(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CC Pro Basketball Door Adjustment Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20240403_091144868-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091218493_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091144868 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091233305_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091248106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091243897 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_085015166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091131492 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091253676_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091350919 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091327118 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 9 years ago

Anyone have a Chicago Coin Top Hat Ball Bowler? If so can you PM as I am in need of a few pictures of the machine! (have posted in a few threads so apologies for duplicating)!

1 week later
#97 9 years ago

Saved this one from the "recycle bin"! Chicago Coin Top Hat Ball Bowler. The good: it works with very few issues (one pin needs a coil) The bad: at one point the machine was converted over to quarters thus they riveted a plate to the top of the coin assembly and changed out all of the internal coin mechs. The cabinet was painted over so I have no idea as to the original paint scheme.

Anyone have parts (especially anything to do with the coin assembly and internal mechs) or original colored pictures of this game please pm me!

Another fun restoration project.

IMG_3326[1].JPGIMG_3326[1].JPG

#98 9 years ago

Restored Stepper Units and Relays to my Chicago Coin Goalee machine, does this count?

IMG_3251[1].JPGIMG_3251[1].JPG
#102 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Certainly, but it would be a lot more fun to see the whole machine.

Agree, all I need is time!! 80% the way there!

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from dj10555:

Relay board looks good meSz. How did you clean it up?

All the metal parts were dipped in Calcium, Lime & Rust remover (aka CLR), then put into a Ultrasonic cleaner with Mean Green and then polished up a little with Mothers Chrome polish. It wasn't hard to do just time consuming but for parts that were made almost 70 years ago (1946) it really cleaned everything up. The wooden "drawer" I just cleaned off and used a fine grit sandpaper on an orbital sander to clean it up.

I was going to clean the machine the best I could but then I seen a few post by ccotenj (Chris) that got me hooked on trying to clean everything as best as possible. So I blame him for this!!!!

3 weeks later
#134 9 years ago

Picked up a Bally Table Hockey. Although this is not a sought after machine I am partial to Bally and hockey games. For 3 bills delivered to my house I figured why not.

The only thing that got me is the seller advised me "game is complete and in working order". Once I received the machine I found the following:

No marble in game (not an ordeal but how was it determined that the game was “in good working order” if there was no marble?)
Wires to the Barrier coil were cut (again, how is the game “in good working order” when the barrier wasn’t even hooked up?)
Visiting team score lights do not work
10 cent Coin mechanism missing
Key to lock is not even the right key
The light for the playfield was missing and the one end of the socket is broken

All the items above are minor and pretty easy fixes but again just gets me how people make false claims to sell a machine!

BTW - if anyone has a 10 cent coin mech please PM me!

The machine overall is in real nice condition. The two "backglass" pieces are in excellent condition!
IMG_3479.JPGIMG_3479.JPG

IMG_3480.JPGIMG_3480.JPG IMG_3481.JPGIMG_3481.JPG IMG_3482.JPGIMG_3482.JPG
#136 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Congrats, I always thought this one had a nice look to it. I think you did pretty good for $300. Most of the issues are pretty minor.

Thanks, yeah 300 and the seller had a co-worker traveling my way so he agreed to haul and deliver it to my house for the 300.

All the issues are minor so not really upset with the seller lack of disclosure just be nice for people to disclose things, especially when it comes to parts that the wires aren't even connected!

Again, the only part I need is a 10cent coin mech but would think someone on here will have a spare!

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

that's wicked cool mesz...
does the "standard" coin-op mech go in there? or is it a big beast like the jukebox ones?

It's the "standard", I believe the housing for it is 3.5" x 4" if I recall correctly.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The original sticks for Olympic Hockey and Table Hockey are difficult to find. Great that your game has both of them.

Yeah the game actually came with four sticks!

Quoted from cfh:they were these wooden mini hockey sticks. couldn't figure out if that was original or not........the problem with this style of game is the amount of floor space it occupies

Not certain which sticks are original or not. The ones that came with mine are made of a soft plastic like material. As for the size of the game, actually it's not that big at all. The game is about the width of a pinball machine and maybe 2/3rd the length.

Quoted from Honch:

Any chance of posting a video once you have it working?

No need to wait, another guy posted a video already and it can be found here...

3 months later
#201 9 years ago

I picked up a Chicago Coin EM Rebound Shuffleboard machine. Always liked shuffleboard but they take up a deluge of space. This machine was local and price wasn't out there. I am in need of a few parts. Nothing mechanical just cosmetic. If you have any parts for this machine at all please see my WTB post at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-chicago-coin-rebound-shuffle-board-parts#post-1947079

1 week later
#221 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Here's a good looking bowler game....he's down to $600.00 and it's better than the one I fixed last month. Someone should buy it that lives near Missouri!
columbiamo.craigslist.org link

Someone please buy it and move to Pittsburgh so you can sell it to me!

