(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,742 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by AlexF
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,289 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BackBar (resized).JPG
BD345843-CD52-4AFF-A8ED-2E5B867F9B5B (resized).jpeg
A6A4B71A-DBBA-4245-92A9-F0748528A788 (resized).jpeg
F5E300DF-D1B0-473C-94AC-BE5CE60AD70C (resized).jpeg
D8D1CE2F-57F2-4009-AF91-357343D4ACD2 (resized).jpeg
825F82D4-7868-47ED-A543-E1E02C5AA245 (resized).jpeg
34A0669E-18BD-4180-8F5A-24E226C9AFDC (resized).jpeg
8CA8738F-D69E-48CD-B3CE-A497E05FBF10 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
mr (resized).jpeg
srglass (resized).jpeg
SR1 (resized).jpg
SR (resized).jpg
67119192_364653160863144_3075971207057637376_n (resized).jpg
00EAD2A9-BE01-43F1-921D-AAAE214F3BB9 (resized).jpeg
63B22D55-AD13-473B-8DBA-5DFE9A799AF6 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Show and tell us about your cool old things that still function that folks can interact with in your game room in addition to your EM pinball machines, Gun, and Submarine Games! (excluding yourself of course)

So Please, No Pinball Machines, Gun/Submarine or Pitch & Bat games as there is already EM threads for those. Generally this category is for 1979 and older machines, in some cases way old! (like us)

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-pitch-and-bat-games

So what else is in your arcade

Some examples would be a Ball Bowler, Shuffle Bowler, Mutoscopes, Arcade Digger Game, Gumball/Nut Machine, Hot Nut/Popcorn Machine, Candy Machine, Fortune Teller Machine, Cigarette/Cigar Machine. Soda Pop Machine, Weight Machine, Jukebox, Slot Machine, Clocks, Old Tin/Neon Signs, etc. (OK, I think you get the picture)

These pictures and stories hopefully will inspire others who view this thread such as myself to add new and exciting toys to the game room that enhance the old time pinball/arcade experience.

Want to sell, buy, or trade? Need advice or information? Post it here

Enjoy!

Ken

#2 5 years ago

I'll start first,

Here is my 1950's Swami Mechanical Fortune Teller, just needs your pennies.

These came with many different colored face plates so a diner could really jazz up their place. The basic idea was that with the intake of coins an owner could basically have his napkins paid for at that particular table. These deluxe napkin dispensers also held the diner menus on the back.

For the customer of the diner, inserting a penny into the slot and pulling the lever down you get 1 fortune ticket with your fortune on one side and some funny mumbo jumbo on the other. I remember as a kid going to such a diner and just marveled at these on the tables back then and just had to ask mom for her pennies! You could still readily find these being used by diners even up into the early 70's.

These things brand new went for about $20.00 each which was pretty pricy back in the day but now a very good example of these machines runs any where between $250.00 and $350.00 with poorer condition ones going for less. I consider mine as very good example and paid the low end of the pricey spectrum.

I actually had to repair mine with a pinball rubber as the dispenser was not working when I bought it but now works pretty good but will still dispense a couple tickets once in a while as the paper tends to stick together because of age and it being compressed by a spring when sitting for long periods without being used.

A very fun and cool addition for folks who are taking a break to have a cold one at the table it sits on in my arcade to get their fortune read.......and cheaply I might add................

Unfortunately it does not cover the cost of napkins anymore.

Ken

Ken

Swami 009.JPG
Swami 010.JPG
Swami 011.JPG
Swami 012.JPG
Swami 014.JPG
Swami 015.JPG
Swami 018.JPG
Swami 020.JPG
Swami 021.JPG

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

I have the madam x

I think for the small table top fortune teller machines Madam X and Swami are way cool! I may get a Madam X myself down the road too as they use the same paper fortunes which are readily available for sale on eBay.

Quoted from AlexF:The one on the left is a counter-top love tester and the one of the right is a peep machine.

