(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CC Pro Basketball Door Adjustment Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20240403_091144868-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091218493_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091144868 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091233305_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091248106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091243897 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_085015166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091131492 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091253676_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091350919 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091327118 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider catalina.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Thinking about trying my hand at making my own bowler. But I am curious how normal ball bowlers connect lane exstensions? Anybody have any good pictures of how that is done?

To add to the previous poster, there are also 4 bolts that pull the two sections together before you can put those heavy straps in. I am very familiar with it as I had to make a completely new end plate for mine.

I just finished getting my ABC Bowling Lanes up and running this past weekend. I started a post over at arcade-museum as it seemed like that site had more initial info. Nowhere near the same traffic as on this site.

I am looking for a few misc parts if any of the other owners out there could help. Initially, really only need one of the internal reel lights for the score unit. The ~6" long two piece with the socket in the middle.

If anyone is interested (and it's allowed), here's a link to the post showing what I did.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=402655

bolts 1 (resized).JPGbolts 1 (resized).JPG

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Your machine is lacking one of the score reel light sockets? If so, I have some..

Yes, I have one missing and one pretty badly damaged. I'd be happy with one for now. PM me what you'd like for one shipped to Ohio and ill make it happen.
Thanks!

Added over 7 years ago: EDIT:

Thanks Mopar! Just received the extra units so I can finish up the lighting! It's much appreciated.

1 week later
#910 6 years ago
Quoted from smohr:

United Cascade Shuffle Alley..
After getting the bugs/quirks out of this alley, it made the move to the basement. I had to open up a closet floor in the garage to get a clear shot thru the basement door.
Steve

Have you repaired the closet floor yet or did you get working on the alley first?

1 week later
#930 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It uses a chain and sprocket system. I'll take it apart again this weekend and make sure everything adjusted correctly. St louis ball bowler has a new motor on the site but I rather not spend 300 bucks since I've already got significant time and money invested in this thing if I can just fix or retrofit what's already there.

I would also like to stress to try and seriously clean it out first. I will usually do so without actually disassembling the motor itself.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blaster-Penetrating-Catalyst-12oz/16816083

This stuff can work miracles. I have used it in the past many times to free up motors and get them working again. It is non conductive so you can completely soak the motor in it and hand turn it at first to get the unit freed up and than continue to spray and turn it to get an debris, rust, grease, etc. out of the inner workings of it.

If the unit is really bad, I will start with PB Blaster first and let soak and than use something more aggressive to get any caked on grease out of the inside. I'll use brake cleaner, contact cleaner or carb cleaner to do so. Once it's cleaned out really well, I'll respray it with PB blaster to help lubricate it up.

Old motors need to be seriously damaged before they can't be rescued.

I have literally filled seized old convertible top motors up 100% with the stuff and than turn the motor on and let it run to break things free inside. Than let it drain and repeat. I have not had one time that it failed to resurrect a seized one. (if they didn't physically looked fried). For these motors, I would probably NOT run them filled as they are 120v not the 24v ones I have done that with. Not saying it wouldn't work, just that I have not personally tried it.

Good luck! And post pics!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider catalina.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom?tu=catalina and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.