1 week later
#240 9 years ago

Shared this in another post but thought it was fitting here as well. People who have a Bally Skill Roll may be interested.

Picked up a Bally Skill Roll. Never expected that it would include the "goody bag" inside.
Envelope included the following:
Operating Instructions (SKILL-ROLL 1000)
Schematics (W-822-1d)
"For Amusement" sign (form 100)
5 different "Skill Points" (forms 320, 340A, 340, 360 and 380)
"Star Lit" (form SKILL-ROLL-10)
Warranty Card
Business Reply Card
"How to Operate Skill-Roll" (2 page typed out paper)
2 - thumbtacks
1 - 5v fuse
1 - #44 bulb
1 - #55 bulb

image.jpgimage.jpg
#244 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Ooo, copies of those Skill Points and Star Lit cards, and How to Operate 2-pager would be neat to have...
Did it come with the #10 Gulmite driver too?
#10 Gulmite driver

Gulmite10.jpg 138 KB

DF, not sure if it did or not. I know when I put the machine into my vehicle there was something in the bottom of the cabinet (inside the coin door area) moving around so I will need to check it out and see.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Just picked this up yesterday...

I think I like moving pins around a lot more. This was heavy.

Twin Rifle.jpg 28 KB

damn was that restored? Thing looks mint!!!

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

+1. Any chance for a scan ?

No problem at all.... send me a PM with your email address and I can send it to you!

#265 9 years ago

Few items I picked up recently and now all are waiting restoration/clean-up:

(left to right)
1958 - Chicago Coin Rebound Shuffleboard (picked up about a month ago)
1941 - Chicago Coin Goalee (been working on for little over a year. Have all of the mechanics completely gone through and cleaned. The cabinet is the only thing left to restore)
1958 - Bally Skill-Roll (picked up a week ago)

IMG_3927[1]-774.JPGIMG_3927[1]-774.JPG
#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I want a skill roll Where did you find yours?

Picked it up in Hanover, PA (man what a mess that garage is)

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

You clearly have room for more games though.

Unfortunately with Winter coming the garage gets taken over with 5 cars so space is actually limited.

Also DF, those listings you sent me ..... none came to fruition. Sellers were just asking too much for the condition of the games!

#274 9 years ago

Anyone have one of the 1967 Chicago Coin Green Beret Gun Games that can give a review. I am contemplating pulling the trigger on buying the one on ebaY. The price is right BUT it involves me driving to Toronto on my own (which means an additional $200 for gas and parking at the hotel for 3 days) whereas now I have a ride with others! So if its not a game that is highly recommended I may just pass.

2 months later
#317 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Not really, but it's heavy for it's size. 2 1/4" across and about 5/8" high

I am not an expert when it comes to plating but is it possible that a plater like Mike Chestnut could just re-plate your original puck?

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Good question. I hadn't even thought about that.

I know he could re-plate it, just not sure if he would be able to save the center portion of the puck! Worth a shot, email Mike at [email protected] and send a picture of the puck.

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I have decided to just leave it alone. The logo label is actually applied to the puck before it is pressed and formed, so it is held in place by the rolled edges of the top

If you hit it with steel wool and a buffer it would probably come out pretty good.

As for getting it replated, I believe they can put heat tape or something over to preserve the logo. Mike Chestnut is excellent when it comes to plating and he would be the first to tell you whether he can save it or not. If he cant keep it as is and if he can I cant imagine it would cost much and the result would be awesome!

#331 9 years ago

Just finished cleaning up a Chicago Coin Rebound Shuffleboard EM board.

Before (the white spots are from the wax you use with shuffleboards)
IMG_3853.JPGIMG_3853.JPG
After
IMG_4230.JPGIMG_4230.JPG

4 weeks later
#356 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'm still slowly improving on this one a bit. Thanks to Chris at St. Louis Ball Bowler I just got a new backglass. It was an exciting upgrade so I thought I'd post a pic.

ProBasketball.jpg 115 KB

I love those old CC games!!!

10 months later
#514 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Here's a '41 Chicago Coin All Star Hockey I found in a damp basement long ago that's more fun than it looks
ASH1_sm_(resized).jpg
ASH2_sm_(resized).jpg
and a goofy place to keep some retired pinballs. I don't dare put more in there...
Gumball_(resized).jpg
/Mark

If you ever want to sell the hockey game please let me know! I have 1946 CC Goalee game it would look great next too!!!

3 months later
#567 8 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

1958 Chicago Coin Criss Cross Hockey. Cabinet touch-ups are in the offing; but, the restoration is largely complete. I got her up and running a few days ago. Note the illuminated red bonus light on the lockdown bar. At the end of the game, press the button adjacent to that light to collect your bonus. Fun!