Quoted from AlexF:

1958 Bally Skill Roll. Classic game.

Way cool Game room toys Alex!

Quoted from SteveFury:

My restored 160 selection 1961 Seeburg:

Super nice Juke Steve!

Quoted from Hoopjohn:

I have a 1957 United "Bowling Alley" small ball bowler, a 1962 Chicago Coin "Gold Crown" big ball bowler, and a 1954 United "11th Frame" shuffle alley..

Quoted from Honch:

. My brother has a beautiful 1950's big ball bowler. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of it

Don't give up on those pictures as folks want to see your toys including me.

Ken

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from sysprog:

1964 Chicago Coin Cadillac Bowler

Quoted from Hoopjohn:

1957 united bowling alley. 11' length

I would love to have a 16' Ball Bowler in our new home, but space will dictate that.

Ken

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Appropriate place for a WTB bowler ad?

Yes, you found the right place.

Buy, sell, trade.........it's all good.

Ken

#36 5 years ago

I have a couple 8 or 10 inch ZERO wall fans from the 60's that were mounted on the opposite walls in my arcade along with my original 1960's 7-UP electric clock which has a wood frame and still keeps time. 7-UP "You Like It.... It Likes you".

Ken

DSC04090.JPG

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Bowler, Gun game and Ringer.

You should take some close up pictures of your Gun Game and post it in this thread.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games

Ken

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Red:

A working reproduction of a rare Shake Hands with Uncle Sam strength tester.

Quoted from Red:

Here's a couple of coin operated candy machines.

Some very cool machines Red that look to be in pristine condition.

Ken

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

A lot of stuff here I have never seen before. Cool.

Indeed! Loving it as there are so many fun toys out there to be had!

Quoted from DennisDodel:

1959 Chicago Coin Bulls Eye Drop Ball. Very fun game.
1972 Chicago Coin Mini-Baseball.
Williams '63 Major League baseball.
1958 Bally All-Star Bowler.

Awesome!

Ken

1 week later
#84 5 years ago

I would love to get one of these down the road for my collection. I always thought the ASCO Hot Nut Machines where some of the nicest looking ones made. These are usually pretty pricy ranging from 800.00 to $1500.00. Great to have some hot cashew nuts for snacking and then wash them down with a cold beverage in between playing.

Ken

hot nut machine.JPG
#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

A friend of mine has something similar to this along with a 1950's hotdog roller and the food tastes awesome. They would make a great addition to any game room.

You should have him post a picture of it here.

Ken

3 weeks later
#87 5 years ago

Bump for anyone with some new toys for show & Tell!

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ok i just bought this H&W Machine company gumball machine. Its cool and in nice shape.

Anyone collect these?

--Jeff

Cool purchase Jeff.

I remember these Ford gumball machines being at a lot of restaurant check out counters back in the 60's and early 70's and they were always very shiny with their polished chrome. Even IHOPs had them. A lot of the machines had a card on top that stated your coin would be a donation to a charity or a Lions Club, Etc.

Ken

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from KJIa:

Picked this up a few years ago. Very fun old game to play.

I don't think I ever saw a Derby Roll, very cool concept as a shuffle board.

Ken

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from KJIa:

It's more of a bowler type game where you roll the ball to try and hit the different lit openings to advance your horses. Looks simple but the openings are just slightly larger than the ball and it tends to bounce to the outside where the smaller point values are.

Even better then I thought.

Thanks for explaining that.

Ken

1 week later
#96 5 years ago

Bump for more toys!

1 week later
#113 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here's an early Skee Ball project I just put up for sale. Not for the faint of heart but should be super cool when done.

I think that model is the coolest Skee Ball with the Barrel Shot. If I were going to get a Skee Ball that would be the kind. You should not have a problem selling that one Alex. Cheers!

Ken

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Here's my pinball-ish skee ball machine, the 1947 P&S machine "Tom Tom":

Quoted from AlexF:

Tom Taylor actually has one. Appropriately so. I always like to play it when I get a chance. I'd love to have one but I am guessing there can't be more than a few left.

