) were used in Detroit until the early 1990's. I have one myself.

1 month later
#1253 5 years ago

Warning: Keep machine out of direct sunlight and away from ant sources.

#1260 5 years ago

There are good pictures of the mechanism that shows the switches in the pivot point/articulating mechanism for each pin in the pinrepair.com site. Go to the bowler section/Bally '60s bowlers for details.

5 months later
#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

holy crap wow, thanks for sharing the link. I have never seen that before.

There's one in the PHoF.

3 weeks later
#1381 5 years ago

That's a 1950's machine in photo 1377.

9 months later
#1647 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

1913 Dixie Cup vendor.
Cent a cup! Nothing was free back then.[quoted image]

The Franklin Cider Mill, in Franklin, Michigan had those when I first started going there in the late 1960's. They raised the price to five cents in the early '80's. I haven't been there in many years.

5 months later
#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

has anyone ever seen Perfect Bowler before? a cool bowler in a pinball cabinet!
I'm assuming this only ever came out in Japan?
Kinda like a Big Lebowksi without all that pinball in the way
as spotted here: https://rocketnews24.com/2018/07/30/1095473/
[quoted image]

That is an awesome looking game. Those look like Sega or Chicago Coin score reels.

8 months later
#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Nice machine!
I have a few nickel slots. The Mills Horsehead bonus has the cool feature where you collect letters in order to collect a bonus jackpot payout. Pretty cool feature designed to keep someone playing longer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The Mills with the B-O-N-U-S feature is my favorite model.

2 weeks later
#2040 3 years ago
Quoted from JojoButterbean:

EM precursor to the Video Poker Machines....Jokerball![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hank and Marcine (Iggy) were always on the cutting edge....

3 months later
#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Very cool. Never seen one other than in a flyer. They are massive

Cedar Point's main arcade had two of them. IIRC, Peck's Nu Pike collection includes one or something similar....

2 months later
#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Check with Mike Pacak. I think he goes by MikePin here.

He might be at Allentown today.

#2096 2 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

I have a late 50's Bally bowler that I've been chasing a scoring gremlin on. On occasion, when scoring 20+ points (spare + strike or after a double), it will score 10 extra points.
Could find nothing electrically wrong so jumpered the wire driving the 10's score reel coil to a coil of a reel on an unused player.
Turns out it's a mechanical with the player one 10's reel as the one I jumpered to does not score extra.
Spring I'm assuming? Any other ideas?

Gummed up grease on the axle shift for the ratchet arm.

Added over 3 years ago:

Shaft, not shift...

1 year later
#2299 1 year ago

Picked up a Bally Wulff Astor electro-mechanical wall mounted slot machine from 1974 today.

20220925_132603 (resized).jpg20220925_132603 (resized).jpg20220925_132620 (resized).jpg20220925_132620 (resized).jpg20220925_133312 (resized).jpg20220925_133312 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2308 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Very cool. I used to go there as a kid.

Ride the Hootenanny!!!

5 months later
#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

This will be in my cabin In May. It was Just restored
[quoted image]

Love the CC Jumbo ball bowlers with thumb holes.

1 week later
#2414 1 year ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Finishing up this rare and unique Bally Spinner. (sorry, not for sale, even if it were, it would be pretty expensive with all that plating! )
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Greta game!

#2415 1 year ago

Yes!!!!

One is available to play at the VFW show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.