(Topic ID: 87707)

Show us your EM Bowlers, Mechanical, and old Electrical Toys in your Gameroom!

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,537 posts
  • 296 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Night Rider 3 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 2 (resized).jpg
Night Rider 1 (resized).jpg
CC Pro Basketball Door Adjustment Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20240403_091144868-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091218493_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091144868 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091233305_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091248106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091243897 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_085015166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091131492 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091444107 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240403_091306542 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider browne92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here is a 1940s Dodge hula lamp. She even hulas. She has 3 settings, lit, hula or both. My wife says I need a cooler shade and she's right but the period correct ones aren't cheap.

I think there are people who make custom lamp shades on etsy.com. You might be able to find someone to make a repro for you.

Wish I had some pics to share, but I live in a mechanical desert. Not much of that stuff around here.

6 months later
#311 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Thanks. Maybe I can have one made at a machine shop. I have the original one but it's pitted.

I might be able to turn one for you. Any idea what it is made of?

7 months later
#428 8 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Steering accuracy translates into the fastest lap times.

I'd love to see how that works.

5 months later
#518 8 years ago

What a great idea. I never think of stuff like that.

Wouldn't be hard to get the buttons to light up and blink, either.

Fun!

8 months later
#678 7 years ago

This will help some:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5976

The IPDB might appreciate some pictures of that version.

3 weeks later
#686 7 years ago

Pace manufacturing built mostly slot machines, so there is a chance that it just got shipped in a Pace box, or Pace made it for another manufacturer.

There's also a chance that it's not a game back glass at all. For instance, it might be a part of display for a pin setter that shows which pins are still standing between the first and second ball.

7 months later
#917 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So the ball lift motor on my united Aztec just isn't powerful enough to lift the balls and constantly jams up. Has any retrofitted a more powerful motor into one of these things?

Did the original motor ever work? If it did, you need to find the problem and fix it. Probably grease somewhere that has gathered dirt and gummed up over time. Putting a larger motor in is likely to just tear things up down the line.

3 months later
#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I was thinking a capacitor; however, the way the machine works is you grab two handles, one of which turns. As you turn the handle, a coil moves on a rod over another coil causing the voltage to increase.

Yes, variable transformer. Does this machine plug into A/C mains? Or did it operate off battery?

If battery, then there must be some sort of "chopper" circuit. Transformers don't work with D/C.

Many years ago, I took apart a vacuum tube car radio (note: NOT stereo ) It had a part in it (called a vibrator, IIRC) that would switch the 12DC from the car battery on and off very rapidly so it could be fed to a transformer to get the high voltages needed for the vacuum tubes. If your machine operated off battery, then I suspect it used something similar. If so, my best guess is it is a capacitor that went across the contacts of the vibrator to prevent arcing which leads to contact erosion.

If it works on A/C, then all bets are off and I just made everyone suffer through a history on vintage electronics for no reason.

Best of luck.

6 months later
#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I have now completed all three machines-they came up fairly nice. The centre one will be my keeper & I will onsell the other two. The third machine had a missing coinbox but managed to fabricate one of these tricky little boxes including the internal coin diverter.

Very nice bit of kit on the fab work. Sheet metal can be tricky, even if you have access to the right equipment. But that looks really nice.

I do some machining metal work (turning and milling). People don't understand that things like sheet metal work, wrought iron, and tube bending are all metal working, but require different skill sets and tools. I've had to turn down several requests to make motorcycle handlebars.

But now I know who to contact if I need a coin box.

2 months later
#1214 5 years ago

Where do you guys find this stuff? I live in a machine desert. I'm lucky to come up with the occasional pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider browne92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom?tu=browne92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.