I think it's a very cool machine too.

Looks like a simple design Alex and one could make a replica. Just need some basic wood working skills, a few mechanical parts, and a bgresto.com replica Backglass and away you go! Hummm... maybe I'll make one down the road. Now if I only had some measurements......

Ken

1 week later
#126 5 years ago

Bump for this weeks toys!

Now lets see some pictures of yours!

Ken

2 weeks later
#168 5 years ago

I loved the old Taco Bell Signs and the restaurants. More classic looking rather than the fast food look of today IMO.

Ken

Taco_Bell_in_Wausau,_Wisconsin.jpg
#171 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey cool, in Wausau? I wonder if it still has the retro look.

What is that in the picture Alex? Looks to me like a 90's minivan so maybe there is hope.

I guess an old Taco Bell outdoor sign would be a little big for an indoor arcade. but it just really cool looking to me. Saw them all the time in California growing up.

Ken

1 month later
#177 5 years ago

Bump for new toys

Ken

1 month later
#187 5 years ago

Bump for more fun stuff

Ken

3 weeks later
#210 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Maybe the wrong spot to post this but I brought this old girl home this week and I'm so proud. It hasn't been restored, but I sort of like it's aged beauty.

Nope, right spot Alex and a nice machine to boot! Thanks for sharing!

Ken

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Here's a good looking bowler game....he's down to $600.00 and it's better than the one I fixed last month. Someone should buy it that lives near Missouri!
columbiamo.craigslist.org link

Just what I'm looking for too. If it was local I would buy it, oh well.

Ken

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Road trip Ken!

To far for me Joe.

Quoted from jodini:

Can't beat the price!

Yep, but thanks for thinking of me Joe.

Ken

1 week later
#233 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I like the Gun FIght alot too

I played Gun Fight back in the day and it was fun, just need 2 players.

Never played SEGA Monster Gun but it does look fun too!

Ken

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Americoin junkyard
Americoin Fire Chief

I played those 2 back in the day and they were both fun!

Ken

2 months later
#303 5 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I'm looking for a backglass for this if anybody knows of one. Mine is a little flakey

Contact bgresto.com. They can do a new one for you.

Ken

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from Speeddemon:

Might be getting a Bonanza Rifle game next week. I hope, I hope! Will post pics if/when I do.
Great post and awesome pictures!

Great game! Hope you get it! I would not mind having one of those next to my Williams Phantom Gun.

Post it on this thread if you do: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games

Ken

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

A 1959 Williams Titan Gun game, kind of like a bingo game the idea is to shoot the rubber balls and get them to bounce into rows, 4 corners . A very unique game. It takes a few games to get the jest of it.

You should post that here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-show-us-your-em-gun-games

Ken

1 week later
#338 5 years ago

Great job restoring those pins!!

Ken

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from Hot_Rod_Grille:

Here area a few items from my garage gameroom, The Hot Rod Grille.

Awesome looking Gameroom!

Ken

1 month later
#368 4 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Here is a french crane machine that I will be hopefully restoring the mechanics soon, it is complete.....but not woking. An art deco beauty!

That wood looks simply beautiful! You can tell it was made of quality back in the day.

Ken

2 months later
#413 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I want to see you get shocked.

Yes indeed! It's Good For You! "Improves The Health"

Ken

3 months later
#432 4 years ago

1955 Williams Sidewalk Engineer:

This is a pretty cool looking item IMO. I don't think I played this one back in the day. It looks interesting to play but not sure how much fun it would be or what the real goal is. Would love to hear more about how this game works if someone here has one.

If you want one there is one for sale on eBay with no reserve (not mine).

ebay.com link

Ken

sidewalk_engineer.jpg

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

1955 Williams Sidewalk Engineer:

This is a pretty cool looking item IMO. I don't think I played this one back in the day. It looks interesting to play but not sure how much fun it would be or what the real goal is. Would love to hear more about how this game works if someone here has one.