Great looking game! Let me know when you're ready to sell it!!!

Would've been great if CC would've done some sort of design on the playfield like GOALEE!!

IMG_3140_(resized).JPGIMG_3140_(resized).JPG

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Agreed. That playfield/rink art would have improved the aesthetics. I have posted a comprehensive description of Criss Cross Hockey, for anyone interested in the gameplay, at: http://www.pinballowners.com/znet. Also, I will post a video soon since there's nothing on the Internet.

Z not to bust balls but almost ALL hockey games from this era are one player games with the option to play two players.
I think, to your point, Criss Cross was made as a single player only as it did allow for operators to put it in next to other arcade/pinball machines and didn't tar up too much space!!!!

1 year later
#918 6 years ago
Quoted from browne92:

Did the original motor ever work? If it did, you need to find the problem and fix it. Probably grease somewhere that has gathered dirt and gummed up over time. Putting a larger motor in is likely to just tear things up down the line.

Agree! A lot of times these motors just need a good cleaning and some oil to them and they will work!

2 months later
#1000 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What's a realistic price on this?
baltimore.craigslist.org link

Few of them on eBay right now asking 900 and 1000 for them! Also, one recently sold on eBay ... it was on there for 1000 OBO so it sold for under 1k! The one you're looking at appears to be in better condition but can't see 1500 more for it than what is on eBay!

Be interested in the Shuffleboard game they have in the background!

9 months later
#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from browne92:Where do you guys find this stuff? I live in a machine desert. I'm lucky to come up with the occasional pinball.

Quoted from cait001:

When you're a collector in this thread, sometimes collecting means driving across the continent for the pieces you want.

Collector is a nice word for addict!!!! Most of have been on those long journeys to get the machine they wanted, some have even shipped them from overseas.

BUT to cait001's point...if you truly want a game you'll go and get it!

4 months later
#1296 5 years ago

Anyone interested in a project CC Top Hat Ball Bowler for 800? I have the game mostly working with the exception of two pins that need tweaked!! Game needs a lot of cosmetic work but for the most part it's in working condition. PM me if any interest! I am going to try and get a post up for it with some pics soon.

1 week later
#1306 5 years ago

Anyone interested?

Other - For Sale
“Selling as I seem to never get time to work on anymore. Game is considered to be a project even though it does work! Chicago Coin Top Hat Ball Bowler This game I have working wit...”
2018-11-06
Santa Barbara, CA
Archived after: 23 days
Viewed: 174 times

#1311 5 years ago

I have a CC Top Hat that I am looking to ship and the shipper needs the size and weight of the machine broken down. Anyone of you Ball Bowler guys happen to know the dimensions and weight by chance? I mean the dimensions I surely can handle but no idea on the weight!

Also, currently working with M. Bianchi .... anyone recommend someone for shipping??? Going from PA to CA

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Generally the weight is listed on the flyer. Check there-

Unfortunately not in this case! I checked a few flyers for this style of game to no avail!

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

That does sound pretty darn close. I've moved goose necks multiple times. I'd say the head is maybe 200 lbs. The pin unit lane section,
220. The ball return end (front section), 75. And the ball lift box 80 - 100 lbs.

Thanks!

1 week later
#1326 5 years ago

Anyone interested in a set of Sun-Glo set of 8 Spangler Deluxe (2 5/16") Shuffleboard Weights (pucks)

Other - For Sale
“Total of 8 weights (4 red and 4 green). Picture shows condition of weights but I want to mention that one weight the chrome plating on the side is either worn off or was missed dur...”
2018-11-26
Santa Barbara, CA
Archived after: 23 days
Viewed: 35 times

IMG_0578[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0578[1] (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Magic Baseball is up on ebay. http://ebay.us/TOfFD6

Nice looking machine John. Odd to see an old game like this with absolutely no graphics on the front or side of the game. GLWS

1 year later
#1908 3 years ago

Hey all .... going over to a local collector's place to try and help fix his CHICAGO COIN PUCK BOWLER GAYETY. I know the #5 pin is not registering (retracting). He claims the switch is making contact. Outside of that, that's all I know. Just looking for things to check so appreciate any input!

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Okay, so the #5 pin isn't lifting or scoring. It would seem then that the #5 Pin
Relay in the Relay Bank isn't energizing. If that's the case, I'd check the switches
in the #5 Pin Relay. There's one set that's in its own circuitry that opens when
energized so the coil doesn't remain energized once pulled.
So check the NC switches in the #5 Pin Relay in the Relay Bank.
Note: It may be labeled the #1-5 Pin Relay..

thank you!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.