If you want one there is one for sale on eBay with no reserve (not mine).

ebay.com link

Ken

Sold for $2913.63

Someone must love moving sand for that price.

Ken

2 months later
#457 4 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I picked these up over the weekend.

Also picked up an Attila the Hun over the weekend (not pictured).

Very cool, that Ten Strike will be super fun once restored.

Ken

4 months later
#545 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I would be really interested to hear whether anyone else has encountered this issue & how it was overcome. Thks Wayne

Great idea Wayne!

I think super heavy items like Ball Bowlers, Shuffle, and gun games should be put on wheels and for a 50+ year old guy like myself that has neck and back problems it is the only way to go IMO. I have my Williams Phantom Gun on 2" wheels but would suggest 3"- 4" wheels as they are to small to roll around any long distance like at a show, but work fine for moving around a small room like mine.

Ken

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

A 1965 Hamm's Scene-a-Rama motion sign. It rotates through a camping scene, waterfall etc. Pretty neat.

Very cool Hamm's sign indeed and my favorite as it has lots of memories for me as my uncle had one in his home bar, As a kid I used to watch the scene passing by for quite a while at a time. He passed away and from what I know my aunt sold it for $300.00 back in the 90's.

So what does one of these moving scene ones go for these days?

Ken

3 months later
#614 3 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

EM-PINMAN (KEN)
I'm sorry for posting the pitch & bat stuff in this thread. I forgot the seperate thread for that ...
My age is playing with my memory again!

It's all good. It plugs into a wall outlet so I'll consider it an "Old Electrical Toy".

Ken

5 months later
#726 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

hat game looks good enough to not restore it.

Yep, just some paint touch ups on the cabinet, no full repaint needed IMO.

1 month later
#739 3 years ago

That Hamm's sign is super cool. My Uncle had one in his mini bar at his house back in the 60's minus the clock. I used to stare at that thing every time I visited. When my Uncle died my aunt sold it at her garage sale for $300.00 and this was back in the early 90's. How much did you pay for it if I may ask?

1 month later
#803 2 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

One of the smallest trade stimulators, an early 1940's Groetchen IMP. A one cent 3 reel slot disguised as a gum ball radio. Not sure how well this threw off the Feds, but they did make a lot of them. This one has the cigarette reels where you need to match three to win (an early grave). The radio dials flip over the reels so, "hey we're just listening to the big game on this gumball machine".
Added a pic of one in the wild.

2 weeks later
#842 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here is a potential modified game room layout that could work.

The Ball Bowler is a keeper for sure IMO. I see a CC basketball game that could be sold to accommodate another pinball machine as you already have the other basketball game, that way you get to keep your Jungle.

3 months later
#946 2 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

I just picked up this 1959 ABT Frantz (US Marshal) gun game. I was told that the yellow version is very hard to come by and was mostly made in the blue version. Fun game

WOW, Yours looks super nice! I remember fondly playing the game as a kid but it was the blue version. Whats the measurements on yours? Maybe I can find a spot in the future for one.

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

This also followed me home. A 1947 Exhibit Supply Mauser Pistol Shooting Gallery (Dale Gun).

Super nice as well! Not sure if I played that one as a kid.

#957 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I am in the process of restoring an Ask Swami fortune slip napkin holder. The dispensing pad which sits on the internal slider mechanism which pushes the fortune slip forward is worn out on my machine. Does anyone know what this pad is made from (critical to get proper slide of the fortune slip)? Thks.

From Post #2

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I actually had to repair mine with a pinball rubber as the dispenser was not working when I bought it but now works pretty good but will still dispense a couple tickets once in a while as the paper tends to stick together because of age and it being compressed by a spring when sitting for long periods without being used.

Hey Wayne. Mine was missing too. It was a black pinball rubber I used that I had on hand and worked great. Sometimes the paper will stick together and issue a couple fortunes but that is the fault of the paper itself being 60+ years old and bound together in a bundle all those years, so it will never work 100% unless you printed up new fortunes. Just find a flat rubber that is snug around the metal lip that issues the fortunes and it will work fine.
Cheers!
Ken
Swami 015 (resized).JPG

Added over 3 years ago: The black rubber I used was 1/4 ID (inside diameter) x 1/2" wide or a little less.

#970 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Where do you find the cards? Seems like there are tons of different NOS fortune teller cards out there; although I'm sure most would not be the correct size.

eBay, same place I found my Swami Napkin Holder. Anyone selling NOS cards will/should say they fit Swami, so no brainier. Swami and Madame X use the same cards, just make sure they have a picture on the listing for a visual confirmation. NOS cards will stick together but as far as I know no one makes them new because there are so many original refills left over.

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Thanks, good to know they are out there...just found some on e-bay. I'm tempted to get some, because knowing me, once I finally find a good deal on the holder, they will be unobtanium

Swami / Madame X Fortune Teller Napkin Holders have gone up quite a bit for the nice ones over the years, I'm sure at one point in time you could have picked these up for next to nothing when restaurants were getting rid of them. They made a lot of them and get circulated quite a bit so I don't see them vanishing any time soon. Too bad they did not build them to be upgraded to taking a nickle or dime as these would have lasted a bit longer out in the trade for more folks to see and have fun with.

I got to know about the Swami Napkin Holders when my mom and I went to a diner back in the early 70's that were still using them. I checked out all the tables and thought all the different colored face plates and shiny chrome were very cool and was trying to pick out my favorite colored one, which was like the one I bought and have pictured in the beginning of this thread. The one on our table I put a couple pennies into and got a couple fortunes which I thought was very cool as well, good times. It was the first and only time I went to a restaurant/diner that had these as they came out in the 1950's and a penny was not what it used to be by the early 70's.

2 weeks later
#979 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Had to load a couple pics in the lab top anyways, so I took a snap
of Peppy. It was made for Kids, but of course the Adults have to
give it a try also.

That machine made bookoo coin on location back in the day according to Harry Williams who also designed it himself and also said that they did quite well in the big stores.

9 months later
#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Brought this game home this morning. It plays, just needs a little clean-up. I was thinking how much I missed my '68 Bally World Cup Soccer and happened upon it. Pretty cool, I've never owned a Sega arcade game.

Cool first Sega game Alex. I don't remember if I played that one as a kid as I did play quite a few different Sega games back in the day. Watch out for PACMAN though, he loves his Sega games and I don't know if he owns that one, so he might try to bribe you out of it.

Enjoy!

Ken

9 months later
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

My painted red (restored by someone else) also came with an error. I got a deal on it and just haven’t messed with it yet. Can you spot it?

gum dispenser plate painted black instead of white?

2 months later
#1470 9 months ago

Lucky guy with your first ball bowler, congrats hoov! I wanted one for my new arcade but could only accommodate a 13', just not worth it IMO. Have fun with it.

2 months later
2 weeks later
#1563 7 months ago

These are so cool.....pun intended.

Sold for $25.00! Man if this was local for $25.00 I would have nabbed it even though I have no room, What a deal! It was working and complete except for a coin mech!

Just sad in a way that no one really wants these anymore as prices range basically from $25.00 to $400.00. The Coke ones tend to be expensive depending on the model. Seems like you can pick up RC, Pepsi, and 7-UP ones on the cheap though.

ebay.com link » 1960s Vintage Rc Nehi Soda Pop Bottle Vending Machine
RC Cooler (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1593 6 months ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Anybody have an opinion on if I should even risk putting this in the ultrasonic cleaner???

I wouldn't do it. I use my ultrasonic cleaner a lot and it is a crap shoot sometimes still as to what metals turn black or not, could create a mess for you.

5 months later
#1719 20 days ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Anyone familiar with this Allied Drag Races game. Worth saving? I have the opportunity to get this in a bulk pinball purchase .. just checking if there is any desirability for it

Very cool. I don't remember playing that one when I was young and I played a lot of those type of games.

I would say it is a rare 2 player, grab it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 300.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
£ 32.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside